• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Individual Tavern decoration independant of function

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjhguztjftr

Private
Proposal

Make the design of the Friends Tavern independant of the function.

I have searched the Ideas section for the same idea.

Reason
The How to of the Friends Tavern states that it can be decorated individually. However since we all want the best items and the highest boost, all taverns look the same. I think it would be more fun for some players to pick which decorations to display.

Details
Simply have the boost of the highest unlocked upgrade work, no matter what upgrade is selected. Currently you can select any upgrade, but it will change both the look and the function. eg. if you select the glass tablet it will only give you 6% extra coins. I suggest, that you can select eg. the glass tablet and it will display the glass tablet, but assuming you have all tavern upgrades it will always give you 10% extra silver, no matter what decoration is currently selected.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
There could be some confusion in old players, if taverns start having other then the gold-red decoration, since you wouldnt be able to tell what upgrades a tavern has from it's usual look. I do not think this has any abuse potential but might lead to some dissatisfaction, just like the current state does in some other players.

Knight of ICE

Sorry, but I do not think this is a useful idea. I really don't care how my tavern is decorated and I really doubt if others do. I never even look at Taverns of others. Don't have to, to sit there, so why should I.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
YOU may not care, but some people do. Why do you think cosmetics are so popular in games?

Seriously, having some more variety in tavern appearance will be a nice addition to the game.

Forwandert

Major-General
YOU may not care, but some people do. Why do you think cosmetics are so popular in games?

Seriously, having some more variety in tavern appearance will be a nice addition to the game.

We had more variety upto 2 years ago when the tavern was changed to just 4 era versions as a 'visual improvement'.

Knight of ICE

If some people do they can vote in favor of it. In my opinion as a player it isn't an addition to the game. Cosmetics mean nothing to me and I think they are a waste of time. They have no infuence on how I play the game. When the Flying Island was introduced, players started to refer to it as the Big Turd. That was never a reason for me to place it. It's bonusses and size were.

Knight of ICE

Idea does not have enough Community support. Locked and archived.

Status
Not open for further replies.