• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Indicator of Open Market Trades

DeletedUser99692

Proposal

That guild members trades posted to Open Market be clearly visible when using the Only show guild offers filter

Research

Has this been proposed before / I can find nothing similar

Reason

That guild members can easily distinguish market offers that are Posted using the Guild Only Option from those set for Open Market Trading

Details

Text for guild members offers selected to be displayed to Guild only offers remain unchanged whilst Text for Open Market offers be displayed in White text when the player has employed the Only show guild offers filter.

Example

Screenshot_1.png

Summary

At this time when you select to Only Show Guild Offers you see all of the trades that your Guild Members have placed. Regardless of whether they have been listed to guild only or not. Many guilds insist on Setting Exact Rates for In Guild Trading but are unable to restrict other rates being offered to friends etc outside of Guild. This would be a quick and simple way to distinguish Goods that are open to external trade. It would help stop some accidental purchasing of goods that have been explicitly placed to either take advantage of the more lax Open Trading Situation or Goods that are placed to bring Goods in to bolster guild stocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

I'm sure similar suggestions have been made in the past and not seen the light of day yet. Maybe it is on the developers to do list to be implemented soon ;)

DeletedUser99692

I find navigating this forum's stored material extremely difficult I may have missed what has been suggested. Personally I am tired of pulling a guild member up for bad trades only to be blithely told but they are not guild only I am sure I am not alone in this.

DeletedUser2989

Most suggestions regarding the market are for symbols or filters regarding this topic, making the text a different color is unique from what I can remember. While this is a good suggestion you'd still need an explanation of the difference somewhere so that new players aren't all left questioning why there are two colors of text in their market. Given that I'm more inclined to support another filter button (or set of buttons) as the explanation is built into it.

DeletedUser96901

I don't like the color idea
but highlighting open trades

my suggestion would be:
different icons on the accept trade button

now we have 2
- one for non-guild trades: $->
- and then accepting guild members: hammer and shield

the second could stay but for guild only trades
and for open trades a neighbor icon (like the one when filtering the trades) could be also on the button

DeletedUser99692

My apologies for not clearly expressing that the colour difference would only show when Guild only trades were filtered. At this time when this filter is selected all of your guild members trades are displayed regardless of their designation.

As for anything in this game having a clear explanation built into it I can only comment on the complete lack of content in the use of the market in the game tutorial. The majority of my knowledge of this facility was gained by self exploration and comments by other players.

DeletedUser2989

It's good to know that it'd only apply while filtering "guild only" trades, it also means that the further color difference (as per this idea) could be explained in the tool-tip for the filter button. Could be good to edit that bit of detail into the OP. :)

I'll +1 this option.

DeletedUser108772

A simple star next to an open market trade would be easy to implement i'm sure. definitely something needs to be added to make it clear and stop in guild problems with unfair trades offered.

DeletedUser5180

+ from me

nowadays there are a lot of trades posted like 200 BA for 400 FE goods due to players trading goods for fps, and as a guild founder i often get messages from guild members saying player X has unfair trades on the market so this would stop that.

i'd go down the route of filtering

DeletedUser108047

+1 from me. Highlighting guild trades and increasing trade options and trade strategies can only be a good thing. I'd also like to see filtered friends trades that you could sort by guild - thus facilitating the use of trading as part of a GvG strategy

DeletedUser108278

+1 for making "only show guild offers" button /in trade menu/ to open only offers marked with "only guild members can see this offer" button /in create offer menu/.
Simple and easy to make.
You should know your guildmates names if searching goods in open market ;)

Last edited by a moderator: