• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Indication of 1 for 9 on GB's

bobbit64

Private
Why do the devs of FOE not have some method to indicate a GB is part of a 1.9

I wrongly assumed that the ARC was the only GB to do this so stopped providing FP's to anyone else arc - makes it near impossible to acquire Blueprints, but its the safest.

Today I copped another spray for contributing to a GB that was "1.9". Surely this can be addresses

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Because the 1.9 is a player invented method - it is not part of the game when it was developed. Any GB can be part of a 1.9, or not. It is all up to the individual players - and for contributing players, you can decide if you want to use the 1.9 that the GB player has or not. It is all a choice.
As such - nothing to address, except by individual players. This is not an Inno feature or problem at all.

Knight of ICE

Today I copped another spray for contributing to a GB that was "1.9". Surely this can be addresses

Contributing to a GB is part of the game and not against game rules. Player that owns the GB has no say in who can contribute and how much they need to contribute.

Emberguard

Legend
Quite frankly 1.9 is absolutely irrelevant to the problem you're bringing up.

Randomly contributing guarantees you'll have a conflict of interest between your goals and everyone else. They could have been doing swaps, exchanges, self-leveling or something else entirely. Result would have been the exact same: competing with everyone that intends to contribute.

If you're at all concerned about what the Owner plans for their building, then don't ever randomly contribute. Talk to them instead. Get a deal. You might find yourself bumped off by a random contributor, but you'll have a significantly reduced chance of this occurring if you talk to the Owner first to get a agreed price.

The main reason making a deal beforehand reduces getting bumped is because Great Building Owners tend to deliberately go out of their way to bump off random contributors even if the random contributed the amount the Owner intended to get

Regarding your idea: My main concern is it could prevent players from ever using a better method, or even just trying to improve the methods we have now. Some players use rates higher than 1.9. At one point it used to be 1.8 as the standard. Prior to that Swaps were the standard. If you put a 1.9 only indicator and stop there..... pretty good chance every method that would have been a improvement to 1.9 would automatically get rejected by the playerbase

Now if you put a interface that's customizable with absolutely anything you could possibly come up with, then it could be used for what you want while being flexible for if someone comes up with a different method. The contributor interface could certainly be improved to make calculations easier, but that's true for every method not just 1.9

Andrew420

Major
Why do the devs of FOE not have some method to indicate a GB is part of a 1.9
1.9 is absolutely irrelevant to the developers.
It's a player invented dynamic
Ever since its creation has spawned a sense of entitlement from participants
Players are not guaranteed a GB spot unless they can lock it
If they dont know how to or when to lock it the fault lies with the owner or swap partner not the sniper

It can be from our end
What I do when an entitled player whines that I sniped them
I ignore them and then start plundering them

bobbit64

Private
Quite frankly 1.9 is absolutely irrelevant to ............. Talk to them instead. Get a deal. You might find yourself bumped off by a random contributor, but you'll have a significantly reduced chance of this occurring if you talk to the Owner first to get a agreed price.....

Regarding your idea: My main concern is it could pr............ The contributor interface could certainly be improved to make calculations easier, but that's true for every method not just 1.9
Thanks Emberguard. Your response makes sense.

I only contribute FPs to those in my Friends list and out of respect for other players, didn't want to impact their 1.9. I also didn't realize it was invented by the players themselves.

Your idea of making contact before I throw FP's onto someones GB makes sense - I'll give it a try

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
the 1.9 was player invented, the devs made a huge mistake when bringing out the ark, they had no idea some smart alec would work out a maths formula that means players can donate once there ark is past 80 and get all there points back,
it brought about much faster gbs leveling which in my mind is cheating just as bad as having 2 or more accounts and pushing you gbs,
but the game have looked the other way and allowed its use, now its become the norm and part of the game, and from that we now have made up rules about snipping and people all getting butt hurt if anyone makes any kind of profit from a gb that they dont feel they should
it wasnt how many of us grew up playing this game before the ark and all these cheats that players take for granted today,