• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Increase size of Attack button for PvP and more prominent position

• Thread starter DeletedUser99588
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser99588

Proposal: To increase the size of the attack button in the neighbourhood social bar and give it a more prominent position.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea YES

Reason: Since the new AID button has taken the position of the ATTACK button it has made it very easy to press the AID button by mistake. Also I find the the attack button just to small for consecutive use. It's fine having buttons that small that aren't being used often but not for something that could be pressed 80 times a day.

Details: I would like to see the ATTACK button and AID button given the same size buttons and not to be located next to one another. The size of the buttons need to be greater than the current attack button which is just to small but doesn't have to be as large as the current AID button.

Visual Aids: None at the time being. Would hope Innogames have GUI designers who are up to the task of improving layout. Maybe they can provide some sample designs to be voted on.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Cannot think of any balance issues would just be an improvement to the GUI.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

+1
How about moving the attack button back where it was before
and putting the aid button at the top of the portrait?

DeletedUser7719

At least a setting whether you want the aid or attack button at that position would be nice as well, but regardless, +1 from me :D

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
+1 ... This is again another much needed change with the Aid feature ....

thanks thanatos100 for making it into an idea format ...

regards

ddevil

DeletedUser15526

yip +1 from me hate accidently aiding when i want to attack

Andrew420

Major
+1 from me
I don't attack from the social bar anymore I visit city then hit the big attack portrait in the action pop-up
It is to easy to hit aid button out of habit and the cross swords are to small

DeletedUser15526

yh loading each city negates accidents but takes to long,lol

DeletedUser96867

What about splitting the bottom button in half? With Aid on one side and attack on the other, in 2 very distinctly different colors? That would result in a attack button about double the size of the current one. playerbarimage.jpg

DeletedUser1081

Nice artwork, fischh, but it still seems too easy for a paw to slip and click the wrong one. I feel "attack" should be at the bottom and "aid" at the top, where our higher instincts naturally tend :cool:

DeletedUser96867

@mink The question is what would you move at the top to make room? The name, rank and score? or make the profile image 1/3rd smaller? Let me know and I'll try to throw a image together.

DeletedUser2989

@mink The question is what would you move at the top to make room? The name, rank and score? or make the profile image 1/3rd smaller? Let me know and I'll try to throw a image together.

fischh has a point here, though another option might be to suggest a slightly larger social bar so an extra button can be added on top without removing/reducing anything. I'd have no clue if Inno would accept making it a bit larger for this reason but if it's being added as a design option there isn't much harm in it (so long as the core of the idea is what people support).

DeletedUser1081

Fischh, I think the name area and the portrait could both be made a bit smaller, and well-separated aid/attack buttons could be a touch slimmer than in the image you've created. It would be brilliant if you could make a mock-up like that - thanks & praises!

DeletedUser653

+1 the number of times i hit aid by mistake is getting silly, with 20 mins and lots of points to make up in tower its very easy now to AID a person instead of attacking them.

DeletedUser96867

@mink I'll see what I can come up with. I'd be hesitant to make the button any slimmer (height wise) In my previously posted image (which is the same proportions as the current playerbar profiles) the buttons are still 3x wider than the height. Making it full width would have it 6x wider than the height before reducing height even more.

DeletedUser96867

playerbarimage2.jpgplayerbarimag3.jpg

Ok couple more attempts. In the one I just move that attack button to where the mail/GB's were before, everything remains the same size.

In the other one I slightly decreased the height of the name section, the rank and score section. Decrease the player image to 85% of the original size, and increase the width of the mail/gb to 140%. The height of the AID and ATTACK buttons remained the same.

DeletedUser2989

+1 It'd be nice to see an even amount of space given to both Aid and Attack buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.