• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Increase siege costs on the All Ages map

• Thread starter DeletedUser108688
  • Start date

DeletedUser103370

that is a defeatist attitude - if you can't be bothered to even try don't complain when you fail

That's a strange statement, after I expressed my opinion about a hundred different ways and walls of texts, while you only repeating one thing, that the rest of us needs to be better...

One would think that is a defeatist attitude, not the other way around.

rjs66

Lieutenant
it is not hard coded into the game that only 2 or 3 guilds may dominate
nor is it in the rules
it is in the minds of the players who believe they can't compete that allows that situation

and get a dictionary and look up "defeatist" - you obviously have no idea what it means

Last edited:

DeletedUser103370

It doesn't matter if it is hard-coded, or if it's simply how it turns out. Either way it's in the interest of the devs to make every and any feature as widely used as possible, by providing rules and guidelines which favor them.

And thanks for the lecture on the meaning of "defeatist", I promise I'll check a dictionary to live up to your superiority ;)

You definitely have an attitude problem. We all have the same set of rules to play by. And I guarantee that no matter how the rules get changed some will adapt, we already have done that, and others will want still more rule changes because they can't adapt - they don't try!

So it goes like this → Oh Woes Wits Me, Oh Woes Wits Me, What Will I Do, Oh Woes Wits Me

DeletedUser103370

Sorry m8, but nothing is wrong with my attitude. I didn't insult anyone, nor trolled, merely stood up for my opinion, as I do now...

And just because you can't see what goal one would wanna achieve with a proposal, it doesn't make it an outcry for rule-change to make their game easier...

So in reality it goes like this:
you check a feature -> you see that the feature is highly dominated and used only by a very select few -> you make changes to widen usage by making it more accessible to everyone

I could give you a simple example:
  • GE could be adjusted so hard, that only people with the highest bonuses and having enormous number of troops could use it
  • Then you'd see that out of let's say 50.000 people a 100 would use it
  • In this case again, you could say "hey you have the same chance, you'll use GE when you get there" and in a way you're right
  • Though they probably didn't implemented GE to be played by 0.2% of the players, nor they thought that maybe after 5 years you will be lucky enough to use it, so what you do is you adjust it, this way more people can enjoy
  • Oh and guess who would fight to keep it that way? :) EZ, those 100...
  • Now the only question remains, whose interest matters more. The 100, or the 49.900 players...
It's exactly the same we talk about here. But until you "fighting to keep your place and precious privilege", in other words, for your own interests, we are trying to simply make it more accessible to more players.

About your guarantee, again with a simple example I can show you you're wrong:
I could implement a rule that no single guild could have more than 5 or even 3 (you tell me) regions in AA map.
Boom. Adopt to that...
Now I guarantee you that it would achieve the effect we're looking for. From that point there would be the very least 20-30 guilds in the map, with a probably much more fluid mix of guilds. Of course I'm not saying this should be the way, it's just a rough example. But with smart rules you CAN regulate how a feature works.

Last edited by a moderator:

rjs66

Lieutenant
it's obvious you don't even want to try and play the game

it's too hard - make it easier by preventing those that want to play from doing well
make it easier for those that don't want to try, to get something without working for it

if somebody has done better than you, punish them, break what you can't have

remove all incentive for people to even try by making so that there is no benefit in trying

kill the game you can't figure out

if everybody actually tried then the game would become much more dynamic

this game isn't farmville or the care bears play with cotton wool - it is a game designed to make people play against each other
making it so that everybody gets everything they want without putting in the effort will make a total mockery of the game

DeletedUser103370

it's obvious you don't even want to try and play the game

it's too hard - make it easier by preventing those that want to play from doing well
make it easier for those that don't want to try, to get something without working for it

if somebody has done better than you, punish them, break what you can't have

remove all incentive for people to even try by making so that there is no benefit in trying

kill the game you can't figure out

if everybody actually tried then the game would become much more dynamic

this game isn't farmville or the care bears play with cotton wool - it is a game designed to make people play against each other
making it so that everybody gets everything they want without putting in the effort will make a total mockery of the game

Weird, I thought I just explained the exact opposite of all your statements here, in my post above...
What's obvious is that you only care about your own interests, instead of the game.

rjs66

Lieutenant
you are the one who doesn't seem to care about the game - all you want to do is change things to make it easier

the game is supposed to have a challenge to it
making it so everyone gets everything without having to work for it removes any challenge and makes it boring

if you can't play the game and compete with the players who obviously care enough about the game to actually play it to it's fullest then why are you playing at all

if people spent their time trying to play and progress and better themselves then the game would be more dynamic
removing the challenge by removing the incentive to do well will kill the game

you obviously don't want to try and just want it all handed to you on a plate

DeletedUser103370

you are the one who doesn't seem to care about the game - all you want to do is change things to make it easier

the game is supposed to have a challenge to it
making it so everyone gets everything without having to work for it removes any challenge and makes it boring

if you can't play the game and compete with the players who obviously care enough about the game to actually play it to it's fullest then why are you playing at all

if people spent their time trying to play and progress and better themselves then the game would be more dynamic
removing the challenge by removing the incentive to do well will kill the game

you obviously don't want to try and just want it all handed to you on a plate

Again, all this is explained in my post above.
No, I don't want to change the game to make it easier.
Yes the game supposed to have a challenge to it, but if a feature is only used by a very few, then rules need to change.
When you say I can't play the game, you're saying that about 90% or more of all the players, think about it...
Making it harder to get or keep ridiculous amounts of regions doesn't mean others won't have to work for it...
No, on the contrary it would make the game enjoyable to many more people.
And obviously you still don't/don't want to understand what we are saying...

DeletedUser110195

Why is it easier to believe that 8 million people are being lazy, rather than a few thousand are being greedy?

If you tax the top guilds the entire system will come crashing down!

If you just work harder you too can be rich!

You make all the same stupid arguments the top .1% owners of wealth make....

rjs66

Lieutenant
i'm not saying 8 million people are being lazy
i'm saying that those who got to the top did so by working harder than most

to get something good you have yo work for it , and work harder than the rest to get the best stuff

you just give up and cry it's unfair that people have stuff you don't because they worked for it and you didn''t, it's how life works and this game too

so it's hardly a stupid argument that hard work pays off

all you want is to punish those that are doing better than you - that is what is stupid

DeletedUser103370

i'm not saying 8 million people are being lazy
i'm saying that those who got to the top did so by working harder than most

to get something good you have yo work for it , and work harder than the rest to get the best stuff

you just give up and cry it's unfair that people have stuff you don't because they worked for it and you didn''t, it's how life works and this game too

so it's hardly a stupid argument that hard work pays off

all you want is to punish those that are doing better than you - that is what is stupid

So you saying that if only 0.2% of the whole population of the game can use a feature, then that is ok?

You're the one crying, scared that you can lose your monopoly, ignoring the fact that the game wasn't made for 0.2%...

All you want is to keep up a system which favors your position, where you didn't get because you work harder than any of us, but because you're lucky enough to be in a guild which atm is capable to be there... That is stupid, also... very ignorant...

rjs66

Lieutenant
anyone can use any feature of the game

anyone can get to high position in the game - lots of people have

i'm not crying at all - but you seem incapable of grasping hard work = benefits

you are not prepared to even try and do well, you want the game changed to save you the effort of actually having to do anything

looking at your stats on forge-db shows that neither of you have progressed much score-wise or done many battles
yet you feel that you should have all the benefits for nothing

look at the top players on the worlds you play in and see how many battles they have done - and think about the enormous resources it has taken to achieve what has been achieved - that didn't happen overnight , it took a lot of time , effort and planning

DeletedUser103370

anyone can use any feature of the game

anyone can get to high position in the game - lots of people have

i'm not crying at all - but you seem incapable of grasping hard work = benefits

you are not prepared to even try and do well, you want the game changed to save you the effort of actually having to do anything

looking at your stats on forge-db shows that neither of you have progressed much score-wise or done many battles
yet you feel that you should have all the benefits for nothing

look at the top players on the worlds you play in and see how many battles they have done - and think about the enormous resources it has taken to achieve what has been achieved - that didn't happen overnight , it took a lot of time , effort and planning

Anyone can use it, but in reality only a few because they are able to dominate and sqeeze out everyone else.
You seem incapable of grasping the idea of making the feature more enjoyable for a more diverse mix of guilds.
GVG maps are controlled by guilds, not individuals. Therefore hard work <> benefits in this sense, since you're guild need to be one of the strongest to be able to be there. Naturally not everyone can be in the top guilds, which means those who are not, won't be able to compete.
We want the game changed, to make it more accessible to more guilds.
You can look my stats as much as you want, since I already told you that I personally don't give a damn about the AA map, what concerns me is the unbalanced layout of part of the game.
You're fighting in your own interest only, ignoring everyone else, I'm fighting for the interest of many (not even including myself).

DeletedUser108688

Thanks Overtype, with 50 sectors on the AA map your self preserving opinion is to be expected. It's pretty obvious that players from the guilds that benefit from this cost imbalance are going to defend it.

DeletedUser103370

Thanks Overtype, with 50 sectors on the AA map your self preserving opinion is to be expected. It's pretty obvious that players from the guilds that benefit from this cost imbalance are going to defend it.

Yeah, exactly because of this we need server-wide polls!
You can be pretty sure, that we would have a very different result, if more people were involved.