• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Including more terrain types on the battle maps

• Thread starter DeletedUser2989
  • Start date

Including more terrain types on the GE battle maps

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2989

Proposal: In the guild expeditions I've noticed (at least in OF) that terrain like encampments and barbed wire don't spawn on the maps.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea? Yes, the search function didn't find anything similar.

Reason: There are units in the higher ages that have bonuses associated with specific terrain types that are not frequently appearing on the battle maps for GE. It would be nice if they could be added to open up some more strategy options or even to add some unusual obstacles (such as trenches that future era tanks typically wouldn't see)

Details: There is very little detail. If there are units in your age, the age below and the age above that have bonuses to use specific types of terrain they should be appearing in the GE battle maps. The main thing that has stuck out to me and prompted this idea though is the lack of encampments and the number of OF units that can get a boost from the terrain.

Visual Aids: I feel like the description above is straight forward enough.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Battle fields will need to be balanced so that not too many of the other terrain types are added, but that kind of design consideration will need to be made on a map by map basis.

DeletedUser2989

I'm more than happy if others wish to share their experience of the GE battle maps from any age where new terrain types were added (I think trenches started in PE?). Unfortunately I am only one person with limited resources, so any ideas I come up with will have to be based on my own experience.

Oh and I just realized I had to manually add a poll to the thread, I apologize as I haven't used this forum for a long time and things have changed a fair bit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.