• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inactive Players

DeletedUser111680

How about showing simply the followings in the friend/guild member/ neighbourhood list? It avoids discussions on the threshold who is active and who is not.

- last login date (time)
- last date (time) of aiding to my town
- last date (time) of visit to my tavern

DeletedUser111848

+1 I need this i hade 2 inactive players in my Guild and i only had about 4 total memebres

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
+1 I need this i hade 2 inactive players in my Guild and i only had about 4 total memebres

If you are the Guild Founder, Leader...then you cann se the inactive players: Global - Your Guild - Member

I think, that inno not want to see, who is active and who is not, because of plundering and to see how many players are realy not playing ewery day.

But if one player are not playing and i plunder one building, that building cannot be plundered anymore until he collect, so no problem with that :)

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1 for the basic idea.

Long time inactives gets annoying for the very active players and only very few players have the courtesy to write on their profile if they are away for a longer period of time of if they have choosen to quit the game.

Someone suggested about 2 month of inactivity - that seams like a fair time if a player has not played once in 60 days.

A few ideas:
- Perhaps a simple small red · dot could be shown on the player icon, for longer term inactivity. Goes aways when the player revisits.
- Perhaps two special Icons could be made for the Achievements Icons - adding a Temporary Away and a Inactive.
That would make it easier for the player to show their status and visually easy to check/see for the players visiting.

I have played this game for years now and often I write players on freind lists and ask if they still are active - That is seldomly answered.
Either the player has quit or is temporary inactive for RL or the player might simply have missed the message, due to the rather short post thread window.
In either case that sort of micro management with an already click heavy game is not really optimal.

I do understand that showing inactive players might send the wrong signal about the games popularity, but it must possible to find a mendable way for this.
I am sure that the devs has good stats on entry level players vs medium and top end players. Adjusting the Inactive Time Perimeter for the various player segments/types could help manage this challenge in a way that FoE does not scare new members away, while at the same time not making "old" players annoyed about managin inactive players.

Agent327

Overlord
It already works as Test Ament describes, so most of these ideas suggest a system that is already in place. To add to that, inacive accounts do get deleted, unless there are diamonds on them.

Furthermore, you can not shpow player activity in the game. That would be a sure giveaway to attack and plunder.

Vesiger

Monarch
inacive accounts do get deleted, unless there are diamonds on them.
Only accounts below a certain level. (And almost all accounts of a higher level will tend to have some diamonds on them, anyway.)

To be honest, if a player has been inactive for over 60 days I imagine being plundered is probably the least of his ongoing worries...