• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inactive Players

DeletedUser111502

There seems to be a vast amount of inactive players. In Jaims alone there are over 16,000 inactive players which accounts for approximately 80% of all users. Is there any way a holding area for dormant accounts can be made and thus the players get removed from their neighbourhoods? If they log back in then the account could be re-activated. Other platforms already benefit from this feature. Week after week I am placed in neighbourhoods with about 10 active players and the rest are just dormant accounts.

Negatives of current format:
- No aiding
- No fighting
- No interaction
- My city is rarely challenged

Positives to new idea:
- More aiding
- More fighting
- Competition
- Interaction (I've recruited many guild members from previous active hoods)

I personally would be significantly happier if I was in a smaller and significantly more active world than a large one full of dead accounts.

The whole 80 friend invites limit has been talked about repeatedly in the forum but I also strongly feel that this is a real issue in the game. More and more players are getting more and more SoKs and other special builds that need daily polivation. Due to such high inactivity levels and the friend invitation limits the game is becoming less and less enjoyable. This could become a vicious circle because more players will potentially just leave through frustration and play other rival games which magnifies the problem further and accelerates a potential demise.

These 2 points are both ones that I strongly feel are success factors in the games survival, user growth and user retention. Through multiple conversations with many players there is definitely a sense of growing frustration at the lack of being listened to. Listen to your customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 I believe inactive players may already be hidden in neighbourhoods after a certain length of time (although I don't know how long that is) but certainly the limit on adding friends needs to be looked at. It's stupid that if two higher level players with almost full friends lists, can't be friends unless one of them drops 60 people first. A holding area for dormant accounts would also be great, as long as any small donations I had in their GB's disappeared from my Contributions list, I'm tired of seeing those when the players have not played in over 2 years.. maybe even 3.

DeletedUser110117

+1 and to make it even better for us actives how about the ability to have like a random attack a day on an inactive to be able to loot from them. In looting I think you should get maybe 3 things as a reward from the following things, goods X20 of their age, supplies, coins, medals based on the attackers age, fps, and possibly blueprints of great buildings they have. The coins and blueprints need to be the lowest say 5% since if they were active you have 100% of coins and low chance of bps. Forge points random 1-10 qty 10%. Give supplies a 20% chance.Goods you could plunder possibly so maybe 30%, and medals a nice 35%.

DeletedUser96901

Is there any way a holding area for dormant accounts can be made and thus the players get removed from their neighbourhoods? If they log back in then the account could be re-activated.
that already happens

inactive players get removed from their hoods and be put back (maybe in another hood) if they become active again

so this idea is obsolete

eek after week I am placed in neighbourhoods with about 10 active players and the rest are just dormant accounts.
no they aren't dormant
or they would already be removed if they are really inactive

those players log in at least once a week

BUT to tag one player to be inactive must take a while..like 6 month or 1 year
actually the time currently is 7 DAYS

after that they get removed from the neighborhood

that's a very long time. I think that 2 months is very reasonable. It takes seconds to log in.
isn't 7 days much better ?

+1 its a good idea i have more than 20 inactive in my hood..
no they aren't really inactive for more than 7 days

btw how do you guys know who is inactive ?
on my side worlds I only collect my wishing wells
am I inactive ? no. does it look for other that I am inactive: yes

so only because you think players are inactive they aren't

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
that already happens

inactive players get removed from their hoods and be put back (maybe in another hood) if they become active again

Ok, and how we know that this is true? No offense but i must ask that. Do you have some proofe? :)

DeletedUser96901

lol
are you kidding ?

the people here pretend to know that there are inactive players in their neighborhoods
(really inactive = more than 7 days not logged in)

Do you have some proofe? :)
the mod who will mark it accordingly will be proof enough :lol:

I personally would be significantly happier if I was in a smaller and significantly more active world than a large one full of dead accounts.
that is true

but the problem are not the inactive/dead accounts. because they are already removed from the neighborhood after one week

the real problem is that players can farm other worlds to get diamonds for their main world
so have a city on every server. login, collect, logout

one solution to get rid of that situation would be my idea:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...perate-diamonds-counter-for-each-world.32231/
with that players can't get an advantage for their main world with farming their hundreds of wishing wells on all other worlds
so they would stop play their diamond farms and then neighborhoods would get more active with real players

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
lol
are you kidding ?

the people here pretend to know that there are inactive players in their neighborhoods
(really inactive = more than 7 days not logged in)

the mod who will mark it accordingly will be proof enough :lol:

Hehe. but if i told you the same, would you believe me to that word? I think not ;)

But 7 days are to quick. And the new hood even not change always in the 7 days...so that means that if not change all players in the current hood are active more that 7 days?

the real problem is that players can farm other worlds to get diamonds for their main world
so have a city on every server. login, collect, logout

with that players can't get an advantage for their main world with farming their hundreds of wishing wells on all other worlds
so they would stop play their diamond farms and then neighborhoods would get more active with real players

Can you tell us why farming only wishing wells on other accounts? They not produce diamonds...

DeletedUser96901

Can you tell us why farming only wishing wells on other accounts? They not produce diamonds...
they do produce diamonds
in 1%

with enough worlds and wishing wells you get a nice number of diamonds each week

But 7 days are to quick. And the new hood even not change always in the 7 days...so that means that if not change all players in the current hood are active more that 7 days?
being inactive and neighborhood change are 2 different things

inactive players will be removed from the hood after 7 days. best way to see it start a new world and play it for 2 weeks. then you will see your neighborhood will get smaller and smaller after the first week

and now the neighborhood change after 2 weeks
there you will get different neighbors (which then can disappear and the hood gets smaller again) and number will be near 80

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Hm, i am not know that, because not get diamonds from wishing wells yet. Tnx for the info.

Now i have 75 players in my hood and really not 80, interesting. I will be checking that. I thought that maybe when refreshing the hood then are those inactive players removed, and always staying 80 players in it (that will be more logic) but you say after 7 days, ok.

And if this is true what you saying then if i start a new city, and not playing 7 days, and login in the 8 day, then i will be put in the same hood, thats why are less players and not permanent 80, right? :)

DeletedUser111502

that already happens

so this idea is obsolete

no they aren't dormant
or they would already be removed if they are really inactive

those players log in at least once a week

after that they get removed from the neighborhood

isn't 7 days much better ?

no they aren't really inactive for more than 7 days

Where is this information published?

Hmm, it's probably not published anywhere (except in some dark far-flung corner of the forum).

There needs to be a comprehensive FAQ, Rules and Guidelines in the actual game somewhere. Expecting all players to be forum members is ridiculous.

DeletedUser111351

Well, I'm sure the game tracks amount of time logged in as well as whether or not someone logs in. The game could have tiered neighborhoods. Those with 1 minute to 1 hours of login per week go in the lowest tier. One hour to 5 hours goes in tier 2. Anyone with more than 5 hours is considered fully active and goes in the highest tier.

I just pulled those hour breakdowns out of nowhere. Number of tiers and actual breakdown could be anything. I'm just saying those that log in for 5 seconds a day to collect a pile of wishing wells could be relegated to some slum province.

A few people trying to actively play but just not having much free time could be hurt by this. But really, if you hardly spend any time in the game, you aren't likely doing a lot of neighborhood interaction anyway (and it isn't like it would be difficult to increase log in time).

DeletedUser111502

Well, I'm sure the game tracks amount of time logged in as well as whether or not someone logs in. The game could have tiered neighborhoods. Those with 1 minute to 1 hours of login per week go in the lowest tier. One hour to 5 hours goes in tier 2. Anyone with more than 5 hours is considered fully active and goes in the highest tier.

I just pulled those hour breakdowns out of nowhere. Number of tiers and actual breakdown could be anything. I'm just saying those that log in for 5 seconds a day to collect a pile of wishing wells could be relegated to some slum province.

A few people trying to actively play but just not having much free time could be hurt by this. But really, if you hardly spend any time in the game, you aren't likely doing a lot of neighborhood interaction anyway (and it isn't like it would be difficult to increase log in time).

I really like this idea. Aggregated hoods based upon activity levels. Would be fairly easy to integrate to code too. Bravo.

DeletedUser107481

+1 to Tacticus' idea
+1 to One2Rule' idea (why are you not the game designer/developer?)

DeletedUser6065

'Where is this information published?

Hmm, it's probably not published anywhere (except in some dark far-flung corner of the forum). . . . . Expecting all players to be forum members is ridiculous.'
A. Yes, that is exactly where the information is. Many times a person needs to be a long standing Forger w/a good memory to dig up these tidbits.
B. There are many things about this game that are ridiculous.
. . . mk

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
It is interesting, that some players in the hood are actually changing between 2 week hood cycling time. If AID all players then you se, that you can aid some players befor 24h, because this players are new in the hood.

But in the hood are not 80 players, but 75 players, and this number are not change....but this is also interesting, from where are coming this players? Or this 2 week hood cycling are not happen in the same time for all players on the server/world, and thats the reason of players changing all the time.