• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inactive players indicator next to avatar picture.

DeletedUser

Reason:If there was an indicator next to the players avatar picture it would make it much easier to remove inactive players from the guild and especially to a friends list in particular. I have a full friends list and I have to message individuals to see if they are still active which is very time consuming indeed not to mention inefficient. I haven't seen any other posts similar to this thus far but if I have overlooked any please let me know.

Details:There is a dot on the avatar which doesn't seem to be actively used for anything at all, could this be activated for this role? I have attached a visual aid to help with this

Visual Aids: Visual aid.png

Balance:N/A

Abuse Prevention:N/A

Summary: This couldn't be used for abuse at all it would simply enhance the game experience considerably, I know that there has been an indicator made in the guild information screen but this doesn't help with friends list in any way. My proposal would help with both friends lists and guilds members list too as players would see indications of inactivity much sooner.

Thanks,

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

Personally I don't like the idea of people knowing about my activities too much. I understand it is important for guild leaders and don't have a problem with that, but I would not like to have all the random people on my friends list knowing every time I take a weekend / week off..
I suppose a way around if this would be implemented would be to just have no friends, but that's a bit limiting..
About that button, Im pretty sure there is a plan for it since it's been put there. We just don't know what yet :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser4089

There was a plan for that little box/button/dot, I'm not sure if it's been scrapped completely or just postponed.

There's already an activity indicator for Guild Leaders to see who's been active recently, allowing them to keep track of inactives. There have been a few ideas before for activity/online status, with mixed receptions.

DeletedUser

Personally I don't like the idea of people knowing about my activities too much. I understand it is important for guild leaders and don't have a problem with that, but I would not like to have all the random people on my friends list knowing every time I take a weekend / week off..
I suppose a way around if this would be implemented would be to just have no friends, but that's a bit limiting..
About that button, Im pretty sure there is a plan for it since it's been put there. We just don't know what yet :)

~Mutzena~

The reason for my changes are as follows;

Since the recent update we are now able to polish/motivate and support friends great Buildings which is great. However in order to ensure that you are getting maximum support you need to make your sure that your friends list is active.
In addition since the change I use my friends list as an extension to my guild and sort of use it as a waiting list of players awaiting a place within my guild. In Greifental I haven't got a sister guild as others in other world sometimes have so rely upon my friends list more than others.
This idea is not for the purpose of spying on a players activity in the game, not at all. The idea is simply for the purpose of ensuring that players who are in a players friends list can be replaced quickly and efficiently.
Players often have to wait a considerable amount of time to join my guild in Greifental as demand is very high due to our great success thus far. By the time I get around to offering them a place they often appear as though they have gone inactive. In order to determine if they are indeed still active and interested in joining the guild i have to message them and await a reply. this is very time consuming especially as I have to provide a reasonable amount of time for them to reply. If say the first 4 players that I contact on my friends list are inactive this could take 5 days for me to replace an inactive player within the guild if I ask for them to reply within 24 hours.
I know that a sister guild would fix this issue but that requires a great deal of work to undertake effectively and i really don't want to go down that route on this world if i can help it. I want this guild in Greifental to be strong and to grow it's rating without taking players from a sister guild. Other 'The fair Traders' guilds don't use sister guilds as feeder guilds for the higher ranked guild so to be honest following suit with the guilds traditions this is not a solution to my problem.
A display for 7 days activity would be sufficient not a 2 day indication as that would as Mutzena has pointed out only be an indiction of perhaps weekend work or leisure commitments.
~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

+1/2 because the idea has merit but I would want to see a slightly different version:

I don't really care if the people on my friends list are active, I care if they are actively mot/pol me. So the computer could take the info I already know (If I cared to read through 38 pages of Event List) and turn on the display indicator you mention if they have not actively mot/pol ME in the last 7 days.

DeletedUser4401

I had this exact same idea some time ago now, shortly after joining FT2 i think and helping out Mutzena in leadership, i created a post but im sure i didnt post it as i found very similar ideas already in the ideas section, and as Bartimaeus46 has said it is possibly already in the pipe line to be implemented or maybe has been scrapped !!

As Mutzena has said i dont like the idea of other players, not so much our guild members but neighbors and especially people competing in pvp tournaments knowing your status, as it will give them a much better idea as to your production status and when it may be best to plunder your goods etc.. as we have a section in our forums that tells guild members when we are on or offline that should be sufficient, i know when i was in FT2 other guild members obviously take note of who is more active than others as i often got messages asking "are you aware that xxxx player has been inactive for a number of days" as we can now see this in the guild members list i feel as it should stay for " guild only " access as it may start a free for all with other guild members sending messages asking why a certain player has been inactive and why havnt you polished/motivated.

I have already had a problem with a new member of FT3 sending messages to other guild members and other guilds that only came to my attention when a player messaged me to ask why was this member of FT3 sending warning or invite messages when he wasnt part of the leadership team.

Sorry im going off topic, anyhow, although i dont want you to feel im disagreeing with you i think there is already enough means of seeing other players activity, for the leaders anyway, another way would be to create a members list in our forums and update it say every other day as to thier activity, that way all guild members could see who are the more active players for polishing/motivating purposes.

Best Regards
MAL :D

DeletedUser

+1/2 because the idea has merit but I would want to see a slightly different version:

I don't really care if the people on my friends list are active, I care if they are actively mot/pol me. So the computer could take the info I already know (If I cared to read through 38 pages of Event List) and turn on the display indicator you mention if they have not actively mot/pol ME in the last 7 days.

This. Now thats a twist to the idea I could give my full support :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

As Mutzena has said i dont like the idea of other players, not so much our guild members but neighbors and especially people competing in pvp tournaments knowing your status, as it will give them a much better idea as to your production status and when it may be best to plunder your goods etc.. as we have a section in our forums that tells guild members when we are on or offline that should be sufficient, i know when i was in FT2 other guild members obviously take note of who is more active than others as i often got messages asking "are you aware that xxxx player has been inactive for a number of days" as we can now see this in the guild members list i feel as it should stay for " guild only " access as it may start a free for all with other guild members sending messages asking why a certain player has been inactive and why havnt you polished/motivated.

Thanks MAL1701 for your comments they are appreciated, I would like to pointa out that this indicator I didn't make all that clear doesn't really need to be disclosed to everyone it could be simply only seen by the person(s) who they are friends with and fellow guild allies. This indicator wouldn't display anything in regards being online or offline. I am proposing that the indicator be used to let guild members and guild leaders determine if a player has indeed stopped playing. If a member of a guild or a friend has stopped playing then there is no real need for them to remain in your friends list or guild. So the need to know when you can remove them is essential in this game and as yet don't see any real solution to this problem with regards to friends list at all. The guild members issue has been addressed when you go to your guild information section it does indicate 2 days inactivity and 7 days or more inactivity and that is awesome. The friends list problem still needs to be addressed and that is why I have proposed my idea.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser

Whilst I agree with your proposal that something could be done to make it easier to see if someone has polished/motivated your city this doesn't address the issue that I have presented here. I do agree that it would be great if an indicator were displayed for polish/motivation activity other than having to check the recent activity screen and scrolling through players names.

I do understand that you don't care if your friends list members are active or not but my idea would solve your predicament would it not, if a player were indicated as inactive for say 2~7 days plus. If the indication were implemented and indeed a player showed as having been inactive for 2 days then it would be obvious that they haven't polished or motivated you in the past 2 days wouldn't it. At least it would solve 50% of your issue as active players who haven't polished/motivated you would still remain undetected.

~ddrd1981