• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inactive Friends

• Thread starter DeletedUser109310
  • Start date

DeletedUser109310

Proposal
Have inactive indicators on friends in the friends tab in same style as guild player activity. Eg. yellow for inactivity over a week and red for over two weeks, and black for over a month.

Reason
Just to remove those who are inactive from friends list, and help support new active players.

Details
Just like guild members have inactivity indicators, so should friends list, as the friend list can become quite large.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
The change would keep the majority of play between active players, and help to separate the idle accounts.

But I'm sure the same negative nellies will post their opinions to unbalance the idea if it affects their personal gameplay style. ;)

DeletedUser96901

aid them via townhall
all who aren't aided are inactive and gets kicked

problem solved

But I'm sure the same negative nellies will post their opinions
sure you want that we reply because you are talking to us directly :lol:

it affects their personal gameplay style
maybe you adapt your gameplay style to how the game is and not to how you want that the game is :lol:

DeletedUser914

You can also do a research in forgedb. 2 months no points gain means not active.

DeletedUser109310

aid them via townhall
all who aren't aided are inactive and gets kicked

problem solved

sure you want that we reply because you are talking to us directly :lol:

maybe you adapt your gameplay style to how the game is and not to how you want that the game is :lol:

No, this forum is like aged cheese......once you remove the inevitable mold (negative comments) you are left with fine dining (improvements). ;)

-1, I've had no issues with inactive friends since the aid filters came into play. It's extremely easy to see who is not returning aid.
Also, I believe this has been proposed before: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...layer-inactivity-on-avatar.31319/#post-189304

Maybe you have no friends, or not enough to have the problem. ;)

You can also do a research in forgedb. 2 months no points gain means not active.

I would prefer to play the game and have active friends rather than just "research" and wait 2 months. ;)

DeletedUser

Maybe you have no friends, or not enough to have the problem. ;)
Maybe you don't have the intelligence to use the aid filters.
Don't propose ideas if you can't handle negative feedback and react childishly. Grow up.
May have been, but similar is not exactly. ;)
Perhaps @SFM-ByeOrDie can decide if this should be marked as Already Suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106696

Just AID from the event log once or twice a week and ditch those that didn't aid you.
If your "solution" was implemented, you'd keep all those folks that log on every day without AIDing you. Where's the point in that?

And yes, exactly the same proposal was made very recently.

DeletedUser914

I would prefer to play the game and have active friends rather than just "research" and wait 2 months. ;)
People go on vacation, if you remove them from friendlist quickly, you don't have many left.

DeletedUser109310

People go on vacation, if you remove them from friendlist quickly, you don't have many left.

Which is why I posted my suggestion in the first place. Rather that keeping track of 80 friends in the message centre or delete based on missed aiding, all one would have to do is look for the inactive colours on their friends profile in the friends list. Usually if a player is inactive for longer than a month then they are gone forever. But the thinking by the "negative Nellies" on this thread would only lead to what you have suggested, the accidental deletion of vacationing or busy friends. Not everyone spends 24hr/day to track friends they really don't know. ;)

My suggestion would provide the opportunity to notice quickly and message friend should they be inactive longer than 2 weeks, and one could delete if inactive longer than a month without the wasting of personal time "waiting for the aid response".

My suggestion isn't for the personal gain of more "aiding" but more for the quick removal of long term inactive accounts.

Let's be honest here though, the only "ideas" that receive +1 are from those 6-7 Negative nelly groupies that negative comment everyone's but their own. ;)

BTW: My bad........I understood when I was to check if already suggested, I believed if a topic was not in the "do not suggest" thread, and my "search" on the subject showed no results within the last 6 months, then it was open game on the topic.

I just noticed one which was started 8 months ago similar to this (because someone just replied to it).....well, sorry to the whiners, but it can be easily remedied by combining the threads as there are only two, delete the multiple similar comments, and carry on.

DeletedUser

well, sorry to the whiners, but it can be easily remedied by combining the threads as there are only two, delete the multiple similar comments, and carry on.
Well not really, as it creates extra work for the forum mods (of which there is only one at present). Generally much easier and cleaner to lend support to a pre-existing idea if yours has already been suggested.

DeletedUser109310

Well not really, as it creates extra work for the forum mods (of which there is only one at present). Generally much easier and cleaner to lend support to a pre-existing idea if yours has already been suggested.

Well really, and that goes back to........"I believed if a topic was not in the "do not suggest" thread, and my "search" on the subject showed no results within the last 6 months, then it was open game on the topic." So the effort was made on my part. Besides similar ideas should be combined when possible as they may be better as one than two ideas separated 8 months apart. ;)

DeletedUser7719

Well really, and that goes back to........"I believed if a topic was not in the "do not suggest" thread, and my "search" on the subject showed no results within the last 6 months, then it was open game on the topic." So the effort was made on my part. Besides similar ideas should be combined when possible as they may be better as one than two ideas separated 8 months apart. ;)
The issue with merging the threads are that there are posters who commented in both threads, which makes it complicated when counting the +1's and -1's to avoid those duplicates. Also, merging the two together will order the posts by the dates they were posted, so if both threads are active, you will see a mix of replies in the merged thread making it confusing for others reading it.

Vesiger

Monarch
The latter's probably not an issue where new threads duplicating old threads are concerned... but I agree that it's more useful to reinforce an old idea than start up a new one.
Especially as you may benefit from +1s from several years ago from people no longer present in the forum :P

DeletedUser109310

The issue with merging the threads are that there are posters who commented in both threads, which makes it complicated when counting the +1's and -1's to avoid those duplicates. Also, merging the two together will order the posts by the dates they were posted, so if both threads are active, you will see a mix of replies in the merged thread making it confusing for others reading it.

If you are going to archive a thread......archive the 8+ month old dead thread, not the active one...... 8-)

All that you are doing is showing this section is not taken serious, or run very well.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
+1

Nice Idea. You simply cannot know who is active and who not. With this simply color change their names who is not active let say 1 month (not 1 or 2 weeks, its to short time), you can simply choose who to kick from Friends list, because they are not playing anymore, and you Aiding him for nothing.

Aiding via Town hall supporters flaws (on PC):
- cannot aid ALL your Friends (only who aided you this or few days earlier)
- cannot AID and Visit Tavern at the same time
- its so much slower
- Visit Tavern icon in the Town hall are not know the free seats or. who can you visit (this was fixed in the Friends bar, thanks to that!)
- more that 50% Friends are Aiding and Visit Tavern from the Friends list and not from Town hall (you can see that if you have Aid and Visit at the same time in Event History)

In this thread are nicer and better suggest of the same Idea.
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/friend-inactivity-indicator.33871/#post-225955

DeletedUser111351

+1
People have commented how activity can be tracked over the short haul with Aid in the event history. The thing is, Aid isn't what I care about from my friends. Sure, if they aid me that is all to the good, but I get aid from my guild and from the neighborhood. Plus, if I don't have a build heavy in specialty buildings requiring aid to give additional rewards, aid doesn't provide me enough reward to mind if people skip it quite frequently.

The purpose of friends is for the tavern. That is the only element in-game solely relegated to friends. Even if all a friend ever does is empty their own tavern and never visits or aids me, this still provides me with the possibility for daily silver and forge points. There is no current way short of manually tracking outside of the game every entry in my friends list for this activity. (and yes, I know I have people in my friends' list currently that actively do tavern but not aid)

Would marking long time inactive players as such allow me to eliminate everyone from my friends list that I don't want? No. But it would call out people that I absolutely do want to remove.

A number of people seem to have negatived this idea simply because they've found a filter that is "good enough for them." Does using the event history aid technique remove all the people that would be found by marking people as inactive? Yes. But it also can remove many additional people. Just because you are fine with removing any number of false positives doesn't mean all of us should be.

I've yet to hear anyone give a reason why/how having such an indicator would actually be negative for the game or their play experience. If anyone has an actual reason why this would be bad, by all means share.