• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

In-Game Notes and Notepad

• Thread starter DeletedUser117361
  • Start date

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser117361

Proposal:
A list of user created notes, preferably with selectable priority.

Reason:

In order to get organized for the various in-game activities and future planning I use tons of various notes stored in a folder as text files.

I simply cannot hold everything I plant on doing in the game in my head and so I need notes,
a lot of notes for various things related to what I want to do in the game.

These are stored on one computer and it would be convenient to have them in the game directly,
as when I switch places and devices/computers on which I play I don't have them with me.

The note files I keep get exclamation marks before them so they are sorted according to what I currently find to be most important.
A similar way of assigning a priority to a note should exist as well.

This is essentially a primitive ToDo/Organizer that should exist in the game.
It would store just plain text notes, perhaps of some reasonably limited length to save on server storage space.

Details:
There would be one new button to bring up a main Notes list window
which would contain all the notes listed with their titles and according to their priority.

This window would also have a new note button that would bring up a notepad like window
where notes could be created which would then show up in the list.

The new note window should allow to input the note's title, priority and text.

A back to list button should be provided either in the top left corner of this window or next to the Save button on the bottom.
The close button on the note editing window should most likely close both the editing window and the note list window behind it
so a direct exit from the notes area is possible.

Each note in the list would also have a delete button to delete the note.

See attached concept pictures.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
None needed.

Attachments

• notepad-concept-01.png
    notepad-concept-01.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 151
  • notepad-editing-concept-01.png
    notepad-editing-concept-01.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

-1 note apps already exist. Do not want Inno wasting time duplicating stuff that already exists and isn't a must have in-game.

DeletedUser117361

Stuffing notes into the already overcrowded message center is a phenomenally bad idea, especially when one has a lot of active messages or is in a very active guild. Such "notes" get buried so deep down the message center not even the devil would find them as they indeed end up beyond the 9th circle of hell...

Twisting the use of chat to personal group messages to one self or using deleted messages for this purpose shows that there is actually a need for this.

But maybe the interface for the list of notes can actually be shoved into yet another tab in the message center as there is really no good space in the UI for a new notes button and thematically it is somewhat within that space of the UI.

Agent327

Overlord
I simply cannot hold everything I plant on doing in the game in my head and so I need notes,
a lot of notes for various things related to what I want to do in the game.

So you make your problem everybody's problem and Inno needs to fix it.

These are stored on one computer and it would be convenient to have them in the game directly,
as when I switch places and devices/computers on which I play I don't have them with me.

Then store them where you have acces to them with every device. There are plenty of options.

This is essentially a primitive ToDo/Organizer that should exist in the game.

No it doesn't. I can play the game without it.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Its and okay feature, but a general revamp and update to the message system would be a much higher priority over a build-in note pad IMO.
– also at some point when a player have played long enough all the notes are mostly not needed anymore.

DeletedUser12400

It's been suggested numerous times. I don't mind the idea but I personally don't think it's necessary. If you use different devices then you can try to use organizer e.g. "OneNote" or "Google Docs" ect.

Shad23

Emperor
Proposal:
A list of user created notes, preferably with selectable priority.
i'd prefer that they'd work on the guild forum to make it so app players see it and add a way to place images in that forum so we could share info with hole guild without having to use an external site
1 image is worth 1000 words sometimes

Agent327

Overlord
It's been suggested numerous times. I don't mind the idea but I personally don't think it's necessary. If you use different devices then you can try to use organizer e.g. "OneNote" or "Google Docs" ect.

Not only suggested, but submitted as well.

Nothing happened aftr that. Should we come to a conclusion from this?

DeletedUser12400

Not only suggested, but submitted as well.

Nothing happened aftr that. Should we come to a conclusion from this?
The ideas which gets the votes to be pushed up to the team doesn't mean that they will be implemented.

Agent327

Overlord
The ideas which gets the votes to be pushed up to the team doesn't mean that they will be implemented.

Correct, but since they were not implemenmted and submitted years ago you could come to the conclusion that they never will be implemented.

Rather stupid to propose them again and again, don't you think?

DeletedUser12400

Correct, but since they were not implemenmted and submitted years ago you could come to the conclusion that they never will be implemented.

Rather stupid to propose them again and again, don't you think?
It's hard to tell but most likely not. I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.