• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Improving city defence?

• Thread starter DeletedUser17225
  • Start date

DeletedUser17225

Hello all, this is my first forum post so please be patient!
I need to know the best strategy for increasing the defence strength of my city, I am trying to improve my GBs but it is painfully slow.
Is there a "best" GB for city defence?
I try to maintain a strong enough army to defend but am often overwhelmed by rapacious players with superior technology and huge defensive numbers.
It's not a moan, just an inquiry!

The reality is that no matter what your defence someone will always be able to overrun you.

The best you can do is upgrade your GBs as much as possible and build ritual flames and watchfires in the hope that you do enough damage to the attacker that it puts them off coming back.

Put strong units in defence and don't use rogues

DeletedUser17225

The reality is that no matter what your defence someone will always be able to overrun you.

The best you can do is upgrade your GBs as much as possible and build ritual flames and watchfires in the hope that you do enough damage to the attacker that it puts them off coming back.

Thanks, that's what I expected. I would love to get a mass of watchfires but the opportunity seldom arises to acquire any. I am often amazed at the amount I see in other cities.

Thanks, that's what I expected. I would love to get a mass of watchfires but the opportunity seldom arises to acquire any. I am often amazed at the amount I see in other cities.
You can get them from GE. Do you have a ToR? It will drastically increase your chances of obtaining them but is still a slow process

DeletedUser

Hello all, this is my first forum post so please be patient!
I need to know the best strategy for increasing the defence strength of my city, I am trying to improve my GBs but it is painfully slow.
Is there a "best" GB for city defence?
I try to maintain a strong enough army to defend but am often overwhelmed by rapacious players with superior technology and huge defensive numbers.
It's not a moan, just an inquiry!

As I see it, especially because, from about the future era there is no ultimate full proof defense possible, if in any era, but more a matter of trying to vary your defensive troops after a wether or not successful attack to contradict your first army in hopes your neighbor will choose the “wrong” units to attack with.

In my opinion it is still good to have watchfires and probably basil Cathedral and when you can lay your hand on goods for the Terra-cotta Army, as it’s attack and defense, works for both your city army as wel as your own fighting power.

The Deal Castle is just very big and has a secondary bonus of little medals: I’d not go there.
Personally I always believed attacking is the best defense and as to avoid plundering vary your collecting time and making sure to be there in time.

In other words I would invest in boosing your own attack GB’s usually neighbors rather pick a weaker opponent.
Obviously this isn’t always the case but I think it helps a lot.
As attacker of my hood I feel provoked by strong city defenses as I see it as a challenge but that is probably not a very common reaction.

DeletedUser113901

Defense from a certain level is useless and just fun. Best def GBs are ToR (indirectly, it gives a lot of SSWs) and TA (boosts your def and your atk, if you can breach your plunderer's def usually they attack less). Trying to manage the problem directly with St Basil and DC will impact your economy the same way as being plundered. From a certain point you'll see only people who can breach you are pure fighters who are after the points and usually don't plunder. Anyway you'll always be breached by monsters with enormous combat boosts and units from above their age, but you can consider you've won if you get them to kill their unique troops and spend diams to make them revive.

DeletedUser100832

With city def, you either want to have it 200-300%+ or not bother with it. If you care about it, then you should be be able to accumulate enough watchfires, special buildings and other stuff to get quite high def. At those levels, you will start seriously damaging attacking armies, and they will soon give up.

PomPoms

Sergeant
I have 655% defense boost and still one guy gets through with units 2 eras above mine. I think he see's it as a challenge like Chillana above. He plunders too if he can....real annoying because almost no one else gets through! Working on my St Basil now to up my attack during defense (which is rubbish at the moment) and then will level up Deal too and also TA...