• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Improvement to MARKET PLACE, search by age of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckler

Private
Title: Improvement to MARKET PLACE, search by age of good.

Proposal:
In a few sentences, state the general concept of your idea.

When we search for a trade, we have 2 x pull-down menus. I can use the first one for OFFERS and see who is offering a specific product. And the 2nd one is for what people want.

Currently, I can only search for 1 product at a time.

I will like to search by the AGE of the product - EG, Progressive.

Reason:

Often I have multiple trades/combinations of trades up in the market and it will be easier to look for people offering or wanting all the products of a specific age.

It will bring up the list of all trades that are offering/wanting that age.

If I open the MARKET, under the top "TRADING" tab, I have 2 pull-down menus.

I use the pull-down menu & select COFFEE. It then refreshes the list and brings up all trades that are offering COFFEE.

I can then change that to Paper, porcelain, tar or wires to check the trades for the colonial age..

I need to check each good one at a time.

Details:

I suggest an option so we can check for the AGE of the goods. So, the pull-down menu will show:-

- Late Middle Age
Basalt
Brass
Gunpowder
Silk
Talc Powder
- Colonial Age
Coffee
Paper
Porcelain
Tar
Wires

So, now I can just select OFFERS of 'Colonial Age' and it will bring up any/all offers including all 5 of the colonial products.

Same with the WANTED. I could select all trade combinations offering Late Middle Age goods and wanting Colonial.

This Can also be added when I create an Offer. I offer goods on market in Colonial, wanting LMA goods, but don't care what goods I get.

Visual Aids:

N/A. (I'm bad at graphics) but hopefully, my explanation is enough.)

Balance:
Describe what impact this idea will have on other game features. Will it require adjustments or changes? If so, be specific.

I don't think it'll affect the game much except speed up some trades.

Abuse Prevention:
Does your proposal open up possible exploits or make it possible for players to cheat? If so, then how can this be addressed?

N/A - I don't see any exploits..

Summary:

Give a final wrap-up and list any questions you think may still need to be answered to improve your idea.

1) Any questions, please ask, i think the above is self-explanatory. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.