• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Improve for neighbors attacking on app

• Thread starter DeletedUser113235
  • Start date

DeletedUser113235

(Phone version)
This is very annoying,
Sometimes I just want to attack my neighbors (Quests, Events, Ranking points), and I don't want to plunder them.
After a successful attack I have 3 options to click on:
- "Go Plunder" to plunder the player
- "X" to close the interface
- Clicking outside of the interface

BUT ALL OF THEM DO THE SAME THING !
It sends me to the player city so I can plunder him - and wasting my time.
If I want to plunder then I click on "Go Plunder" button, otherwise I click the close button

FIX:
Clicking the "X" (close) button / Clicking outside of the popped interface will send me back to my city.

PC version is even worse.
It has only "OK" button and you can't click outside of the interface.

(Phone version)
This is very annoying,
Sometimes I just want to attack my neighbors (Quests, Events, Ranking points), and I don't want to plunder them.
After a successful attack I have 3 options to click on:
- "Go Plunder" to plunder the player
- "X" to close the interface
- Clicking outside of the interface

BUT ALL OF THEM DO THE SAME THING !
It sends me to the player city so I can plunder him - and wasting my time.
If I want to plunder then I click on "Go Plunder" button, otherwise I click the close button

FIX:
Clicking the "X" (close) button / Clicking outside of the popped interface will send me back to my city.

PC version is even worse.
It has only "OK" button and you can't click outside of the interface.
Why wouldn't you plunder them?

Just as I said:
I don't want
Not my purpose
Farming points
Takes a lot of time
I agree there should be an option to return straight to your city but if you've already invested time and troops to attack you may as well see if you can get any coins/supplies/goods or even fps.

No matter what level you are extra stuff is always welcome!

I don't always plunder but will always look to see if there's anything than can help me. Not interested in coins or supplies have too many as it is.

DeletedUser113235

I agree there should be an option to return straight to your city but if you've already invested time and troops to attack you may as well see if you can get any coins/supplies/goods or even fps.

No matter what level you are extra stuff is always welcome!

I don't always plunder but will always look to see if there's anything than can help me. Not interested in coins or supplies have too many as it is.

The UX is wrong.
What you guys missing is that I don't want to remove the plunder option.
But when I see "Close" so I expect to close it and don't do some kind of option that was offered to me.

Let's say you have Oven in your house, the options are - turn off and turn on.
When you turn off the oven you WANT that the oven will be off.

Same idea here.
Close should close and not do any other actions. Think about it.

Never said I was disagreeing with you, there should be the option but the devs probably just assume that if you're attacking the hood you're looking to plunder so no need to charge it

DeletedUser113235

Never said I was disagreeing with you, there should be the option but the devs probably just assume that if you're attacking the hood you're looking to plunder so no need to charge it

We should fill all the users needs.
Either remove the "Close" button (not suggested)
either make the "Close" button functional

DeletedUser108234

Yes, this needs to be improved! Loading other player city when you do not want to plunder is a waste of time (Not a nice player experience)

+1

A side note... when going through neighbor list, we see players that we have attacked and can plunder if we want to... BUT, why do we have to go to the player city to see if something can be plundered????
Why don't we have a plunder button/icon similar to the visit tavern icon? I mean, you already see, from the visit tavern button/icon, that you cannot visit (because full or still seating there)... should be the same for player you can or not plunder. (Dont want to waste time visiting cities where nothing can be plundered.)

DeletedUser112745

Has been suggested before, yes. I’m not a forum mod but I’m slightly sure making multiple threads for the same idea just make it more difficult to keep track of the votes and feedback.

Anyway, my vote is Neutral.
As far as I’m concerned, they deserve to be plundered for:
  • Injuring one of my troops
  • Having a poor defence
  • Having an illogical city layout
  • Not collecting awesome things on time
  • Just for making me visit their city after the attack, using 3 seconds of my attack boost time
;)
But there are pacifists in the game too who are attacking just for quests.

DeletedUser

As far as I’m concerned, they deserve to be plundered for:
  • Injuring one of my troops
  • Having a poor defence
  • Having an illogical city layout
  • Not collecting awesome things on time
  • Just for making me visit their city after the attack, using 3 seconds of my attack boost time
;)
But there are pacifists in the game too who are attacking just for quests.

Hahahaahah!
You’ve made my day with this ;)

Edit this has to be quoted in the plunder plunder pluner thread

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113901

I'm not attacking to plunder, plunder still, don't want to make mistakes and cast a -1 vote.

DeletedUser113235

Here is another way for you of thinking about my idea:

What would you expect when clicking the following "Close" button?
https://imgur.com/a/wyNx8YQ

I know your answer, that the poped out menu of the message thread (in this case the guild message center) will close.
But what is this "Close" button will move you to the city of the last player that write a message?
THIS WILL FREAK YOU OUT, mostly because of the time it takes to move from one city to another.

SAME FOR ATTACKING NEIGHBORS.

Phone version: https://imgur.com/a/LMjq5sD
Here you have 3 options:
"Go Plunder" button
"Close" button
Click outside of the menu
- All of them have the same functionality. Which is not what the user expects (the same principle with the message center example)

PC version: https://imgur.com/a/SGDLaf4
Here you don't have any option at all to return to your city - and forced to move to the neighbor city to plunder him.

THE SOLUTION:
So simple! 5 minutes of programming, worst case may be 15 minutes, but anyways.
Close button calls - Close Function
Go Plunder button calls - Plunder neighbor function

+
Add a close button to the PC version

posted it in the wrong thread accidentally

Agent327

Overlord
THE SOLUTION:
So simple! 5 minutes of programming, worst case may be 15 minutes, but anyways.
Close button calls - Close Function
Go Plunder button calls - Plunder neighbor function

+
Add a close button to the PC version

Well, go for it. Programm it and submit it to Inno. I am sure they will be very gratefull.

DeletedUser99588

Maybe the point is that the developers want you to plunder and that is why it works they way it does.