• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Improve "Battle Results" buttons in app version

Do you support this improvement idea?

• Total voters
I'm dragging you back in here LOL to read my edit in the original post. Didn't you know you had to press "a precise spot" on the browser?

Farti
True enough. In the browser game you have to click on the button. It doesn't work to click somewhere outside the window.
That's ok though, because the attack button is placed almost exactly where the OK button is placed after a battle. You don't have to move the mouse pointer much to start a new battle, and it makes speed fighting easy.
So, on the browser it's not possible to accidentally miss-click somewhere outside the window, and I kind of agree that it should be the same on mobile.

I would call that a really bad tip and a waste of diamonds. Kind of off topic though.
It's only a bad tip if you don't have many diamonds. When you have over 200 wishing wells/fountains of youth/hedge mazes like I do then it's a really good tip as once you've bought all the expansions, the diamonds just keep piling up lol.
Off topic yes, but some people think I need advice on how to spend them and play the game in general. I don't.

Farti

It's only a bad tip if you don't have many diamonds. When you have over 200 wishing wells/fountains of youth/hedge mazes like I do then it's a really good tip as once you've bought all the expansions, the diamonds just keep piling up lol.
Off topic yes, but some people think I need advice on how to spend them and play the game in general. I don't.

Farti
You called it a tip for "less knowledgeable, inexperienced players". They don't have diamond farms with 100's of WW's and FoY's and huge stocks of diamonds to spend on army healing.

i like that the game has moved on & its no longer necessary to zone in & hit specific buttons & dont want it changed for specific windows/buttons especially battle related 1s
I'm actually starting to doubt that people would use the sides of the screen to close this window. It's just not intuitive. My reasoning is that in two-stage battles, after battle 1, tapping this area (accidental or not) calls up the "Surrender" dialogue box, which can unnecessarily delay you even further. Everyone is used to having to tap the buttons provided after battle 1 in these two stagers. The buttons being :Heal, Auto Fight or Start Fight

Saying you like to tap a different area of the screen instead of the button provided seems counter-intuitive. If you do, then you do, and I'm not going to call you a liar LOL, I'm just questioning if you've actually taken notice of where you're accustomed to tapping in this scenario?

Farti

Knight of ICE

A word of advice. You are killing your own proposal. It really does not help to react to everything and to drive your own proposal off topic.

joesoap

Major-General
3+
I'm actually starting to doubt that people would use the sides of the screen to close this window. It's just not intuitive. My reasoning is that in two-stage battles, after battle 1, tapping this area (accidental or not) calls up the "Surrender" dialogue box, which can unnecessarily delay you even further. Everyone is used to having to tap the buttons provided after battle 1 in these two stagers. The buttons being :Heal, Auto Fight or Start Fight

Saying you like to tap a different area of the screen instead of the button provided seems counter-intuitive. If you do, then you do, and I'm not going to call you a liar LOL, I'm just questioning if you've actually taken notice of where you're accustomed to tapping in this scenario?

Farti
so if you dont think players are using anything other than the proper button then why is there the need to do away with the option

3+

so if you dont think players are using anything other than the proper button then why is there the need to do away with the option
Well the proposal came about due to accidentally touching that area of the screen on my phone. Not with my fingertip in some sort of a blind stab at the screen, but due to the way modern smartphones have a screen right to the edge, and the way the phone is held. It's so easy to do. I touched the screen basically with the fleshy part at the top of my index finger near the knuckle.

Farti

Correction: I likely did it with the underside of the middle finger. Something like this:
Image2.jpg

Or this:
Image1.jpg

Farti

Edit: BTW, I did try to take a picture on the actual results screen but I kept doing the accidental touch I mention so it was easier to just get a pic of a battle. Also updated OP with one of these pics for clarity

Last edited:
I really should have researched this a little more before the original post.

The same situation in the browser version forces you to click the specific button. The mouse "click anywhere" feature will not close the window. This is what I'm proposing the app version should be like.

I will edit OP to point this out.

Farti

The precise spot in the browser is convenient for the way input on a (non-touch screen) PC/Laptop works.
In fact the placement of this button and the heal all feature was recently the subject of a pretty significant uproar in the feedback section (and the wider forum, Facebook, YouTube, and in-game communities) when Inno edited the battle screen placing the 'heal all' button exactly where the mouse pointer would previously have perfectly aligned with both the 'auto battle' and the 'close results screen' buttons, which was one of the main appeals for rapid fighting on PC and was, as a result of changing the placement of the heal all button, turning into a lot of unnecessary diamond expenditures and loss of momentum for highly active fighters in the PC version.

The convenience factor of 'being able to click anywhere for expedience' doesn't apply on the PC because there is only one point of input.
You can't quickly tap with your left thumb so that you can keep your right thumb in position for your next move (as an example).
Moreover, as said in reference to recent changes and resulting uproar, the 'exact button one has to press on PC' has been placed so as to be convenient for an environment which uses this singly point of input (the mouse pointer).
On any smart device the user can 'tap anywhere' very quickly but most people require muscle memory for specific sequences of precise clicks. The more precise clicks a routine contains, the less likely people will truly master it or even bother trying and so the less likely people are to become effective speed fighters on a mobile device. Therefore, the larger the area for any tap, the better and the more different areas, even better as it then allows preferential routines for different dominant hands (another issue one does not have on PC where the dominant hand does -all- the clicks.

Now, so as not to restrict myself to raining on your parade...
One way that could potentially achieve what you want, without impeding the potential processing speed of everybody else, would be to approach the issue from a different angle altogether:

What if units that are killed in battle remain visible in the 8 unit 'active' army UNTIL they are removed/replaced/healed/another battle is commenced?
Instead of changing how the battle screen is closed, change the effect closing the battle results screen has on 'permanently losing killed units'
Make it so that when the battle screen is then re-opened, the 'heal all' button is provided and any 'dead' units are shown either in red (as they do in the battle results for the previous battle, where they were killed) or in 'grey hashes' or some other clear marking to show these units are 'dead' and therefore won't join battle if battle is started with the current line up.

There are then five options:
1) The user could then 'remove them from the line up', causing them to disappear;
2) The user could 'drag another unit into the line up', causing them to be 'replaced' or 'overwritten' in the active army and thus to disappear;
3) The user could 'heal specific units' causing those units to show fully healed in the line up (and able to be removed from the line up without being lost)' while allowing other damaged or killed units to be removed, replaced or ignored;
4) The user could 'heal all', replenishing the entire line up that was used in the previous battle; or
5) The user could 'go to battle' or 'auto battle', leaving damaged units damaged and causing 'dead' units to disappear.

Having this 'secondary opportunity' to heal your units would not impede in any way on the routine and battle speed of people who do not wish to use this feature. And to top it off, there could even be a 'no-heal/kill confirmation' tick box (similar to diamond spend confirmation), which a user who wants to use diamond healing can activate so that a THIRD opportunity (a warning pop up) is presented if that user tries to do any of the above options 1, 2, or 5 where that action would result in the permanent loss of a unit, providing far more of the 'loss prevention' you seem to want while not actually affecting anybody who has no interest in that protection.