• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Improve "Battle Results" buttons in app version

Do you support this improvement idea?

• Total voters
Proposal:
Make it so only the correct button press causes the desired action at the end of a battle, e.g: "Back to battleground" button. ONLY in this instance. In other areas of the game this "tap anywhere" feature works well.

EDIT: The browser version already does this, i.e, you must click the "OK" button to close the battle results window. Click anywhere on screen will not close the window.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
Yes, nothing found.

Reason:
On the app version, accidental touches of the screen anywhere outside the open window closes the window. This is the same as pressing the green "Back to Battleground" button and may be unintended. It denies the player the opportunity to diamond heal.

Details:
On the app, tapping outside of a window is a great shortcut most of the time and we are all used to it. Accidental touches generally are harmless, as they just close an open window.

However at the end of a battle, players may intend on diamond healing a prized unit, like their only champion or a unit from the age above etc, or just to get back into battle as soon as possible without having to reload injured/dead troops.

In this instance, an accidental touch outside the open window closes the window, effectively pressing the "Back to Battleground" button. Inno also miss a trick, preventing the player from spending diamonds.

This feature is already active in the browser version of the same window and in the app's Castle system windows - for example, when collecting daily, only the correct button press closes the window.

Modern smartphones with screens that run to the edge of the device and sometimes around the edge make this more common than some will realise.

Visual Aids:
In the below situation using the app, any touch in the red boxes is effectively pressing the green button.
Untitled.png

With modern phones it is very easy to accidentally touch these areas while holding the phone.
Wrong screen in this example but you get the idea:
Image2.jpg

The same window on the browser version: Clicking outside the window does nothing. The "OK" button must be clicked.
FE GbG.jpg

Castle system window example. It can only be closed by tapping the close button.
Screenshot_20220209-001345_Forge of Empires.jpg

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Not applicable.

If you disagree with the proposal please comment why.

Best regards,
Farti

Last edited:
I'm torn about this one. I understand what you're saying, but I fear implementing this would result in unnecessary slowdown of some of the most popular features of the game (i.e. everything battle related/competitive).
Personally, diamond healing is something I never do and therefore battle results screen specifically would only potentially be a nuisance

But I would like to see this for message screens (as well). Maybe 'if user has entered text, confirm closing window' The number of times I've made the mistake of trying to type out a long message on a mobile device and then at any point accidentally tapped outside the message screen, losing my 'draft' completely is pretty much the entire reason I now play from laptop as standard and only use the mobile app when really necessary.

But I would like to see this for message screens (as well). Maybe 'if user has entered text, confirm closing window' The number of times I've made the mistake of trying to type out a long message on a mobile device and then at any point accidentally tapped outside the message screen, losing my 'draft' completely is pretty much the entire reason I now play from laptop as standard and only use the mobile app when really necessary.
That's the same in the browser game. If you accidentally click outside the text box, you close the message window. Pretty annoying if you have typed in a long message.
Sometimes I use an external text editor for long messages and then copy/paste the text into the message center. A workaround that's possible on mobile as well, of course.

Really can't see how this would slow down anything battle related. This window is compulsory and the screen needs to be tapped (somewhere) to close it. What I'm asking for is that the "somewhere" becomes the actual button that is provided, not four different locations - the button, the X, the entire left side of the screen and the entire right side of the screen.

And yes, message closures are also annoying. Less likely on the browser though.

Farti

That's the same in the browser game. If you accidentally click outside the text box, you close the message window. Pretty annoying if you have typed in a long message.
Correct. But as Farticus says, less likely on the browser because the 'mouse click' and 'keyboard entry' are better separated.

What I'm asking for is that the "somewhere" becomes the actual button that is provided
Fair enough, but battle speed comes down to routine. Changing that routine has consequences, definitely short-term as people adapt, but most likely also long-term as the requirement for a far more 'precise' tap causes people to 'miss tap', thus slowing them down.

Essentially, you are asking for a change that offers 'additional consideration' to people who have gone well out of their way to obtain an advantage over other players in their current era. I don't think any change to support that advantage being maintained more easily is a good move.

In fact, specifically with regard to these rare/irreplaceable/future units, I would highly prefer a change that makes them less effective until the player researches the technology that unlocks that unit.
Having 'hover tanks' while in 'industrial era' makes absolutely no sense (and yes, it is fiction, but it is trying to be based on our history and possible future).
If by some freak event a person in 1700's Manchester had come across a hover tank (and managed to keep it powered up), there is no way they would have been able to utilise that vehicle with the same efficiency as the full trained operator of a deliberately manufactured hover tank 500 years or longer into the future. They would not be able to repair that hover tank either, at all, not even far slower than it actually heals currently.

Correct. But as Farticus says, less likely on the browser because the 'mouse click' and 'keyboard entry' are better separated.

Fair enough, but battle speed comes down to routine. Changing that routine has consequences, definitely short-term as people adapt, but most likely also long-term as the requirement for a far more 'precise' tap causes people to 'miss tap', thus slowing them down.

Essentially, you are asking for a change that offers 'additional consideration' to people who have gone well out of their way to obtain an advantage over other players in their current era. I don't think any change to support that advantage being maintained more easily is a good move.

In fact, specifically with regard to these rare/irreplaceable/future units, I would highly prefer a change that makes them less effective until the player researches the technology that unlocks that unit.
Having 'hover tanks' while in 'industrial era' makes absolutely no sense (and yes, it is fiction, but it is trying to be based on our history and possible future).
If by some freak event a person in 1700's Manchester had come across a hover tank (and managed to keep it powered up), there is no way they would have been able to utilise that vehicle with the same efficiency as the full trained operator of a deliberately manufactured hover tank 500 years or longer into the future. They would not be able to repair that hover tank either, at all, not even far slower than it actually heals currently.
You're running away totally off topic here. By this rationale Inno should prevent players building GBs from eras ahead too. That'll be a popular idea.

Anyway, back on topic. I do agree with your earlier concept idea for the messages. Once text is entered then to close the window should have a confirmation.

Farti

Last edited:
Really? How many seconds does it take for you to press "auto fight" or "start battle"?
Less than a second. Lol :lol: But it's "a little bit" easier and faster to press "anywhere" on a screen than at a precise spot.
I never play on mobile though. On PC it depends on where the mouse pointer is positioned. Do you have to move the pointer slightly, which may take a second or two, or is it positioned at exactly the same spot when you start and end a battle?
That was the problem with the "Heal all" button at first. They placed it where the "auto battle" button used to be, or very close to it at least. Players miss-clicked on "Heal all" and had to move the pointer a bit, which slowed down speed fighting.

Ok, back on topic then, reiterating the relevant point you elected to ignore.

'How much' or 'how frequently' this change slows people down or otherwise affects battle routine isn't really relevant in my opinion. Once is enough and 0.1 seconds is enough.
The onus of safeguarding these rare/irreplaceable units is on their owner, even the smallest imposition to the community 'at large' to facilitate that is, in my opinion, undesirable.

Ok, back on topic then, reiterating the relevant point you elected to ignore.

'How much' or 'how frequently' this change slows people down or otherwise affects battle routine isn't really relevant in my opinion. Once is enough and 0.1 seconds is enough.
The onus of safeguarding these rare/irreplaceable units is on their owner, even the smallest imposition to the community 'at large' to facilitate that is, in my opinion, undesirable.
You seem to be hung up on one aspect of this and miss the point of the proposition. There are plenty of people with champions they've won, but don't have a champion's retreat. Yes the onus is on the player to protect these champs. Inno have provided a diamond heal button for this, but an accidental touch across large areas of the screen denies the opportunity to use the heal button.
Why anyone would have a problem with having to press the provided button eludes me.

Farti

You seem to be hung up on one aspect of this and miss the point of the proposition.
You meanwhile are either a glutton for punishment stuck on wasting diamonds healing ordinary units, or you are trying to 'suggest' there is another sensible reason for wanting to diamond heal units after battle solely by pretending the stated reason isn't all there's to it... but then failing to elaborate what more there is to it.

Have you even considered that the button was there -before- the 'tap anywhere' possibility was implemented?
That the button has remained simply to avoid confusion among newer players who are unaware of the 'tap anywhere' option?
'Legacy' buttons that are hardly ever used anymore are quite a common occurrence in both this game and software in general. They serve as a 'reference to a possibility' rather than a 'this is where you must refer to for function XYZ'.
I'd even go so far as to say 98% of us consider the buttons for 'diamond healing' to be an obsolete remnant of an ancient past (and Inno knows this, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to draw attention back to it).

If you ask me, you'd be way better off paying diamonds to permanently increase unit production, rather than wasting them on healing units.
Sure, everybody is entitled to use their diamonds as they see fit, but if it is that important to you that you get to heal your units after battle, then surely it is important enough to adopt a routine that ensures you do not accidentally touch the wrong part of the screen.

In conclusion, I feel the issue you describe affects a tiny percentage of players (who are predominantly either not very knowledgeable as to efficient use of resources in this game or are relying on irreplaceable units to give them an advantage) and you are proposing a solution to that issue which would pose a very real risk of negatively impacting the enjoyment of the game for a significant percentage of (mobile) players.
So, it is a no from me.

Fair enough, but I wasn't asking for advice on how to spend diamonds. I'll spend thems as I see fit, and I never consider any of them wasted. For the less knowledgeable, inexperienced players, here's a tip: diamond healing after a battle gets you back into battle super quick as you don't have to reload injured units.

You've been going off in all sorts of tangents here and reading way too much into this, so to simplify:

In one of the screens in the game (app version) there are two buttons. Large areas of the screen are acting as one of those buttons. I merely propose to have the buttons be the buttons.

Farti

I really should have researched this a little more before the original post.

The same situation in the browser version forces you to click the specific button. The mouse "click anywhere" feature will not close the window. This is what I'm proposing the app version should be like.

I will edit OP to point this out.

Farti

Less than a second. Lol :lol: But it's "a little bit" easier and faster to press "anywhere" on a screen than at a precise spot.
I never play on mobile though. On PC it depends on where the mouse pointer is positioned. Do you have to move the pointer slightly, which may take a second or two, or is it positioned at exactly the same spot when you start and end a battle?
That was the problem with the "Heal all" button at first. They placed it where the "auto battle" button used to be, or very close to it at least. Players miss-clicked on "Heal all" and had to move the pointer a bit, which slowed down speed fighting.
I'm dragging you back in here LOL to read my edit in the original post. Didn't you know you had to press "a precise spot" on the browser?

Farti