• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Improve Arctic Orangery Bonus

DeletedUser96901

Proposal: Change bonus from "against same age" to "against same or higher age"

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: yes, not found

Reason: fights against higher aged units are more difficult than against same age. there you need this bonus even more than against same age.
and this bonus is also applied to the defense. but what brings this bonus if you get attacked from an enemy of a higher age ? nothing. the opponent is already stronger than you and you can't use your new bonus against him. doesn't sounds fair to me

Details: in fights the 50% more damage are only applied against units of the same age. with this idea it would also be applied to higher aged units.

Visual Aids: none

Balance/Abuse Prevention: I don't find an abuse there. and the GB already changed the balance of the game. so that idea won't make it worse

DeletedUser100065

Rail guns already rule things and making them do critical hits against AF units kind of defeats the point of all AF units even further. (never built a AF barracks). I think there should be a limitation to same age as there's currently no reason to have anything but rail guns at end of tech at least this makes people consider some new tactics.

DeletedUser15432

I agree with megatonno with regards to the use of rail guns and the fact that making it against higher ages would negate all AF ubnits and therefore award this idea a score of -1

DeletedUser109385

I agree with this idea, it will make the Orangery much more useful so +1

DeletedUser108379

Rail guns already rule things and making them do critical hits against AF units kind of defeats the point of all AF units even further. (never built a AF barracks). I think there should be a limitation to same age as there's currently no reason to have anything but rail guns at end of tech at least this makes people consider some new tactics.

There are not only players in AF who have that building. So I think same or higher would be really nice.
So +1

But I do not like the idea of it happen if fighting against lower era units. I think that would cause many who are attacked by players with higher era units to complain much more about unfairness.

DeletedUser109385

I only support this idea so my Iron Age units can kick Late Middle Ages units;) Of course that would mean that my organery needs a ton of FPs for this to happen.
I am not building the Orangery until this idea is applied

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

I only support this idea so my Iron Age units can kick Late Middle Ages units;) Of course that would mean that my organery needs a ton of FPs for this to happen.
I am not building the Orangery until this idea is applied

+1 as a playuer who was always fighting higher on map then in tech i like this comment and so give the suggestion +1

DeletedUser109268

There are not only players in AF who have that building. So I think same or higher would be really nice.
So +1

But I do not like the idea of it happen if fighting against lower era units. I think that would cause many who are attacked by players with higher era units to complain much more about unfairness.

I agree it should be allowed only against higher era units.

if so +1 otherwise -1

DeletedUser109268

+1 as a playuer who was always fighting higher on map then in tech i like this comment and so give the suggestion +1

but sorry... you can defeat higher era players even without the Orangery, besides... the critical hit itself packs a good punch but the chance that it happens are very little even at level 10...lame..

PS: I have an Orangery myself and I like it more for the 1fp x level it gives rather than for the critical hit (and I am a GvG fighter)...

DeletedUser105171

+1 Seems odd it was not always the case. The restriction to stop it being used on lower units is obvious - but not higher units. I understand the question on Rail Guns above but I think this is a separate issue and should not stop the Orangery being looked at.

DeletedUser104215

well GE is going to be impossible now, I am currently half way through level 2 and there is absolutely no way I will be able to win a 2 wave battle since the changes to AF units and rail guns came into effect. Losing half units in a single wave battle, I used to spend a few diamonds if i needed to revive one or two units but wont be doing four, so bad luck Inno I wont be spending any more diamonds there. Surely you could have boosted AF units and then waited to see the results and then perhaps reduced rail guns if something was still required. GE had become a very enjoyable part of the game for me but, well done, it wont be the case unless more changes are made or some changes are reversed

DeletedUser6838

well GE is going to be impossible now, I am currently half way through level 2 and there is absolutely no way I will be able to win a 2 wave battle since the changes to AF units and rail guns came into effect. Losing half units in a single wave battle, I used to spend a few diamonds if i needed to revive one or two units but wont be doing four, so bad luck Inno I wont be spending any more diamonds there. Surely you could have boosted AF units and then waited to see the results and then perhaps reduced rail guns if something was still required. GE had become a very enjoyable part of the game for me but, well done, it wont be the case unless more changes are made or some changes are reversed
How is this relevant to this idea? In GE you fight against troops from the same age as yourself except in 1st level where you get some lower age troops as enemies....

Anyways, fighting with troops that are from the next age is supposed to be challenging making you to choose which type of troops to use and such, not fly through them.

-1 >.>

DeletedUser16126

+1, I like that lower age players can better defend theirselves.
in the current implementation it means that higher age plunderers can hit them without the burden of critical hit. This doesn't feel logical.
I would even like to double the critical hit chance for every age the players are separated. That would make these fights at least a little more fair.

Why not just stop fooling around and give spear fighters invincible power against anything? That would surely solve the problem of the weak players being able to over power a stronger player! It seems to be what all the low level players want anyway. Skip the years of effort required to build up the needed strength and go straight to the end of the line. The would surely satisfy the all the impatient players wouldn't it.

You weaken FE troops and Strength AA troops - OK. But then you entertain the idea of giving ANY weaker troop more strength.

Oh! and by the way, it's not 50% more damage, but 150% more damage.

Last edited:

DeletedUser109385

It seems to be what all the low level players want anyway. Skip the years of effort required to build up the needed strength and go straight to the end of the line
No, leveling the Artic Orangery it's highest so it can be super effective when killing higher era units is years of efforts:rolleyes: