• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Impossible Daily Challenges

DeletedUser

Thank you for all very much for your help and advice, it was greatly appreciated. I did manage to complete the quest. Through trading in the market to achieve the shortfall from production. I think it's maybe time I ventured into guilds and found a guild which would have patience with this novice.
It is good practise to either join or form your own Guild as soon as you are able. GE will be available and the rewards that it brings.
As for time-fillers; there's GE, GBG, Settlements, sitting in the sun drinking and of course searching the Forum for Tutorial advice going back to the Game's very beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
Some of you never had the original Daily Challenge pleasure - you need 7 for the main prize - adding one for each success - it use to be if you missed a day - it would subtract 1 - so they are easy now - compared to what they use to be. Not impossible - but extremely difficult --- Be Glad!!!
and had scouting missions! :D

maybe in later ages but I want to get to where I have a strong enough army to help my guild and succeed in medium battle quests also put up a decent defence when attacked. Rogues are a minimum for that imo.
If you're not raising your attack / defence now then you'll have to raise it even higher in later ages because like most games the further along in the game you are the higher the requirements + difficulty becomes.

It's not enough to just age up. It doesn't improve your troops automatically, it merely increases the difficulty. Yes from aging up you'll have access to new age troops, but so will the AI. And that AI will have even higher additional bonuses then in lower ages. The only real advantage to not doing it now is so you can get more expansions in the techtree through aging up. But even that's only worth it if you're able to keep up with each age

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
If you're not raising your attack / defence now
Very aware of that! I'm doing my best but don't have the resources to bid or win much yet, it all takes time.
Is that bidding in the Antiques Dealer or on Great Buildings?

If it's Great Buildings then your best bet is arranging a swap with another player to get Blue Prints.

If it's Antiques Dealer then that's one way to increase it, but I would be doing that alongside Great Buildings. You said you're in HMA. At the very least you should have Zeus and Cathedral of Aachen available. I wouldn't age up until you have both of them regardless of what level you raise them to.

Emberguard

Legend
Oh and:
Most of my mats get used fairly quickly in map sector negotiations so when a daily quest arrives to solve a very complex negotiation its impossible to complete without using diamonds,
Two things you should be aware of
(1) the game will only ever ask for diamonds in a negotiation if you have no goods. Those diamonds are to buy whatever you don't have on you. If you aren't able to keep up with negotiation requirements then you're either going too fast or just entered a new age that day.

(2) Daily Challenges only give map quests when you have a open sector on the map. If you finish your provinces that are open and don't scout anything then you will never get a Daily Challenge with a map requirement until you scout the next province. Event quests on the other hand are pre-determined and will on occassion ask for map progress

I finish just about all I can do in less than an hour before I'm forced to wait, maybe I'm missing something?
I think it has something to do with the era you're in and how long you've played. The farther you progress in the game, the more things you can do.
Maybe an advanced player does 100's of GBG or GvG encounters every day, or trade a lot, or make a lot of 1.9 contributions or snipe and/or plunder the hood a lot or - whatever. Things a newer player can't do to the same extent. It all takes time. You can stay in more or less constant activity most of the time you're logged in, Many players also have multiple worlds to manage.

I think it has something to do with the era you're in and how long you've played. The farther you progress in the game, the more things you can do.
Maybe an advanced player does 100's of GBG or GvG encounters every day, or trade a lot, or make a lot of 1.9 contributions or snipe and/or plunder the hood a lot or - whatever. Things a newer player can't do to the same extent. It all takes time. You can stay in more or less constant activity most of the time you're logged in, Many players also have multiple worlds to manage.
I could (and sometimes do) spend 2 or 3 hours every morning just doing the basics across my cities and then another couple of hours in the evening. Even more if I have a settlement running or want to visit the hood for snipes and plunder.

Maybe I should get a real life

DeletedUser

Collections/Drops/Recurring Qs, resets on buildings and Boosts take bloody ages. The luxury of the curse are the rewards.
When the Game gives me 5min Prods I synch with Battles: Set, Battle, Collect, repeat for as long as required. Re-planning City and/or Settlement, experimenting with a view towards more efficient use of footprint, Trading as much as I'm able and of course, trawling through the Hood checking Cities and the Guilds of their owners. Can't neglect the Intel gathering, investment opportunities and prospects for the FL in the Network.
It can be as busy as you make it although early on it's less involving but that will change before you know it.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Maybe I should get a real life
Why? Then you'll just end up depressed. ;)

If anything, maybe get yourself another hobby?
For me, Warhammer 40k is the perfect compliment for example - build & paint your miniatures while also sitting at your PC playing FoE! Two birds with but one stone... (or rather, two filthy Xenos with but one over-sized bolt shell. :P)