• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Impossible Daily Challenges

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Finish 90x 5 min prod :P ...
Off topic, because it's not "impossible" ...
It's just ... stupid :zzz:
I remember in Elvenar we used to have event quests that demanded 200!! 5min productions...
Not THAT is event quest hell! :P

Edit: Yep - summer 2017 event... we had such gems as:
- 40 - 80x 1hr productions
- 20 - 40x 3hr productions
- upto 20!! 9hr productions
- 15min productions upto 90x, because who wants a life outside of a game?

...not to mention if anyone thinks paying say, 22k - 38k supplies/coins for a quest in HMA is 'urty, try quests that would demand 90% of your total coin/supply storage. (for just 1 quest!!)

Yeah, can't say there's anything even remotely close to "impossible" in FoE. :P

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
at least you can start all production buildings at once

in FoE you must start each building
Yeah... this was a 2017 event so, we didn't have that feature yet. :P
Suffice it to say, THAT event was no so popular!lol.

Thankfully the FoE team don't seem to get those kind of ideas... at least yet. >.>

DeletedUser

I firmly believe the DCs, Qs and Events are there as training exercises; a satisfactory level of play and development is required to make meaningful progress and ease our passage {Ecce Hora}. Failure to complete should be taken as a gentle hint to raise the level of one's game, so as to enable improvement and success. Don't take it as an attack or attempt by the Devs to ruin our day, most certainly not as if it is aimed at any individual or group. All Militaries, all competitive sports and games conduct training with exercises to prove fitness for purpose. These are FoE's ways of reminding us that it's not a walk in the park and application is needful.

DeletedUser

Oh that was such fun, I missed more than I managed until a few City improvements sorted that. I was landing most after that with only a couple of slips. The newer system is far more forgiving even though it makes the Game easier!

Redplum

Private
You mean they are free if you got goods? They often ask me to pay diamonds, what goods am I missing?
Say for example you require one wine to negotiate, but you have no wine you will pay diamonds. Look carefully where you select the item it will look someting like 1/0 or if you have loads of wine it will look like 1/195....

Most of my mats get used fairly quickly in map sector negotiations so when a daily quest arrives to solve a very complex negotiation its impossible to complete without using diamonds, already at HMA but still only have 4 tables in my tavern.
Of course, the game is not so easy if you don't buy at least a few diamonds and will sometimes take a long time to do things without them.

hadlen

Private
I'm relatively new to the game and in many respects still finding my way around. I have reached the Early Middle Ages haven't ventured into Guilds yet. But I find that some of the Daily Challenges are aimed more favourably for players at much higher levels. For example today one of the quests in my Daily Challenge is to "collect 120 goods". Being at low age means I have a limited number of buildings which produce goods and to obtain 120 goods in 24 hours is totally impossible. I'll be lucky if I get anywhere near half that amount.

Do the developers not realise this! Can't they tailor the daily quests more appropriately to match a players age?
I agree, finding it impossible to beat a medium sized battle in the daily quest

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Most of my mats get used fairly quickly in map sector negotiations so when a daily quest arrives to solve a very complex negotiation its impossible to complete without using diamonds, already at HMA but still only have 4 tables in my tavern.
Of course, the game is not so easy if you don't buy at least a few diamonds and will sometimes take a long time to do things without them.
You. Don't. NEED. To. Buy. Diamonds. >.<

This is NOT Civ's!!
Just please, STOP blazing through the tech tree and advancing as fast as you can - that's the BAD way to play this game!

Take your time, build up resources, work on boosting your atk% via GB's like Zeus/Achen/Castel, play in the weekly GE & the GBG's to earn even more rewards... The Cultural Settlements prizes are absolutely worth the effort.
Play the various main events, as those prizes are all generally much better than any 'regular' building you can build in each age.

This game is a marathon, not a race. Stop racing and you'll start having a lot more success.

You. Don't. NEED. To. Buy. Diamonds. >.<

This is NOT Civ's!!
Just please, STOP blazing through the tech tree and advancing as fast as you can - that's the BAD way to play this game!

Take your time, build up resources, work on boosting your atk% via GB's like Zeus/Achen/Castel, play in the weekly GE & the GBG's to earn even more rewards... The Cultural Settlements prizes are absolutely worth the effort.
Play the various main events, as those prizes are all generally much better than any 'regular' building you can build in each age.

This game is a marathon, not a race. Stop racing and you'll start having a lot more success.
maybe in later ages but I want to get to where I have a strong enough army to help my guild and succeed in medium battle quests also put up a decent defence when attacked. Rogues are a minimum for that imo.

Edit: Waiting for productions to finish is like watching paint dry :D
there are also plenty of quests that want you to conquer map sectors or scout next area so you always need a better army.

Thanks for your sound advice but in my opinion, the game could better always provide something to do no matter how small the reward without making players constantly log off waiting for something to finish or mature.
Not even 50% of players playtime is spent doing something constructive, INNoGames needs to fill that gap where there is nothing to do..

Last edited:
maybe in later ages but I want to get to where I have a strong enough army to help my guild and succeed in medium battle quests also put up a decent defence when attacked. Rogues are a minimum for that imo.
You won't be able to put up a decent fight in later eras unless you put the work in early on to boost attack GBs, you'll just get slaughtered.

If you're talking city defence, it's a waste of time and resources, you'll still be beaten even if it is really high and please tell me you're not putting rogues in defence?

You won't be able to put up a decent fight in later eras unless you put the work in early on to boost attack GBs, you'll just get slaughtered.

If you're talking city defence, it's a waste of time and resources, you'll still be beaten even if it is really high and please tell me you're not putting rogues in defence?
Not in defence no.
There are limits on the work a player can do because there are time restrictions everywhere to obtaining mats, FP's and building up attack GB's.
I like the laid back FOE atmosphere but I want to see more to do in the ages without always having to wait.

DeletedUser

You all get sound advice yet choose to ignore it. You fail because you have not grasped the basics. You give yourself no time to make any meaningful progress.
The Game should be difficult and involved, read its name; you are creating an empire and that takes time and assiduous application. We all have the same 2 opponents: The Game and ourselves, act accordingly.

You all get sound advice yet choose to ignore it. You fail because you have not grasped the basics. You give yourself no time to make any meaningful progress.
oh i feel I'm doing fairly well so that's a surprise!
I'm sure you are right, the game should not be rushed but all I'm saying is that more could be provided to fill in off-line waiting times perhaps with some active grind just for a few mats or rares for those who want to put in more time and effort..