• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Impossible Daily Challenge (win battle without PVP researched)

scibuff

Sergeant
I believe there were not supposed to be any impossible tasks in the newly released Daily Challenges?!

However, we have spent some time making sure that there will be no 'impossible' challenges (like scouting that would take two days), and we won't be asking you to research.

It is currently not possible to "Win" any battles (or battle at all) if I haven't researched PVP fights (Military Tactics) and Guild Expeditions are off until tomorrow.

p.s. I have no chance of winning battles on the map as I have scouted well past my era

foe-daily-1.png

foe-daily-2.png

Last edited:

scibuff

Sergeant
Technically that menas that it is doable, but you have made it ompossiblr for yourself. Don't think they will consider this to be a bug.

Ok, but then, how's that different from a quest to scout a new province if that takes 24+ hours. Technically, that is also your own fault, isn't it?

DeletedUser110615

Yeh, but you literally can not complete scouting (without spending diamonds), while it is possible to defeat higher age troops (sufficient boosts, rogues, etc). If you had no scouted sectors, though ... that'd probably count as a bug.

Vesiger

Monarch
I don't think that counts as a bug - you might equally well have just aided everybody in your neighbourhood, for example, and thus be physically unable to attack them. Or already have plundered every single one of them :P

scibuff

Sergeant
Scouting isn't part of the daily challenges.

Exactly my point. So they removed, or better didn't include, some tasks which are not possible to do in 24 hours, but left, for example, fighting tasks before you can actually fight

DeletedUser111866

a quest to scout a new province if that takes 24+ hours
These never pop up in daily challenges, and in events these are pretty normal as events last way longer than any scouts.
left, for example, fighting tasks before you can actually fight
Just do not scout next province, so that you won't have CMap fights, and should you have no GE AND no Military Tactics, AND you'll get DC for battles, then report this as a bug, because then it WILL be a bug - asking for fights when no fights are really possible.

DeletedUser96901

Ok, but then, how's that different from a quest to scout a new province if that takes 24+ hours.
but scouting in iron age takes only a few hours

scouting in iron age (3 or 6 hours) is different from scouting 1 day 6 hours in modern era

so technically it could possible to get a scout challenge in iron age

that there will be no 'impossible' challenges (like scouting that would take two days),
but scouting that takes 6 hours :rolleyes:

so it is a bug if the game sees that a scout can be sent and it has enough time to arrive to count to the current day in the DC ?

I have scouted well past my era
and even in early middle age it doesn't need 24 hours

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Exactly my point. So they removed, or better didn't include, some tasks which are not possible to do in 24 hours, but left, for example, fighting tasks before you can actually fight

That is a position you moved yourself into. It's not a bug.

DeletedUser107476

You could of course unlock military tactics looking at where you are from screenshot and then plunder hood. You are choosing not to. 18 forge points to go and 1 forge point per hour. Means it would take you less than 18hrs to do so. Leaving you 1 hour according to other screenshot to win 10 attacks in hood. Military Tactics also only unlocks neighbourhood fights. You could also do some battles in GvG.

DeletedUser96901

you can't be sure

if all in the hood are at the same points of research maybe none of the neighbors already has is researched
and so he theoretically can attack but the others can't be attacked

DeletedUser111589

But you can fight. Whether you can win... Doubtful. Besides, the "military tactics" technology is in iron age which means that access to GE is available where enemies are properly scaled to players age.

Game is meant to be progressed through not being stuck in one age forever.

DeletedUser111866

Game is meant to be progressed through not being stuck in one age forever.
Sadly, sitting in one age is a viable and pretty enjoyable mode. You are even not penalized for using higher-age GBs in iron XD

DeletedUser104881

Unfortunately, whilst Daily Challenges will not be issued that cannot be completed within the 24 hour period, it does not take in to account your current position. So winning 10 battles should be achievable in under 24 hours, however you have found yourself in a position where it is not easy to do so as a result of your game strategy.