1. Forge Questers!

Join the contest for a chance to win 1,000 diamonds Read all about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A Few Good Mods!

Check out the various positions we have to offer here.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Fall Event 2019

On your marks. Get set. Bake! This year, the Fall Bake Off makes its return to your city in style!
    For detailed information, please click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forge Cafe

Head to our Forge Cafe, ask a question, or have a chat. It's the perfect place for you to pull up a chair and learn more about the game and the forum here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

New Idea: Imaginative Reconstruction

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by vrooom, Sep 9, 2019.

?

Would you like to be able to plan cities with buildings you haven't yet built but are available?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. vrooom

vrooom Private

Proposal:
    In reconstruction mode, allow the incorporation of buildings from inventory or building tree that you haven't yet built.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
    Yes, it's not been suggested so far

Reason:
    I often want to introduce several new buildings for performance and/or immediate current needs.
    I sometimes get so immersed, I can't see the forest for the trees and need a clear picture of what is instead of what would be.

Details:
    Buildings would be colour coded to distinguish current, inventory and building tree.
    Players would activate a "transform" confirmation option key affecting their real world (to make room for new buildings) that would first:
    - list the would be deleted / new buildings and
    - have them flash.
    Then if satisfied, players would go ahead.

Visual Aids:
    None. I wish I could. I also realise this can be quite challenging technically :/

Balance:
    Think of all the upgrades you could implement easily and don't right now because of the headache...
    Or conversely...
    Designing your own city is hugely satisfying. Think how this feature would greatly enhance the experience!

Abuse Prevention:
    Imho this feature would allow NO possible exploits or cheat.

Summary:
    i've spoken my piece :)

ps: Wish I could've included a poll but try as I might, I was unable to find the option.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  2. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

Reconstruction mode if ror rearranging your city, not changing it. If you want to look at a different city use cityplanner.

3. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Senior Forum Moderator Ingame Moderator

I’m confused how this is different from the current reconstruction mode aside from colour coded

Poll is under “thread tools” under the title to your right

4. Cursedveggie

Cursedveggie Forum Ambassador

I think he wants to add buildings that he doesn't yet own or hasn't built to see how they could be fitted in to aid future planning

vrooom likes this.
  5. vrooom

vrooom Private

spot on

6. Emberguard

Then I’m confused how that aligns with what he wants

7. Cursedveggie

What I would like is a way of testing my reconstructed city to ensure everything that needs a road has one or all the sets are connected as they should be before committing it in case I've been an idiot like usual and done something stupid.

leaving out the gong of wisdom as I moved it out the way as I was re-positioning the set and forgot to put it back messing up the timers ::(

8. Emberguard

Let’s suppose for the moment this was implemented, how does it handle supply/coin cost?

9. Cursedveggie

would it matter? if you're only planning who cares what the cost is?

10. vrooom

vrooom Private

okay never mind this idea - I don't have the brains power and time today to elaborate. pls delete it Emberguard, thanks :)

11. Emberguard

It said a player could confirm to go ahead, i was assuming that meant it’d implement the design automatically

12. Cursedveggie

but then it could just strip out every building you don't currently have built in the original city and just leave the nice building shaped hole where you can build it when and if you are able

13. Emberguard

:( Wasn’t intending to discourage you. How about tomorrow? :D

Ok so it’s not placing anything just marking where things would go?

14. Cursedveggie

I can't see it working any other way

15. Agent327

Agent327 Emperor

He wants to play with things he has in his inventory and buildings he can built, just to see how it will look. Reconstruction mode is not meant for that, cause in the end, you have to put all original content back. City Planner on the other hand let's you do thois, so there is no need to completely change reconstruction mode.

anyempire and Galladhorn like this.
  16. Galladhorn

Galladhorn General

I would not mind this feature as well as a few other features found in the City Planner. The City Planner is a great tool and it is sort of a bit bashing on the developer of the city planner and the work he has put into it – but never the less it is a 3rd party feature and not included within InnoGames, which might keep some players away from using it.

My concern to the suggestion is it might become to complicated for many players – Even now I still talk to guildies and FOE freinds that are releuctant to use the Reconstruction mode, since they apparently only tried it in the very beginning of its introduction and are not aware about the extra features that has been implemented.

The Reconstruction mode has many options to become more advanced, but if it really will benefit the game I do not know. Players could dream about how their city might look some time ahead and aim for these buildings in events and in the Antique Dealer. At least if one knows the base size of a Building then that is essentially enough to plan at least part of a new city.