• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Imac

Iznot

Private
When are we going to get a certificate that allows the firewall to allow chat to work on my Imac. I have turned off my security and the chat still doesn't work because the firewall wont allow it. Plz...what am I doing wrong? Help. Need chat for my guild.
-Iznot server Cirgard

DeletedUser15432

Send a request to the support team and they might be able to assist you

DeletedUser9168

Hi Iznot, welcome to the forums.
I normally play on a macbook and have never had any problems with the in game chat. After reading your post, I have just tried the chat feature out with the help of some guilds on my IMac, and there was no problem there for me either. We just have the standard settings - i haven't disabled anything to make it work. So unless you happen to have an enhanced firewall in operation, there could be another issue affecting you here.
So I would agree with pzk's advice, right-click to contact support team.
Jampots

DeletedUser7719

It might be the router itself as well. Is this happening at home or during work?

Iznot

Private
Thanks for all the responses. I deleted a few start up applications I wasn't using..like drop box, and changed my Virus software to Bitdefender and now I can Chat my head off, as if anybody would listen to me anyways. If yer in Chat and see Iznot say Hi :)
Merry Christmas...and no I am not a christian, per say, just like saying it...Happy Holidays just doesn't cut it because there are so many other holidays :)
-Iznoy

DeletedUser15432

Thanks for all the responses. I deleted a few start up applications I wasn't using..like drop box, and changed my Virus software to Bitdefender and now I can Chat my head off, as if anybody would listen to me anyways. If yer in Chat and see Iznot say Hi :)
Merry Christmas...and no I am not a christian, per say, just like saying it...Happy Holidays just doesn't cut it because there are so many other holidays :)
-Iznoy

Glad to see you managed to get there in the end, Merry Christmas from him and merry christmas from me

DeletedUser9300

I actually have the same problem with my iMac and havent resolved it even though I contacted the support many times. I have a PC in the same network and it has no problem. How do I approach this problem?

DeletedUser9168

Iznot's problem with chat (above) seemed to be being caused by a third party firewall rather than the Apple one. Does this apply in your situation?
If it is the Apple one, check what the settings are in the system preferences (security and privacy). I can't tell you what they should or shouldn't be, but you may spot something there that may help.

DeletedUser9300

Iznot's problem with chat (above) seemed to be being caused by a third party firewall rather than the Apple one. Does this apply in your situation?
If it is the Apple one, check what the settings are in the system preferences (security and privacy). I can't tell you what they should or shouldn't be, but you may spot something there that may help.

Thank you for your advice. Since my PC works just fine in the same connection, it must be something about Apple settings. I will try to look through the settings but I am completely ignorant so I dont know where to touch lol. I hope someone with more knowledge can help?