• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

If you could choose how you die how would you die?

• Thread starter Deleted member 118885
  • Start date

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
As if.

It is not.

I know somebody who didn't get a "just fine" result on the check.

It's what you imagine.

Where did the conspiracy theorists come from?

Either way, I am too small a person to be talking about the humongous thingy.

Maybe when one day someone else says the same thing, you will believe it @Powe

A good hospital's motto should be "do our best to put ourselves out of business" (meaning no one ever gets ill rendering hospitals useless).

Does the current real hospital qualify? Or are they, on the contrary, doing the best to solidify their authority and justify their own existence...

Lastly, I'll defend my original position on only one point: by "flat earth" I mean, that way a country in the West and a country in the East will have the same "ups and downs". Up is up and down is down for both. Take China and America for example -- If the earth is not flat but round, then one of the two countries is upside down. (It boils down to whether you are a small person or a big person. If you as a person is exponentially smaller, by orders of magnitude smaller, than the earth itself, then the earth appears flat to you. But if you are bigger than the earth, then perhaps the earth is round, like a ball, yes. No different from a basketball, football, golf ball... so you can play the earth, like you play a ball. Me like I said, I am a small person. -- I did not prepare this reasoning in advance; I improvised. But it appears I'm consistent, to my own surprise!

Last edited:

Powe

Brigadier-General
Either way, I am too small a person to be talking about the humongous thingy.

Maybe when one day someone else says the same thing, you will believe it @Powe

A good hospital's motto should be "do our best to put ourselves out of business" (meaning no one ever gets ill rendering hospitals useless).

Does the current real hospital qualify? Or are they, on the contrary, doing the best to solidify their authority and justify their own existence...

Lastly, I'll defend my original position on only one point: by "flat earth" I mean, that way a country in the West and a country in the East will have the same "ups and downs". Up is up and down is down for both. Take China and America for example -- If the earth is not flat but round, then one of the two countries is upside down. (It boils down to whether you are a small person or a big person. If you as a person is exponentially smaller, by orders of magnitude smaller, than the earth itself, then the earth appears flat to you. But if you are bigger than the earth, then perhaps the earth is round, like a ball, yes. No different from a basketball, football, golf ball... so you can play the earth, like you play a ball. Me like I said, I am a small person. -- I did not prepare this reasoning in advance; I improvised. But it appears I'm consistent, to my own surprise!
So they should try to lose money and become poor. That makes absolutely no sense. Good, you have admitted the earth is round, even though it seems flat to humans.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
So they should try to lose money and become poor. That makes absolutely no sense. Good, you have admitted the earth is round, even though it seems flat to humans.
"The earth is round" with an adverbial clause "as it seems (appears) to some humans in the same way as it seems (appears) flaat to other humans"

Or simply put
1) The earth is round -- No. Unacceptable.
2) The earth seems round to some, and seems flat to others. -- Yes. Acceptable.

Because, when number of dimensions comes into play, how an object seems, either one way or the other, is equally ridiculous.

PUvK2c2.png

Where there is 3D, nothing in the 2D plane ever "is". Everything "seems".
Look on the left side. Oh now it seems a dot. Oh now it seems a circle. Oh now it seems a dot again.
But it never is. On the right side, the 3D plane has "all the say" and they say the object never changes and has always been spherical.

Now imagine there is a fourth dimension. Similarly, objects on the 3D world can only "seem" and can never "be".
Problem is we are humans who live in 3D and cannot imagine it.
We cannot prove 4D. What we can do, is doubt everything in 3D.
Earth is flat? Wrong! Earth is round? Equally wrong!

Earth seems flat to some and seems round to others? -- OK good.

"The earth is round" with an adverbial clause "as it seems (appears) to some humans in the same way as it seems (appears) flaat to other humans"

Or simply put
1) The earth is round -- No. Unacceptable.
2) The earth seems round to some, and seems flat to others. -- Yes. Acceptable.

Because, when number of dimensions comes into play, how an object seems, either one way or the other, is equally ridiculous.

View attachment 21602

Where there is 3D, nothing in the 2D plane ever "is". Everything "seems".
Look on the left side. Oh now it seems a dot. Oh now it seems a circle. Oh now it seems a dot again.
But it never is. On the right side, the 3D plane has "all the say" and they say the object never changes and has always been spherical.

Now imagine there is a fourth dimension. Similarly, objects on the 3D world can only "seem" and can never "be".
Problem is we are humans who live in 3D and cannot imagine it.
We cannot prove 4D. What we can do, is doubt everything in 3D.
Earth is flat? Wrong! Earth is round? Equally wrong!

Earth seems flat to some and seems round to others? -- OK good.
No, The Earth IS round, as a ball, no matter which perspective humans look at it from. Even if no humans (or other creatures) looked at it, it would still be round as a ball. Things, objects (a ball, the earth, the moon) exist and have a certain shape even when no one is looking at them. The exact shape of an object doesn't change just because we look at it from different perspectives.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
No, The Earth IS round, as a ball, no matter which perspective humans look at it from. Even if no humans (or other creatures) looked at it, it would still be round as a ball. Things, objects (a ball, the earth, the moon) exist and have a certain shape even when no one is looking at them. The exact shape of an object doesn't change just because we look at it from different perspectives.
No one is looking. Ok how about feeling and smelling -- can you tell something is round or flat by smelling it

Powe

Brigadier-General
No one is looking. Ok how about feeling and smelling -- can you tell something is round or flat by smelling it
Spacecraft are. (My computer doesn't let me change the names of files, and I didn't notice the typo till it was already saved).

Attachments

• proog.jpg
    proog.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1
Look up "earth pictures" and you will find out you are wrong.
Actually, if you look at a picture of Earth from space, in the picture Earth may still seem flat, because we only see it from one angle. Like when we look at a full moon from Earth, it's just a flat circle.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I was no long making any sense becuase I gotta go. Compelled by some 4th dimensional force, which I cannot resist.

legend9182

Major-General
Will like to die
When there's no belonging of mine left (actual not the ones who just shows)
When it happens. I just sleep and never awakes

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
this seems like a jolly topic, how would i like to die ???????????? hmmm i wouldnt really care for that event, but if i have to pick i would say in an old folks home alone and not able to remeber anything, what a way to go ?