• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: 'idle' icon in the side-buff bar for idle goods buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser9168
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

how many +1s are needed for this? i know so many players that are unhappy with this and moan about it in the game chats, but only few are actually here on forum
if someone would pay attention about this (as much as for some semi bad word spoken on global chat) you might find loads....
then this "idea" would be implemented with todays update maybe :p

Go tell them to come join and post girl412 :D but it does seem very popular :)

DeletedUser97349

how many +1s are needed for this? i know so many players that are unhappy with this and moan about it in the game chats, but only few are actually here on forum
if someone would pay attention about this (as much as for some semi bad word spoken on global chat) you might find loads....
then this "idea" would be implemented with todays update maybe :p

As you may have noticed, there are a few new prefixes in the ideas section - 'warm', 'hot' and 'scorching'. These are being implemented to help those really well supported ideas stand out. To classify as warm you need a total of +5, which is total number of +1s minus any -1s. For hot you need +10 and for scorching you need +15. This could be subject to change if these numbers need adjusting, but the principle is that once a thread reaches scorching it then gets forwarded.

DeletedUser97018

new prefixes in the ideas section

As you may have noticed, there are a few new prefixes in the ideas section - 'warm', 'hot' and 'scorching'. These are being implemented to help those really well supported ideas stand out. To classify as warm you need a total of +5, which is total number of +1s minus any -1s. For hot you need +10 and for scorching you need +15. This could be subject to change if these numbers need adjusting, but the principle is that once a thread reaches scorching it then gets forwarded.

tnx, was wondering how to get to scorching ;)
now on my way to pester ppl in game :p

oh and btw i like this new way, makes good ideas easier to find and support
so +1 for that too :cool:

DeletedUser101925

+1, shocked after reading it was removed as a "bug". I don't think any player saw this feature as a bug. Well.. whatever I suppose.

DeletedUser99445

Off Topic, Sorry but .............. Good to see a sensible system in place. Bravo!

DeletedUser104390

an idle icon means that the city has 1 or more idle buildings now my idle icon comes and goes there is no reason to it. I liked having an idle icon that lt me know that a building ---any building regardless of what type was sleeping --not active. I relied on that icon as I do all icons on the right hand side of the game except the new pop up over there when I visit another city--might just need to get used to that but it doesn't stay long enough for me to make use of it. I do ask Please put the idle icon back like it has been functioning for the last year or more (since I have played the game) I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks...... just my opinion

and since this is my first post ever not sure if I have done this correct or not ....and incase I am to say +1 I post +1 also

DeletedUser

+1!

Really, this went through as a bug fix without *anyone* realizing that the players would go nuts when it was released?

DeletedUser6974

bootnreboot, is that a +1?
If you would like me to submit a proposal to reinstate the idle icon, a clearer reply would be welcome :) the function of the ideas section is to promote (or veto) ideas which the community would like implemented. I have no control over the fact that it was removed, however I can submit a proposal to reinstate.

yea sorry...couldnt help myself... ;) +1 from me plz to put the game back the way it was and have the idle icon show up when a goods building is idle. :)

DeletedUser

+1
or better yet just make it possible to see the half moon and the collection box icons...

DeletedUser97349

Foe-19990

As above, this has been forwarded in the following form:

It is very easy to miss noticing an idle icon above a goods building, especially in the later age cities which are larger and contain many more buildings. The presence of an idle icon in the side bar draws your attention to the face that one (or more) buildings remain idle. By clicking on the idle icon, it would cycle through the buildings not currently in current production - be they supplies, goods or military buildings. If the player intended for the goods building to remain idle and not start a production cycle for whatever reason, you would just skip past that when clicking on the icon to view the next idle building. In the same way that you may not always want to retrain troops - or even set supplies production.
Not having the idle icon for goods buildings often resulting in a building standing idle when it should not, and valuable goods productions being lost.
For more information and to view the overwhelming support for this, please see the following link: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...in-the-side-buff-bar-for-idle-goods-buildings

DeletedUser97349

This has been discussed with the devs and accepted :). I cant give any details of which update it will be implemented in yet but will update you when I know more.

DeletedUser97349

There is a good chance that this will be implemented in the next update: 1.40. If there are any unforeseen set backs which prevent this from happening I will post accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.