• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: 'idle' icon in the side-buff bar for idle goods buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser9168
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9168

Proposal: Display an 'idle' half-moon icon in the side-buff bar for idle goods buildings

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I have checked and the idea has not been previously suggested because, up until a few days ago, this appeared as a standard game feature

Reason:
It is very easy to miss noticing an idle icon above a goods building, especially in the later age cities with large, predominately grey buildings. The presence of an idle icon in the side bar draws your attention to the face that one (or more) buildings remain idle. By clicking on the idle icon, it would cycle through the buildings not currently in current production - be they supplies, goods or military buildings. If the player intended for the goods building to remain idle and not start a production cycle for whatever reason, you would just skip past that when clicking on the icon to view the next idle building. In the same way that you may not always want to retrain troops - or even set supplies production. I deliberately have some of my buildings disconnected so the unconnected icon is always there - but if i need to i can use it to cycle through my disconnected buildings to check that i haven't accidentally added one i didn't intend to be disconnected. The idle icon would be valuably used in the same way - allowing you to check that you did indeed intend not to reset that production cycle.

Details: Display the idle icon in the side bar for goods buildings not in current production, in the same way as idle supplies buildings and military buildings containing unlocked but untrained military units display both an idle icon over the specific building AND the idle icon in the buff bar at the right side of the city screen.

Visual Aids:

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 15.17.45.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 15.21.05.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 15.23.49.png

Balance: no balance necessary

Abuse Prevention: no abuse possible - icon for information only

Summary: Display an 'idle' half-moon icon in the side-buff bar for idle goods buildings in same way as currently displayed for supplies and military buildings standing idle.

Thank you for considering this 'idea'. I was advised to formulate the proposal as an idea for game improvement.
All feedback welcomed.

DeletedUser653

+1
but why do we have to add an idea when we had this for nearly 2 years and due to a bug in the programming it changed. It should be recorded as a bug and fixed as a bug !!

DeletedUser7719

Actually the goods buildings weren't part of the Idle Icon two years ago. It was added at one point (though it was way before the military buildings)

DeletedUser1081

+1
but why do we have to add an idea when we had this for nearly 2 years and due to a bug in the programming it changed. It should be recorded as a bug and fixed as a bug !!

They're claiming it was a bug that the idle icon included goods buildings :rolleyes:
So now they've nobly "fixed" it even though everyone welcomed it as an improvement when they introduced it and wants to keep it. Good job! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser15432

A definite +1 from me lost count of the number of times have missed restarting goods production due to the missing goods idle symbol - must be at least 20 times

DeletedUser6974

an idea ?? no its putting the game back the way it should have been and not have been touched.
to bury the change in the so called bug fixes as the "Idle icon didn't ignore goods buildings." is an insult to the dedicated game players!
They make is sound like it was a discovery that had to be fixed.
So somebody was looking at the screen and said....
first guy ... "Hey that idle building is making the idle icon show up."
second guy..."We better fix that, an idle building shouldn't be making the idle icon display."
third guy.... "Quick, make a change to the game, call it a bug to make it look like we made a great discovery."
fourth guy ... "Good idea, thats the goods buildings, everybody knows the players needs goods to make progress in the game so we can stall them even more by not letting them know that their goods buildings are just sitting there doing nothing...muhaahaahaa!!"
fifth guy..."I've got an idea, for the next update lets take the idle icon off the supplies buildings too and call it a bug that we had to fix too, then we can all give ourselves a raise because we do such a good job at finding bugs!"
sixth guy... "Great idea!!.. all we have to do is take the idle icon off the military buildings again then it wont be needed at all!!"
seventh guy... "ummmmm, its the idle icon, its supposed to be showing when things are idle."
boss man ... "Shut up seventh guy!!!.... make the change and call it a bug that we discovered....everybody gets the rest of the week off and gets a bonus...except for number seven.....now the next challenge is to figure out how we can make the houses go idle and dont warn the players that they are idle!.....muhaahaahaahaa"

DeletedUser97349

bootnreboot, is that a +1?
If you would like me to submit a proposal to reinstate the idle icon, a clearer reply would be welcome :) the function of the ideas section is to promote (or veto) ideas which the community would like implemented. I have no control over the fact that it was removed, however I can submit a proposal to reinstate.

DeletedUser

+1 from meeee, think it would make sense to have this feature back :)

DeletedUser97018

I have no control over the fact that it was removed, however I can submit a proposal to reinstate.

how many +1s are needed for this? i know so many players that are unhappy with this and moan about it in the game chats, but only few are actually here on forum
if someone would pay attention about this (as much as for some semi bad word spoken on global chat) you might find loads....
then this "idea" would be implemented with todays update maybe :p

DeletedUser15432

This feature needs to be reinstated so a +1 from me as well, lost count of how many times have missed putting production back online since it was changed

Status
Not open for further replies.