• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Identify Event Surprise Boxes

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Poll withdrawn - thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
would identify which event it came from
After identifying which event, what you are planned to do.
Are you trying to the collect all event surprise boxes for next few years.

Also, with your suggestion, if not opening the surprise box till next year and same event appears, what icon difference you need.
may be icon label represent the event year. no no.

Really not needed this.

Remote

Private
I have 4 of these event surprise boxes in my inventory now and I can't see what is inside any of them using Chrome or Firefox on a fully updated windows 10 pc.

As I understand it if you open one of the boxes before you have built the event building then the box will give you the event building but if you have already built the event building then the box will give you an upgrade.

So being able to tell which box belongs to which event is important.

As far as having multiple boxes from the same event then surely each box would be independent when being opened.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Opening an Event Surprise Box gives you a Selection Kit that lets you choose between building a new building at level 1 and upgrading an existing building. So there's really no reason to keep the Box and not open it.

As I understand it if you open one of the boxes before you have built the event building then the box will give you the event building but if you have already built the event building then the box will give you an upgrade.
That's not correct. The event boxes we have gotten so far have contained a selection kit - no matter when they were opened.
Open the event boxes and keep the selection kits instead (if you don't want to use them immediately).

Knight of ICE

That's an urban legend. Box gives you a selection kit every time all the time.

As far as having multiple boxes from the same event then surely each box would be independent when being opened.

You can not have multiple boxes from the same event. Box has not been along long enough for that.

kernbeep

Private
Yes you can and there is no reason to keep them in your inventory. You can open them.
Thanks Knight of ICE. Can I ask what browser you're using? I can't see the contents using Firefox or Chrome on a Windows 10 (fully upgraded) PC. (I don't want to open them before I have laid down the initial building).

kernbeep

Private
OK- thanks everyone. You've helped me find the answers I needed. It's a shame that Customer Support didn't mention mobile devices when it was raised with them, and their suggestion to raise it as a proposal on the forum wasn't helpful either. But you've all sorted it out for me now. Many thanks.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Doesn't matter. Just open the box(es) to see what's inside. No need to keep the boxes. If you can't open a box (yet) it's because it belongs to the upcoming event.
I think the problem (from the PC point of view) is that you cannot see what is inside the Event Box without opening and putting the items in inventory. There are reasons for some of it, such as the FP's, player may want to save them for a time that it is needed, instead of having them go into the FP bar and be effectively forced to use them now. Or another reason, the Event Box that contains goods, if a player is planning to Age Up in the near future, may want to keep the Event Box until then, so they get a little bunch of goods for the new Age.
On the mobile, yes, you can see what is inside without opening, but on the PC you cannot - you want to see what is in there, then you have to open and inventory it all.

I think the problem (from the PC point of view) is that you cannot see what is inside the Event Box without opening and putting the items in inventory. There are reasons for some of it, such as the FP's, player may want to save them for a time that it is needed, instead of having them go into the FP bar and be effectively forced to use them now. Or another reason, the Event Box that contains goods, if a player is planning to Age Up in the near future, may want to keep the Event Box until then, so they get a little bunch of goods for the new Age.
On the mobile, yes, you can see what is inside without opening, but on the PC you cannot - you want to see what is in there, then you have to open and inventory it all.
Ah yeah, true, forgot that the event boxes contain more than the selection kits :)

2021 Forge Bowl Event
(
box belongs to 2021 St Patrick's Day Event)
Druid Temple Selection Kit
20 Forge Points
2h Mass Supply Rush

2021 St Patrick's Day Event
(
box belongs to 2021 Spring Event)
Suishun Mill Selection Kit
50 Goods
Store Building

2021 Spring Event
(
box belongs to 2021 Archaeology Event)
Ferris Wheel Selection Kit
20 Forge Points
One Up Kit

2021 Archaeology Event
(
box belongs to 2021 FoE Soccer Cup Event)
Athlon Abbey Selection Kit
25 Forge Points
One Up Kit

Last edited: