• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Idea - Tooltips on Roads

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Show a tooltip of the road to know what age it is, etc. When upgrading roads its sometimes hard to see which ones have been done.

*** EDIT *** just noticed there is a tooltip on roads when you are on somebody else's city showing the type of the road... should be so simple to put this on our own towns!
*** END EDIT ***

Reason:
Waste of resources potentially? (to be honest i am not even sure if i have laid new road over the same road what happens?)

Details:
As above, pretty simple to just display a tooltip showing the type of road and the happiness of the square

Visual Aids:
Sorry, not graphical at all!

Balance:
Shouldn't affect anything in the game other than potential of wasting resources

Abuse Prevention:
Shouldnt introduce abuse

Summary:
I searched but couldn't find any other suggestions similar. Hopefully somebody else would see this as useful?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Roads of the same age cannot be replaced. I don't think tool-tips will be the best solution as compared to seeing the grid itself when placing roads

DeletedUser15432

Proposal:
Show a tooltip of the road to know what age it is, etc. When upgrading roads its sometimes hard to see which ones have been done.

Reason:
Waste of resources potentially? (to be honest i am not even sure if i have laid new road over the same road what happens?)

Details:
As above, pretty simple to just display a tooltip showing the type of road and the happiness of the square

Visual Aids:
Sorry, not graphical at all!

Balance:
Shouldn't affect anything in the game other than potential of wasting resources

Abuse Prevention:
Shouldnt introduce abuse

Summary:
I searched but couldn't find any other suggestions similar. Hopefully somebody else would see this as useful?

Good idea +1 here

DeletedUser

this works on other players towns when visiting... so it should be so simple to implement!

DeletedUser9168

I want to add my +1 to this as well.
I had to send my forgestats link to a friend so they could insert my roads for me - much easier when you get them named on screen!

DeletedUser653

+1 always struggled with roads, you cannot see most of them and anything that makes identification easier is good