• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[IDEA] Simple, much needed Messaging Center Improvement

DeletedUser

Proposal: Ability to create folders to better organize and save messages; or have a few extra pre-designated folders.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: Searched numerous related topics but found nothing. I am very surprised this has not been previously suggested, so if it has been and I missed it during my search, I apologize. The only improvement ideas I found for messaging was to seperate messages when a player has multiple worlds, and I also saw one suggesting adding "filters", but this is not the same.

Reason: Especially in a guild that allows guild-wide mass messaging, or for anyone who uses the messaging feature a lot, one's inbox can get very cluttered. Many of us in our guild delete messages daily after reading, but this presents a few issues such as no record of the message history if someone else adds a reply after you've deleted the message. Also, there are often times messages that I want to save for an extended amount of time, sometimes even forever if their is important info within the message.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, recently, messages with new replies no longer push to the top of the inbox, and very often get lost in translation and new replies never get noticed. I am not sure if this is a bug that is being fixed (along with all the reports of old/deleted messages reappearing and other messaging bugs), or if this is just the way that it has been changed intentionally.

Details: My idea proposes the idea to implement either a "create new folder" feature (unlimited folders or a maximum of 3 to 5, either works. Players could name folder upon creation or rename later), or to just provide everyone with a couple extra folders (saved mail/archive, important, read later, etc). A player would be able to move messages from their inbox into these other folders.

So basically, just a revamped message interface with a few extra features for better organization.

Visual Aids: I am not going to include an image for now, unless someone requests a proposal of how this could potentially look. I think my proposed idea and the details are pretty simple and self explanitory, so the need to provide a visual aid to better explain is not necessary. However, if I am wrong, please let me know and I will be happy to whip something up and add it to this post! ;-)

Balance/Abuse Prevention: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1032

+1 from me. I go through pages of messages each day (FP requests, PM requests, military questions, etc), and most get deleted after I'm done with them. But it would be nice to be able to save the important ones in a different folder, just to make sure that they don't get deleted by mistake.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Hoping this gets enough attention to get noticed by someone that can help it's cause, although not quite sure how that works. Each day that goes by, the more I realize how much I wish this was already implemented.

DeletedUser99692

Well congrats on implementing this into the message box but there is one glaring problem you still have to open the message to see the subject header so on the whole a pointless exercise. 8 points for trying but whoops no coconut I'm afraid. :((((