• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: [Idea] Seeds

What do you think? Good Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Yesn't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EISENGARD

Private
Hey, I'm pretty new to this game, but I have an idea that made me want to register a forums account. without further ado, here it is:

Seeds
Seeds would be a new building added to the game, which you place down, then wait, then receive a reward. On receiving the reward, the building gets destroyed. There would be different kinds of seeds, giving forge points, gold, supplies, medals, diamonds, etc. They would be a possible reward in GBGs, GB contributions, GE, events, and the like. There would be seeds of different rarity.
Here are some prototypes:

Midas Seed
After X time gain Y gold

Fruitful Seed
After X time gain Y supplies or Z goods

Molten Seed
After X time gain Y forge points

Seed of Seeds
After X time gain Y random seeds

Seed of greatness
After X time gain Y blueprints

Event Seed
After X time gain Y event currency

There also would maybe be some kind of greenhouse GB that gives seeds? Idk

Please add feedback below; I know its' not the best idea, but it's mine.

Emberguard

Legend
Pretty sure the idea would be under "do not suggest", but for the sake of conversation and fleshing out the idea: Would these seeds be placed in the main city or in the surrounding environment? Are these seeds something that you would expect to count towards "build X building" quests? Or something entirely new? Are you expecting these seeds to be similar in rewards to what's currently available? Slightly under powered? Or over powered in comparison to current buildings?

Idea for seed: boosts to attacking/defending bonuses ;D

Now that I think about it, you kinda have a "seed" concept with the new event hub thing. Just done as temporary boosts at the end of event instead of temporary buildings

you mean something like this : https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Flying_Island
already implemented

Well kinda yes except it should not be based on a longterm space-aged GB in my opinion.
The reason it shouldn't is that newer players need more incentive to do settlements than now in their first few months of play and FOE requires them to do the same settlements many times.

Anyway, the ops idea is not bad except it needs more details of when & where it could be implemented.

EISENGARD

Private
Well kinda yes except it should not be based on a longterm space-aged GB in my opinion.
The reason it shouldn't is that newer players need more incentive to do settlements than now in their first few months of play and FOE requires them to do the same settlements many times.

Anyway, the ops idea is not bad except it needs more details of when & where it could be implemented.
I mean, it's a very rough idea; maybe you can add your own thoughts on balancing and other seeds?

I mean, it's a very rough idea; maybe you can add your own thoughts on balancing and other seeds?
Supporting yours and Emberguards suggested seed rewards, could start with only a few.
In theory, the idea would require a major dev commitment and new artwork design associated with the seed buildings or plants. They could also be based on flower seeds - shoots - growing into mature rare plants over time that would need players to log in for collection.
Any idea needs to seamlessly integrate with the current game and not be too rewarding to the point that INNO sells fewer diamonds. This could increase sales of diamonds as more are purchased for extra expansions to accommodate the various seed footprint sizes resulting in a more rewarding game where players buy more diamonds.
The reason I mentioned settlements is that I believe future settlements (and some existing ones) could be improved to be less impediment dodging and made more flexible for players to create their own settlements of various sizes without changing the current good balance of main cities.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
What's the difference between this and giving the reward directly? Why give an FP seed bonus when you can give an FP bonus directly? What benefit is there to making you wait for it to mature?