• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I wish i knew before..(last newbie thread honest :) )

suethegreat

Captain
I wish i knew you need cunning and patience eg dont open the game and cash out Tavern as its full then shortly comes the daily challenge of 'collect 2500 tavern coins' arghhhh
i also now realise you dont need to use all your self helps in one go as 'cancel request' only covers remaining helps not one just used and most important (may seem obvious to some but all part of experience)
others anyone?

DeletedUser

I wish i knew you need cunning and patience eg dont open the game and cash out Tavern as its full then shortly comes the daily challenge of 'collect 2500 tavern coins' arghhhh
i also now realise you dont need to use all your self helps in one go as 'cancel request' only covers remaining helps not one just used and most important (may seem obvious to some but all part of experience)
others anyone?
dont move up Eras before GE - GBG - Events !

Leafbiter

Corporal
Some of the Daily Challenges are collect X of whatever minute/hour productions.

By not collecting before opening up the Daily Challenge you can benefit more if you already have the relevant productions matured to collect.

suethegreat

Captain
Yes now with some experience i set overnight productions in blacksmiths at 4 or 8 hrs taking a gamble on what may appear.

Another one is that 'delete a unit' does not count when lost in battle you physically have to delete the poor soul from your army list which if spear fighters (useful to keep for this purpose) doesnt take long to put back for next time.

Another tip is not to max out your tavern too quickly so when the daily requires a big tavern silver spend you have something left.

Apologies however if this upsets the sadists that would rather newer players suffer in ignorance and get disheartened then leave the game.

Cuthwolf

Captain
Save your diamonds for expansions.
Don't race ahead on the map.
Have patience - those players have great cities as they have been playing for years.
Join a high level guild as soon as possible and learn for the wise old owls.

suethegreat

Captain
One issue with the Continent map is the story quests that encourage scouting and gaining sectors and you do them sometimes without thinking of the implications as you get quest rewards. Then you spot one that gives an oh so valuable expansion square but its a region away so on you go. Before you know it your EMA city is facing Colonial and above and your event challenge is to fight............... Yes use diamonds for extensions but after just 3 months and in HMA the only expansions i can get now are medals ..or the Colonial map :) ....oh and what lovely huge event buildings we can win! might have to dig a basement.

<AOL>

Yes, me too! Beware the quests which can lead you into dangerous waters! Try to stay focused on the bigger picture - said the man in EMA who just donated 160 hard earned goods to the guild treasury just to satisfy a summer event quest! Was it worth it? I ask myself!
Usually there's an alternative quest you can solve, when you get a "donate goods to treasury" quest.
Very often the alternative quest is "gather XX goods".
There's a little trick, you're probably not aware of, that you can use to solve a "gather goods" quests.
Many players make "loop trades" or "circular trades" (or whatever they like to call them) within the guild to solve those quests.
Say, the quest is "gather 160 goods". To solve the quest you can make two guild trades, like this for instance:
160 iron for 160 cloth
160 cloth for 160 iron
When a guild member takes the trades both of you get all the goods back, and you've solved the quest.

suethegreat

Captain
Without a guild you can also circle trade in market costs a couple of FPs but can get job done 'providing' the larger trades are there and not 5's lol