• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

"I was on my computer, but didn't know..."

DeletedUser

Proposal:
First idea: It would be fairly simple to let us decide if a specific message thread (In the Message Center, not Guild forum) should notify us outside the game (FB, Twitter, Email, Skype for starters). Inno could add a selectable box on the right of each thread, when selected, it would present us with a menu to select which external system we can be notified on.

Second idea: Allow us to make a thread global, that we can see in every FoE world we play in. That should require more development, I understand that, that's why I think the first idea is easier since these apps have all the APIs available for external communications with other developpers.

Reason:
Many of us are often in front of the computer (or available), in another FoE world or another application/game, and were available to help in a situation, but couldn't due to the limited communication system in FoE.

Many players are active in multiple FoE worlds and are unaware of recent situations and could have come help if they were better notified.

Details:
How will it work? Simple, on the right of each message thread in our Message Center, there is room to add an option to open up a menu to allow us to select an external notification system, and/or to make it Global, so we can see it in every FoE world.

Like this, each guild could create a Notification Thread, and players that wish it, can make that thread notify us externally and/or globally.

Visual Aids:

Here's an example on how it would look:

screenshot.820.jpg

Balance:
It is fun to have many worlds, but that is also having a major impact on the game: When dealing with GvG situations, sometimes players are in another world and cannot participate quickly, especially when under attack.

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
The common reply to this kind of situation is: "Use this application or this software for your guild communication"

Sure, but not everyone is on the same page when it comes to tools we use. Some only have a PC, or a tablet, some are good with their mobiles, some have limitations with their cell phones, some want to remain anonymous in the game, some don't mind using an application that reveals their identity, etc... etc... etc... etc...

That is why Facebook games have a major advantage over external games, because of the communication tools available to Facebook gamers. But not everyone want to use Facebook when playing outside Facebook.

I strongly believe that allowing us to select an external notification system for a specific thread will increase the activity in each world and make the game even more fun.

NOT FOR EVERY THREAD. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1094

Second idea: Allow us to make a thread global, that we can see in every world we play in.

NO!! We have "just" got rid of those annoying global-messages. Never shall they be allowed back...
(I still have nightmares about the 25 pages of messages that daily entered my inbox)

Edit : But yes to the first idea... some sort of notification throughout the worlds when you're needed in a specific world. Could be very useful... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Second idea: Allow us to make a thread global, that we can see in every world we play in.

NO!! We have "just" got rid of those annoying global-messages. Never shall they be allowed back...
(I still have nightmares about the 25 pages of messages that daily entered my inbox)

Keywords: "Let us decide"

DeletedUser2989

Hi Recksters,

Just so that people can see this idea(s) easier I'll move it to the ideas section of the forums. There is a format that will help us forward the idea to the devs (if it's popular enough) found here.

I like the first idea as it helps players that aren't playing on multiple worlds but rather using other apps/games. Having that option to be notified via other sources would be handy. :) +1

DeletedUser

Hello Tankovy,

Do you recommend I edit the first post to follow the ideas guideline?

Thanks for the support.

Reck

DeletedUser101887

Agree with idea of a better communication system

Yes we need a better notifiation thread for multi world players. Not everyone has fast PC that can take multi worlds open at the same time, but even if you have you would only know what is going on by constantly moving from world to another world.
Inno can you get rid of the neighbourhood chat icon as no one ever uses or looks there, when you have global and guild chat why would you need to talk to your hood mates. On my tablet I get notifications about collecting my goods so the facility is there already just need to change for us fighters on GVG.

DeletedUser15432

I also agree that the first option on this, i.e. notification of events for if not playing on that particular world as I play all fourteen EN servers, therefore a +1 from me on this section of the idea