• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I sense something dubious

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I have to be very generalized about this topic in order not to pinpoint individuals (not to name names), so, here it goes --

How can you tell whether somebody is playing tricks, or put plainly, straightout lying? I mean it is suspected (but not sure) that they have not a tinge of genuineness (sincerity) in their talks; they are just messing with your mind and secretly laughing at you for not being able to tell whether they mean what they say or not... in other words, laughing at your stupidity.

Admittedly, I myself say things that not accurately convey my intent or meaning; but that is because I am a foolish guy and do not know any better; I'm bullcrapping, bullpooping (because bull$t is a censored word), whereas the type of figure as mentioned above that I feel dubious about, they are highly intelligent (the Professor Moriarty type of figure) figures and are professionals psychologically (by my layman judgment).

Indeed, I read somewhere "bullcrapping is different from lying". Although the same article also says "bullcrapping is even worse and does even more harm than lying" because, the lier knows the truth, and purposefully deviate from the truth; the bullcrapper knows nothing at all. I did not assimilate that article further on because I did not agree with that viewpoint. I think lying is bad and bullcrapping is OK.

Or, am I just suffering paranoia? ...

And I know, without concrete data, not even Sherlock can solve the case.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I cannot do that (am incapable of doing that) because they are much much more intelligent than me and I cannot reproduce their "puns" and stuff and at the same time I cannot copy word by word and disclose what they say; because it was private conversation.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I should not have said "puns". Puns are good...
Rather, I cannot reproduce those "highly sophisticated traps they fabricate".

So far the "ignore" button works wonder; the reason I brought this up is that I don't want to wrong an innocent person.

And right there -- being nice -- it is also part of their "handle". It is as if they are trying to teach you (me) a lesson -- that the life is cruel and that a person should stop being nice.

Powe

Brigadier-General
I should not have said "puns". Puns are good...
Rather, I cannot reproduce those "highly sophisticated traps they fabricate".

So far the "ignore" button works wonder; the reason I brought this up is that I don't want to wrong an innocent person.

And right there -- being nice -- it is also part of their "handle". It is as if they are trying to teach you (me) a lesson -- that the life is cruel and that a person should stop being nice.
Let me guess. I'm on ignore now.

Emberguard

Legend
How can you tell whether somebody is playing tricks, or put plainly, straightout lying?
Well that's a difficult question to answer.

Biggest tell tale sign is how someone reacts when they're no longer getting their way or it's clear you can't be manipulated to a certain standpoint