• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I know I'm a new comer but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I have only been playing about a week give or take a few days so I am sorry if I step on any toes with what I have to say.

I signed up to the forums today and spent a good part of the day reading the guides, about the hierarchy for the forums and the last months of post. And I have to say good job. Heartfelt GOOD JOB!

Starting with the forum itself, it's just plain awesome that I can click a tab from the forum and go to the game and right click in game and get to the forum. I am ecstatic that if I post something I not only get a message that tells me when someone has responded but the message is a hyperlink so I can just click and see what the response is!! The fact that just about every aspect is customizable is truly a bonus. The layout is simple and easy to follow so finding information is pretty easy and you folks who are monitoring and answering questions seem to be pretty on top of it. I have only asked a couple of questions but I got acknowledgments fairly quickly and I have seen that when someone posts in a wrong section it is moved to the right section with out a dozen pages of people complaining its in the wrong section. This has to be one of the best set ups for forums I have seen.

As for the game I haven't seen much in the way of "the bugs" (nasty little critters!) a little delay here and there but nothing that has really interrupted my game play and trust me when I see a bug I lose all self control and smack it to death. I'm not sure what people mean by "stalled" if your talking about low/no space + low/no resources equaling having to concentrate on producing supplies & goods so you can research, gain territory, fight PvP and all the rest, well isn't that the game. I mean there really isn't any end game here the point is to gain as many points as possible to be the top player not who can get to the end of research first. I mean think about it once you get to the end of the Late Middle age what are you going to do if the next time line isn't out yet. That's when I will complain about stalling.

The other thing I would like to say is I also glanced through the older post and seems to me that bug bait (fixes) has been coming out pretty quickly. Information about the how, when, why, and even if's about fixes is constantly being addressed.

The last thing I want to say is to this. A lot of the posts often fall back to well it is a beta, so what did you expect or it's still beta so you can't expect much. I say puffffft! I think we can expect a bunch and if you look at the short history of this game the developers are doing great at meeting those expectations. I think the only thing you shouldn't expect is a polite response when your being rude and insulting. My suggestion to those folks is go back to Facebook where your rudeness is always rewarded with horseshoes or farm cash or whatever game you whined enough in that it taught you that being a complainer is how you get free stuff that you now have no place to put, didn't really want and now need 10 neighbors to click a on link you can only post every 4 hrs 100 times just to feed it, build it or expand it! ( sorry that wasn't nice, true, but not nice.)

For everyone else nice to meet you I hope they come up with a way to incorporate in game chatting it would be nice to have company while we sit in "stall".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2974

Hi Doorsey! Thank you so much for your kind words about the forums! I just recently became an Altruist (helper on the forum) and I must say that I love doing it. I agree that the forums here are one of the best I have ever seen for any game. They are very easy to navigate.

I also just want to thank you for the kind words about the game! It seems all we hear these days are people complaining that there's a little bit of lag, that supplies spoil, or that they run out of supplies too quick and want to be able to trade gold for it. But you're so right, that's just the game! It's interesting that you say you will complain once you get to the end of LMA. I think I might as well... Except for the fact that there is also this great community here on forums, and the fact that I can just stock up supplies and gold so that I can just buy the whole next Age up front. :) The only thing I might complain about is the fact that I can only hold 10 Forge Points, ha!

To your last big paragraph I say Amen! I haven't personally seen too many people complain since I got here (maybe 3 or 4) But those people were very rude about the game and didn't seem to understand that the things they complain about were what make the game a challenge not a hindrance.

It was very nice to read this post and to meet you Doorsey, and hope to see you more around the forums. I believe there is some talk about in game chatting by the way. I know it's an idea in the Ideas thread, so maybe you could stop by that thread and put your thoughts in. :)

Thanks!

DeletedUser

Well said both of you.
About the Beta comments, this is true to some extent, it is a beta and sometimes it is all you can expect. The development cycle needs priorities to be set, and I must say the developers do an excellent job of putting out updates, from what I've seen in the slightly longer time I've been here, but only a few weeks admittedly. Sometimes little bugs creep into a project, and it's hard to isolate them and fix them quickly. Most times the 'it's a beta' line occur though, is in exasperation to someone's continued criticism or repetitive comments about the same thing.
I agree it is by far the best forum I've seen for a game, including ones you have to pay for.

DeletedUser276

well thats a nice surprise :) Thanks for that. We try our best for getting things rolling here in the forums. We do have some experience in forum setups as I worked on other inno sites before. (archangel helped in some small way but we are still thinking about what that could possibly be) :D

Glad you are enjoying yourself. Enjoy the update on Monday... Though I dread the bugs that might be caused that they missed in the first screening.

DeletedUser3242

Hi, i'm new to this game, but how do you upgrade or change the buildings you already have placed? I've been looking around and haven't found "how to"

DeletedUser3223

"Please dont feed the trolls. We have had an outbreak of Reputation trolls who post in their signatures "if you like my post add rep". While endangered these trolls are a bane to any forum and must not be fed at all costs. In fact since they are obese trolls a diet is in order. Please De-rep any fat troll begging for scraps. Help curb the troll population in your neighborhood."

I think someone missed the point there, Blacksmith. Naming no names of course....begins with l.... and ends in okiju.:D:P

Oh please improve my rep by clicking on the star, please please... lol

DeletedUser2974

"Please dont feed the trolls. We have had an outbreak of Reputation trolls who post in their signatures "if you like my post add rep". While endangered these trolls are a bane to any forum and must not be fed at all costs. In fact since they are obese trolls a diet is in order. Please De-rep any fat troll begging for scraps. Help curb the troll population in your neighborhood."

I think someone missed the point there, Blacksmith. Naming no names of course....begins with l.... and ends in okiju.:D:P

Oh please improve my rep by clicking on the star, please please... lol

You know what I think is funny, Tearjerker, is that Blacksmith is almost begging for reputation himself in a sort of backwards way :P Don't you think? ;)

DeletedUser276

not really. I just wonder why you got him all sticky. unless you meant you will sic your cat on me.

DeletedUser2974

Haha, yeah I know... That was actually a signature I made like... 4 years ago? For a different game? Yeah... Wasn't so smart back then and far too lazy now to change it ;D

DeletedUser

I am also new and agree totally. Also, it seems that issues seemed to be fixed rather quickly. Silly validation diamonds issue, prime example. Blacksmith told me to do a support ticket, so I did and next day..BAM fixed :) Another point i'd like to make is that everyone seems to be pretty nice and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.