• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I give up

DeletedUser10851

I play on a PC. I have been playing FoE for a couple of years now. I have also, from time to time, dropped a few dollars into it when the right special deal would come up, but no more. Now I am a 100% "Free to Play" member of the community and here is why.

I must congratulate the FoE developers in their continuous effort to turn FoE into a "Kiddie" game by always fixing what never needed fixing, for adding something that was never asked for, treating gaming members as being to dumb, to stupid, to unintelligent to understand or figure out how to use something like the Construction Menu. That the developers feel this incredible need to waist time developing and installing something like the new Expansion Placement feature which they think enhances the game when the reality is that it inhibits along with the childish graphics that go right along with it. You sure can tell that the developers never actually play the game to see what kind of a pain-in-the butt half of what they think their genius minds come up with is actually garbage.

I also understand that, (hearing from guild mates) they have install an auto-move-building thing on mobile devices. You guys should hear the complaints on that. I'll leave that for them to post about.

So please keep up the errr work. As of now, a forever more, as a "Free to Play" FoE player, I will no longer comment, complain or say one word about whatever you developers develop for the game. I'll just let the growing number of "Free to Play" players speak.

Agent327

Overlord
I agree with you, but you neeed to take into account they have several development teams. Where the one team can't figutre out how to solve the bugs, the other team has time on it hands to come up with something stupid like tyhe new expansion placement.

DeletedUser111866

Hmm, they sorta retracted the change with expansikns on sale, as it had a burden of unbearable interface lagginess attached. So partly I must agree, they should test their stuff before deploying it, and adhere to testers while doing that. But, the community (or I might say entire humanity) is slowly drifting to kiddie state, thus if you still want money, you must give kiddies toys they like, or else they just find other toys. EVERY SINGLE GAME goes this way these days. Sad but true. Don't blame FoE devs for this, it's not their fault that people want easier lives.

DeletedUser

they need to do a lot oft hings, such as making the game actually fair, been put in a neighbourhood having just reached modern era, and all i get is plunder plunder plunder because of greedy and selfish players, which hinders my development, always the same selfish end game players who you can't beat, and the issues? oh yea lag just makes things infuriating after a few minutes, and the simple issue of getting plundered could be fixed if I could select a time frame for production that actually works around me, i barely go on because of the lag, but having to choose between 8h and 24h is why I get plundered, because none of those time-frames actually are suitable.
as for automove, having just reached double width roads etc, I wouldn't mind having the ability to just move everything around completely so I can fit stuff in.

DeletedUser10851

You know what the biggest joke is about these childish expansion fences and For Sale signs are. Do ya?

Hundreds of complaints have been made about all the mouse clicking folks have to do and keep asking for it to be reduced some how. So what do our intelligent devs do they ad more.

The old way for expansions:
#1 Click on the Hammer Icon to open the Building Menu
#2 Click on the Expansion Icon to see if you have any Victory, Diamond or Medal expansions. All you need to know is right there.
#3 Click on the "X" to close the menu.

The new fantastic way:
#2 Move mouse over to a Fence and click on that to get the pop-up which informs you that you have no Diamond, Victory or able to place Medal expansions
#3 Click on the pop-up "X" to close it.
#4 Click on the Building Menu to close that

Yes the devs know how to count..... and reduce mouse clicks. Yet another great game enhancement. Laughable.

DeletedUser

Well yes, clearly the devs do not actually have interest in making the game more smooth to play in that respect they rather choose for it to look glossy: no matter how viscous the performance or tidious to work around it.
Something simple as making it impossible to fight the same battle during the GvG and crash as a result..
That it is actually ever invented that way puzzles me.

Making it possibile to fixate the camera on the sector of action or the one prefered would be nice when scrolling or moving the mouse is barely possible at 20:00.

A seperate rogues tab would help a lot too for smoother selection of army during the GvG where time counts.
Shouldn’t be too hard to streamline those things better and making it a tad more convenient to even play GvG eventhough it is the ugly stepchild of FoE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
You know what the biggest joke is about these childish expansion fences and For Sale signs are. Do ya?

Hundreds of complaints have been made about all the mouse clicking folks have to do and keep asking for it to be reduced some how. So what do our intelligent devs do they ad more.

The old way for expansions:
#2 Click on the Expansion Icon to see if you have any Victory, Diamond or Medal expansions. All you need to know is right there.
#3 Click on the "X" to close the menu.

The new fantastic way:
#2 Move mouse over to a Fence and click on that to get the pop-up which informs you that you have no Diamond, Victory or able to place Medal expansions
#3 Click on the pop-up "X" to close it.
#4 Click on the Building Menu to close that

Yes the devs know how to count..... and reduce mouse clicks. Yet another great game enhancement. Laughable.

Old way still works, so you are overreacting.

dimondus

Captain
I also understand that, (hearing from guild mates) they have install an auto-move-building thing on mobile devices. You guys should hear the complaints on that. I'll leave that for them to post about.
Here is one - ITS HUGE PAIN! That constantly popping cross over every building is so annoying.
How often a player even moves his/her buildings? Once or twice per era that lasts 2-3 months? And setting productions happens 3-4 times a day.

Last edited: