• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

HTML5 - Ground texture missing

Calydor

Private
I will start by saying that I have a pretty crappy connection at 448/96 kbps. I am not mentioning this to beg for pity (though pity would be nice), but because it has caused issues with many other things in other games.

So, yesterday I realized the HTML5 client is actually a thing now and fired it up. Things loaded, slowly as they do for me, but the ground texture never appeared. Instead I have a black/dark blue texture everywhere there should be grass and trees and other pretty nature things.

Out of curiosity I set my cellphone up as a wifi hotspot and reloaded the game on that connection instead. Bam, ground texture. Went back to my normal net connection, reloaded the game in the belief that now the texture had at least been cached. Waited a while with the flat green loading texture and ... dark blue texture re-appeared.

I've tried turning on animations, and those load just fine - I have active buildings and deer and rabbits and birds and a dark blue background. Obviously this makes the clickables REALLY easy to spot, but I'd prefer having nice things to look at. Is this a caching issue? A timeout issue? I'm not sure, but it seems odd that the ground texture would be the only thing to NOT be cached - given the loading speeds when I refresh the window I am very very confident that everything else IS cached.

Just refreshed after writing all of the above. All buildings pop into existence immediately, definitely cached. Screen was faded for a while to load the 'Guild Expedition Over!' window. Ground had flat green texture. Cars and fish moving around on my roads. Ground turned black while screen was still faded.

Another reload, no fade this time as there was no window to load, ground starts green and turns black after ~2 minutes.

Calydor

Private
I'm afraid that wouldn't do much good. After many reloads, closing the browser and restarting etc., you know, all the basic troubleshooting, the ground texture eventually stuck around.

Still inclined to believe it's some sort of caching or timeout problem, though - but at least it's resolved on my end.