• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other HTML 5

DeletedUser4727

html5beta_logo.png
Hello Queens and Kings,

This thread is intended to gather feedback in regards to the HTML5 version of the game, which will become available soon after the update to the version 1.128 is completed.

As this is an important technical change for our game, please provide us with the following information when giving feedback in regards to this:
  • What browser are you using? (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Sarafi, Edge)
  • What operating system are you using? (Windows 10, Windows 7, Linux, MacOS)
  • Which part of the game are you referring to? (City, Guild Expedition, Research, GvG, etc.)
  • If you know, what kind of system are you playing the game on? (Memory, Processor, Graphics card)
  • How well is the game working for you?
  • When referring to something can be seen, a screenshot will be also very useful.

If you want, you can also open the game options and go to the "About" page. Here, you can use the "Copy to Clipboard"-Button to copy some helpful information into your feedback.

We are looking forward to seeing what you think! :)

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Playing on PC, using Chrome, Windows 7. Tried HTML5 and gameplay is slower. Everything that was instant before is like on delayed, I pressed buttons two or three times to see if I did something wrong.

Edit - I cleaned browser, as I should do for each new update, and the game sped up some. It is only slightly slower than i'm used to.

Last edited:

DeletedUser113882

1, Scroll bar for Guild chat is frequently tracking the mouse - meaning it's scrolling as I scroll, even if it's not selected ..

2, Lighting effect from random events on the map, are sometimes also lighting up open space, or trees/etc... I would love to screenshot, but as soon as you move / press a button, they stop (very intermittent)

1.128.4ea9d0a68d (11.06.2018 10:37), en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 8.1, Chrome/66.0.3359.181, 1304x702, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser113680

I'm on Chrome and can't even play at all anymore. Just get a black screen. Very sorry to see the game go off browser for me. Bye

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Running on windows 10 and Firefox.

The whole game is slower. Collecting this morning took ages and I gave up trying to collect recurring quests while doing it.

Very disappointing.

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
Safari, MacOS
text is a little blurry everywhere, the smaller the text (eg. in the global chat) the worse it is

pharl

Corporal
When I'm fighting (PvP or GE), sometimes the opposition units move to the bottom of the screen. When this happens they are nearly covered by the units bar at the bottom and it is hard to click on the opposition unit to attack it. I've moved to html version. Previously in the earlier version, I could resize the screen from 100% to 90% and it would shrink the screen and uncover the opposition unit. But now it doesn't - the whole screen shrinks, but the opposition unit remains covered.

Browser: Chrome
Mem: 8Gb
Processor: Intel core i5 4200U @ 1.6GHz
Graphics: Intel HD graphics family, 1686 mb
Dedicated video memory: 64mb

DeletedUser112071

Just changed and cannot copy and paste into the message boards using a mouse, only using the keyboard. Its quite annoying as I need to copy the same message to the odd person here and there.
Chrome - win 10 -

Last edited by a moderator:

car54

Private
My browser is K-meleon and using an intel core I7, 2.45 mgz, windows 8. Game takes forever to load, will jump when trying to move city around, unresponsive and sluggish. If this become norm then I'm in trouble. I have been playing FOE fo nearly 6 years and also purchased diamonds many times.

DeletedUser98451

Following the latest chrome update i've been trying the HTML5 version and its very disappointing. Gameplay is jerky and sluggish. Often when opening a gb any donors/fp's/rewards are invisible. During city collection the recurring quests go awol necessitating a refresh. More than half the taverns i visit show no tablecloths even though i know they're there somewhere.
I have now gone back to the flash version, hopefully HTML5 will improve in the very near future

Shad23

Emperor
just re-tryed html and html is still to slow for my old PC i realy hope they do somthing about it befor they force us all to use html to play FoE , i also hope i'll get the $$$ to buy me a new PC befor it hapens

DeletedUser15629

Until last night FoE was playing OK on my PC, through Chrome.
This morning FoE was so slow, it was virtually unplayable. Looked in Settings and saw the HTML5 box ticked. (Not seen it at all before this morning).
Un-ticked the HTML5 box, and the game plays normally again.
????

Emberguard

Legend
@Roobert de Cuestard the reason for HTML being developed had to do with Flash being announced it’d no longer be supported by the company that created Flash

Think of what happened to VHS when DVD and Blu-Ray came. Or what happened to Analog tv’s when we got Digital.

We can’t control what’s happening with Flash on the various browsers because we don’t own Flash or those browsers. So as the deadline gets closer to Flash being phased out you’ll find browsers will change how they interact with the game in preparation to dropping Flash altogether without us doing anything at all to the programming

So if you find your game suddenly switching to HTML that’d be the reason. It’s a browser issue not a game issue. You could try other browsers but I can’t guarantee whether they’d have the same problem at the current time. Even if you try other options and found they didnt it wouldn’t be long before they would

My advice: try the other browser options such as Firefox and Edge/Explorer using HTML anyway. See which one works best for your device for HTML while you still have the use of Flash rather then waiting for when you’ll only have HTML. That way when the time comes you know which browser to go to

The game now informs me at times it is running slow, and do I wish to turn off animations. Have not as it doesn’t seem a problem to me.

Also game will suddenly white screen and inform needs reloading, reload and go on. Most often when changing worlds.

Windows 10 updated , usually Chrome

Shad23

Emperor
i sometimes need to reload game on flash firefox my pc is to slow to use html i realy hope they do somthing about that for all the players who play on old pc's like me cause if they don't when they'll change it completely to html they'll loose all the players who like me play on an old pc

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
I have tried using html5 for about a week.
Used in Edge and Chrome.
The game crashes regularly, usually when I'm fighting so
this morning I went back to flash.
I hope inno sorts out the crashing before we loose flash.

DeletedUser

Windows 10 variety of browsers, general game play is ok but GvG really sucks

DeletedUser

have high end gaming PC windows 10,K-Meleon browser(fast and simple no junk),superfast broadband,this PC is only used for this game,graphics drivers are updated pronto,tried htm once it slowed everything down,no good
have had no problems with gvg and this setup only a shakey hand human error slows me down lol