• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How to Lose Friends and Upset People

Double collection:

When you level a gb you get to collect it immediately.

So, if you collect then level, you get to collect again.

Its considered bad etiquette to level a gb because a) they lose double collection b) puts it out of sync with the rest of them.

Depends on the person but "most" people only care when the gb gives personal goods or fp

Powe

Brigadier-General
Invested some 75 odd forge points into someone's Arc at about level 14 leveling it up. I didn't sneak in and take first place or even second, but rather third place, but I did get about 3000 medals. They went BALLISTIC! Apparently I shouldn't have because they could have leveled it themself and got double???

I really don't understand what I did wrong.

I dare say you will be able to tell me what I did wrong.
I would only care if it was Alcatraz or an FP GB.

r21r

Major-General
I still don't understand WHY one shouldn't level someones Great Building. I should have thought it was doing them a favour. Perhaps you can tell me what the impact is?
Because, some Great Buildings produce Supplies/Coins/Goods/ForgePoints every 24h
When you level 1 Great Buildings (as you did in your Case) that Great Building could have been left to be Collected before the user levels it, so he Collect's x2 times - 1 Before and 1 After.
As Veggie told !

r21r

Major-General
Yes better ask in any case
not that all of them will help or reply ,but ask for yourself =))

It has even been suggested to me that one should NOT invest in another
You should always invest in other players gbs, its the best way to get prints and medals. Only ask permission from guild members. Friends can be easily replaced and the neighbourhood comes and goes.

Investment when you can take a spot cheaper than the return is great, and remember to only put the minimum number of fp that is needed to secure a spot without anyone else being able to jump over you

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Transpires I'm not the only one to make this faux pas. Its very common among newer players, because we simply are not aware. We don't build Arcs or Terracotta Armies so don't know about the payouts and leveling timings. How could we? Even reading the Wiki left me none the wiser. Certainly players joining the game should be warned about the perils of "helping", as on the face of it that's what you're doing - helping someone to build their Great Building. Just never help too much!
Yes, a very common pitfall for new players.
Happened to me twice but luckily both players were understanding, explained why it's not the done thing and have even helped/advised me since.
This is why I now patiently explain the system to new players who do the same to me.
I've always thought it would help new players if established players posted a message in that box above their avatar (in the hood/friend list at the bottom of the screen) saying something like 'Please don't level GB...ask 1st before giving fps...' etc etc

I've always thought it would help new players if established players posted a message in that box above their avatar (in the hood/friend list at the bottom of the screen) saying something like 'Please don't level GB...ask 1st before giving fps...' etc etc
Who reads profile descriptions?

Last edited:
As cursedveggie mentioned (if you've read it :rolleyes:), it's not only the "double collection". If you level a GB, you push the collection time of that GB out of sync with the rest of the GB's. Most players like to collect from all their GB's at the same time of day. To put a leveled GB back in sync with the rest of the GB's, you have to hold off collection from that GB until it matches the rest of the GB's.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Who reads profile descriptions?
Well since it comes up as you hover over the picture, probably while aiding/tavern visiting, it will catch some people's attention, and if it helps a few new players from mistakenly stopping you losing a double collection then what's the harm?
Not everybody joins this game with an encyclopaedic knowledge of it's rules

Well since it comes up as you hover over the picture, probably while aiding/tavern visiting, it will catch some people's attention, and if it helps a few new players from mistakenly stopping you losing a double collection then what's the harm?
Not everybody joins this game with an encyclopaedic knowledge of it's rules
Thats only on pc. On the app you have to visit someone's city and then click on the city name in the top left corner. Without knowing about it most app players will never see a profile description

r21r

Major-General
When i have new friends, i send a message and i ask "only tavern - aid" no FP's on GB's unless messaged.
Ok there will be few people that will level your Great Building, as they did on my Traz, but they payed over 100FP's so i feel more happy than anything else.
My point is, ok, new people are always "greedy" for medals and prints, but also older people know how to protect theirselves.
When you accept a 10.000 or even 100.000 player as a friend, it is wiser to explain him, than complain to him.
That's my oppinion. Otherwise just don't add them, but i don't think that saying a word or two will hurt anyone...
Better safe than sorry :P