• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome

• Thread starter DeletedUser10276
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Giving you a free tour over to the guides section which might be the best location for this :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser9070

Good advice, but currently there's a bug with disabling flash plugins, it re-enables itself upon restarting the browser.
It has happened before and came back recently with latest update, gotta wait until they fix it.

DeletedUser10276

Xerk:
You are right, the issue seems to be already closed (https://codereview.chromium.org/10942018/),. Hope, it will be in released in next version.

There is a workarround I have tried:
1. Disable Flash plugins under chrome://plugins url
2. Download & Install Flash and Shockwave from adobe.com
3. Rename / delete .dll file in pepperflash locatiion
4. Restart Chrome
5. Check plugins -> disabled, check Flash version http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - actual

=> so, it works (till next update:-) )

But I understand, it sounds so risky, better to wait. But the FoE is without any crash so far.

DeletedUser

Just a note, this does not get rid of the issue completely. It helps, but you're still playing on a 32 bit browser, and eventually the memory usage will become high enough that it crashes.

DeletedUser6838

I did try this solution aswell months ago when it started to happen to me, but this is not a 100% fix as Slygoxx said. Also, i noticed that by disabling the internal flashplayer from chrome, the loading performance actually decreases noticeably, the pages take more time to load also, not sure if it happened to me only, but i started to get some visual gliches/mistakes after disabling, thus i decided to enable it again and deal with the crashes after every 40-60 town visits, well, a simple page refresh doesn't take long anyways =).

DeletedUser10276

Well, to be honest. I agree this doesn't fix the 'Blackcreen' issue either, like this:
attachment.php

Just one advantage I can see is that the browser doesn't crash accidentally and I am able to restart the Chrome browser till the crash would happen. I consider it like 'friendly warning without consequences' :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think that for windows 64 bit the best way to go is just use Waterfox, which is Firefox for 64 bit computers. It is able to run two screen of FOE at one time (two worlds), and crashes almost never. I have tried everything I could find with Chrome, but it just kept getting worse as the game gets more and more complicated.

DeletedUser

Cant log in i have adobe 11.6 installed and i get a stupid screen telling me i need 11.3 or higher, to inno games please develop with something better than freeware :)

DeletedUser10276

Guys,

please, keep in mind, this thread is supposed to be a GUIDE how to fix crashes in G-Chrome. I can believe, there is many other threads regarding the discussion about the best browser for FoE.

DeletedUser7719

Cant log in i have adobe 11.6 installed and i get a stupid screen telling me i need 11.3 or higher, to inno games please develop with something better than freeware :)
Try clearing everything. It worked for after I resetted my browser