• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How to FIGHT AND WIN WITHOUT LOSES!

DeletedUser

Hi again :D
I was wondering,what is the perfect tactic for fighting in FOE(Forge of Empires)?
And i got it!!! Eureka...
I'm playing with Iron Age unts and the best thing is to have all 8 Archers.
First and first they are long ranged units (can fight at distance)
and second is that they are cheap (for me,i don't know for you dudes),or fight with 2 soldiers and 6 archers.
That's my opinion,write if you think otherwise..:D

DeletedUser6461

The best tactics is to use the maximum long range weapons (if possible 8 of them together or 6 with medium range weapons) and keep them at two different sides of the starting grid (left side 4 and right side 4) this is an example about a model fight in HMA. New Picture (2).png

DeletedUser653

8 fast units would kill them all.

Theres no one troop, Personally the best for the age was and still is Archers. 8 archers is always pretty powerful and took me almost to the end of HMA and for many players they did all HMA with archers.

8 long range is a great defense once in a while but once attacker knows you have 8 long range he will use fast units and win, so use once every 3 nights maximum.

DeletedUser7719

well, I don't think balistas were that useful in your age; yea, 8 archers was the best way to go; but against 6 soldiers and 2 archers, I would use all fast units

DeletedUser6461

I will have to disagree to the point that "8 Archers are the best way to go" because in the actual battlefield, while defensing, the archers have a tendency to suicide and most of the times they will be lining up one by one in a queue, so it is very easy to kill them with any sort of long range weapon with a minimal loss by the second movement.
But, while attacking it has some effect due to the stealth feature (hide and seek attack) and it is better than most of its counterparts. However, I always love to play with 8 ballistas or 8 catapult or 8 trebuchet (as per the ages). the below picture emphasize this fact. Without loosing a single drop of blood, this battle is won. foe2.jpg

DeletedUser653

I tend to agree, archers in defense do tend to like the suicide route, but in attack they rock, 8 soldiers tend to be more logical in defending then those archers.

8 long range is pretty good till you come across 8 fast, I know in attacking 8 fast will bat 8 long range but i would like to see 8 fast defending and see if the AI uses logic to attack back or will just march up slowly taking hit after hit!

DeletedUser6461

Dear Hint, do u know one thing, yesterday, i fought against 8 great sword warriors with my 8 trebuchets, i have killed four of them and damaged the other one, but they all came very near to my trebuchet and i surrendered to avoid a heavy loss. However, if we get a terrain with lots of hills, ponds and bushes, we can kill all of them, that's a long way though.

DeletedUser

yeah i agree with you
i'll try with 4 ballistas and 4 archers...
Tnx :D

DeletedUser

Hate to use the WoW analogy here but 2 tanks and rest long ranged dps always worked for me.

DeletedUser15432

I have come across 6 fast and 2 light melee in defence and they tend to get massecred by the catapults, however, that might be because I have 50% bonus on attack and defence, just reached HMA, might find it difficult to be LMA units with catapults but have managed it. Catapults and mercenaries are a good defence, horse troops are just cannon fodder whichever way you look at them, they are too big and too expensive in regards to city space, for a single horse stable you can get one or two other buildings in the same space