• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

how to destroy buildings you dont want

Was there supposed to be a ? after Quests ... buildings? My quests don't ask me to place buildings. If I win them I either place them where I want them or just leave them in the inventory (usually forget about them).
Quests do ask you to place buildings.
For instance quest #18 in the current event: "Build 1 cultural building from your age OR Build 2 cultural buildings from the previous age"
Or quest #26: "Build 1 production building from your age OR Build 2 production buildings from the previous age"
Quests like these are quite common...

Agent327

Overlord
Was there supposed to be a ? after Quests ... buildings? My quests don't ask me to place buildings. If I win them I either place them where I want them or just leave them in the inventory (usually forget about them).

Quest 33:

• Cal Rogers: "Build 2 residential buildings from your age OR Build 3 residential buildings from the previous age"

How many do you need?

But, Agent, aren't your contradicting yourself now?
The original question was "how to destroy buildings you dont want"
And you replied: "If you don't want them why do you have them?"
But now you agree that sometimes you have to build stuff you don't want.

Isn't is a fair question to ask how to destroy buildings you don't want, if you don't know how to do it?
Why attack people for asking questions instead of just giving them the answer, if you know it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser118860

Quest 33:

• Cal Rogers: "Build 2 residential buildings from your age OR Build 3 residential buildings from the previous age"

How many do you need?
Yes I do get quests that ask me to build buildings which I don't necessarily do but not to place buildings that I have in inventory which I didnt think was the same thing. Build, place, construct, erect, position, etc. Anyway what was the question again?

DeletedUser110131

Self evident?

Quests ask you to place buildings. Do you want those?
Yes. I need to place them in order to complete the quest. I want to complete the quest. Therefore I also want place the buildings, i.e. to have them in my city. Of course, I don't want them for very long. As soon as the quest is completed, things have changed. It's that temporal thing I was talking about. I no longer need the buildings, and therefore I no longer want them.

The state of wanting to do something is an integral part of the act of actually doing that thing. No one ever does anything they don't want to, simply because doing so is impossible. This is self evident; it follows from the meaning of the words being used. The only exceptions are things that aren't under the individual's control at all, and therefore aren't truly the doings of the individual, such as results of physical force (e.g. tied up and carried away, stumbling and falling), reflexes and ticks.

If someone puts a gun to your head and demands your wallet, you don't have to give it to him/her. You'll probably decide that, all things considered, it's the best choice for you, and you want to do the best for yourself, so you'll want to hand over the wallet. In fact, if someone comes around and tries to stop you from handing it over, you'll probably fight them, just so you can give your wallet to the robber. You want it so much that only physical force will prevent you.

Quests, of course, are much easier to avoid than the gravity that causes a fall after stumbling. They even place less pressure on you than an armed robbery does. There's absolutely no way a quest can make you do anything you don't want to do.