• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How long do you keep old goods buildings.

Dead-Eye

General
I am in the LMA and got rid of my bronze and iron age goods buildings as I saw no use for them and needed space to startGB,s. Will I need any goods from these ages as I further progress?

DeletedUser104881

Yes you will need some goods to construct GB's such as Observatory and Temple of Relics, but you should be able to trade down for the goods you need if that is the case.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I am in the LMA and got rid of my bronze and iron age goods buildings as I saw no use for them and needed space to startGB,s. Will I need any goods from these ages as I further progress?
Depending where you are in the LMA Tech Tree you'll need 150 Limestone, 140 Ebony, 100 Iron, 130 Cloth and 140 Jewelry to research various LMA technologies.
As Dudettas stated above, it is worth keeping enough BA goods to construct both Obs and Zeus if not already done so and enough IA goods for ToR and LoA.
Finally, some of the Sectors on the Campaign Map require both BA and IA goods to Negotiate ownership. So it depends if you typically negotiate or fight your way through the map as to whether you need goods to conquer Sectors; it's probably worth keeping some aside for this as Event quest lines frequently call for you to Negotiate Sectors rather than conquer by fighting.

DeletedUser108047

Depends on your game play and objectives.
If you are just looking to improve your score ranking then you should trade up asap. You can usually trade down 1 or 2 era for goods if you need them.
If you are in a guild and are a farmer then having a range of goods buildings is a good team benefiting strategy
Of course you can always rebuild a goods building from an earlier age if you determine that you have the boost for a rare good. Not all goods are equal - some are less common than others.
In later eras - from ME onwards you'll need goods from two ages below to make current age goods so one strategy is to have the goods buildings from two ages below - or you have goods producing GBs
If you are buying higher era goods for fps you will need low era goods to complete the trades so if you are chasing above age GBs having BA and IA goods can be useful

DeletedUser110195

Goods of an age stay relevant to research for 3 ages past their own, but you should build a significant stock of everything from colonial up, as stated by Dane, they're used in production of goods in modern era and up, but also if you negotiate at all on the continent maps you'll occasionally see provinces asking for very old goods that you may have to trade down several steps to get, if you didn't save anything at or one up/down from.

DeletedUser110195

How does one buy FPS with higher age goods?
That's how people much lower than the age of a GB they've completed the blueprint for get the goods to build it: In exchange for taking at least 5 severely unfair trades, the lower age player then puts an agreed upon number of forge points on specified GBs.