• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How friendly are the players in your neighborhood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm just curious as to how often people use the in-game mail system to start any friendly conversations with people in your neighborhood (and I can't even type that without hearing the Sesame Street song in my head). And I mean random people, not just your guild-mates.

I've had a couple of brief conversations with people that wrote to me to discuss getting plundered by me, but any time I've tried to start my own conversation with anybody, I get no response at all. Zero. Now, you might think that because I am a PvP-er maybe everybody in the neighborhood is mad and don't want to talk to me (but even so, I might expect at least one `go away` reply). However, the last time our neighborhood had a merge, I wrote a nice welcome letter to the top 10% or so of the new players and I still had no answer from any of them. So I'm curious if this is fairly common or it's just the people on my server.

Not being able to either trash-talk or encourage other players makes the game a bit depressing to play, but if people are happier being treated totally like a `bot I guess I can do that.

DeletedUser

Hey Eqqman,

Between my guildmates I nearly always get a response back (including the ones in my neighbourhood).
I've also communicated with some neighbours and most of them contacted me back.

I think that the problem might be that there is a bit of hostility towards you if you're a PvPer, but most of all, a plunderer. It's unlikely they'll tell you to 'go away', and merely just choose to ignore you after an attempt to converse. You'll probably get a 'go away' response (or worse) if you'd continuously 'poke' them with messages though. :p

- L

DeletedUser

Well, I sort of expect the old-timers to be a little less friendly since they are either in direct competition with me or getting plundered by me. It was a surprise though that brand-new players in the neighborhood give the same response (or lack thereof) when their only interaction with me so far is a friendly letter.

I have actually debated not plundering the people in the neighborhood who have no chance of defending themselves from me, but the non-PvP medal awards don't justify the expense of housing and maintaining an army. I basically need loot from the weaker players to subsidize my losses and boost my decreased gold & supply output from having fewer buildings sourcing those materials, but that problem is a discussion for a different thread.

DeletedUser7838

I haven't either sent out or received many messages at all, so I guess I'm contributing to the unfriendliness of neighbourhoods. :p I've replied to all the messages I've gotten, though, so at least I can say that for myself.

DeletedUser

I haven't started any conversations myself, but my neighbourhood turned out to be a very friendly place and I have quite a few buddies there now. Enough in fact that I don't have to fear plunders anymore :) Very nice fellows. I do respond to all mails I get, and it has certainly paid off. The guys get their points since I keep a good army up just for them, and I get to live without fear of my goods being stolen :D

DeletedUser

Good to know at least some people are able to make non-Guild friends!

DeletedUser7008

I will chat to anyone unless they are abusive like one little boy in my neighbourhood.

DeletedUser653

I plunder everyone in my groups but still talk to many and help them out with city layout, trading or just general advice. We have even shared out towers when one of us was away so that we could take it easy and not have to fight for too many points.

Most players are decent guys/girls.

Only thing i do not like is friend invites from someone I have never spoke to, and always ask why and then later have always refused.

Status
Not open for further replies.