• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How Every Building Looks Like

Surge

Brigadier-General
How Every Building Looks Like is a new thread I wanted to start a while ago, but never got to do so because of the lack of time to do so. It is a time-consuming process and requires precision to get the best shots. Heck, these shots are still not precise, so I am calling out to every person who wishes to volunteer to make a good shot. All I ask for is to move all buildings to the side so that ONLY the building is visible in the picture. Tiny chunks of other buildings and connecting roads are ok. I do not want the "Broken Link" or the "Moon Idle" signs above the buildings. A tutorial on uploading pictures will be in the next post.

Stone Age

Yes, Stone Age. Are you laughing?

All Stone Age pictures by me

Town Hall

x3R8A.png

Other Buildings

Hut

BaOcT.png

Hunter

BNt6a.png

Obelisk

0qt1y.png

Tree

8NBFI.png

Memorial

YlaYq.png

Trails

CCUFR.png

Bronze Age

Town Hall

Nj1aR.png

Iron Age

Town Hall

1k6dl.png

Early Middle Age

Town Hall

P7qAz.png

High Middle Age

Town Hall

C5lEf.png

Late Middle Age

At least a Town Hall, anyone?

WORK IN PROGRESS! MORE PICTURES WILL BE ADDED!!

Last edited:

Surge

Brigadier-General
Tutorial on How to Upload Screenshots

1. Be sure you meet the following requirements for an acceptable shot:
-No idle or broken link sign above the building
-No other building in the screenshot (road connections and tiny chunks of other buildings are acceptable)
-Clear, perfect, beautiful shot
-A decoration or Cultural Building cannot have the "Boost Star" above it
-If you are trying to make a picture of the roads, the optimal road length is 4-6. After building them, reload the page, as the edges of the road seems ghostly, or transparemt

2. After meeting those requirements, move your cursor away and press "Print Screen" on your keyboard, located at the top-right corner of your keyboard.

3. Go to Microsoft Paint and paste the saved screenshot by pressing CTRL + V, or by Right Click -> Paste.

4. Select the Selection tool and select only the building being intended to be presented. Enclose it so that only the building is present, and nothing else is in sight. Note that roads and tiny chunks of other buildings are acceptable.

5. Save the selected picture by pressing CTRL + C, or by Right Click -> Copy.

6. Deselect the selected area of the screenshot, and Right Click -> Select All, then press the Del or Backspace key on your keyboard.

7. On the corner of the entire frame of Microsoft Paint, Left Click-Hold, and drag the corner to the smallest possible dimension.

8. Paste the small picture that was copied, and save the file.

9. Go to Imgur.com and upload the picture. Note that an account is not needed. (The reason why Imgur.com is used is because it is open to pretty much every country in the world, unlike sites such as imageshack, which is an American site, and other countries cannot view the pictures uploaded there.)

10. Private message me the link to the picture with the name of the building and preferably the type of building (cultural, decoration, production, etc.). After that, I will post it to the Original Post (OP) and include your username with it.

Last edited:

Surge

Brigadier-General
Edit Drop-In

-Corrected, and added a few rules to the tutorial
-Added all Stone Age pictures
-Improved Spoilers

DeletedUser

please put a bloody "Spoiler Warning" on yer thread title :D, and Feraralive, what's with that Sorry, what title of your post??

Surge

Brigadier-General
There are a lot of spoiler buttons. And if I were to do so, I cant, the edit feature does not allow me to change the title anymore...

DeletedUser176

Sorry to disappoint you at this point already, but images per post are limited to 36. So either you start splitting up the thread into numerous posts or stick some images together, which results in really huge images ;)

On the other hand, if you really can't wait for the later images, I leave you with some links to my FAQs in the german forums, where you can find -almost- all the buildings in downsized form:

- Redundant Spoiler Alert -

As for the last town hall, it looks like this: http://en1.forgeofempires.com/assets/gfx/H_SS_LateMiddleAge_Townhall.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser176

No, but 4 should do it. I've saved most of the images from the servers, very few still missing, and I'm at 121 images.
Plus Techtree and Troops, but if you want to include them too add 127 ;)

DeletedUser

On Windows...

[Users]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

You've got all the images there (well at least those that you have encountered once).

DeletedUser176

Did you try that? I fetched the URLs via Cache in Chrome, but that folder you mentioned doesn't have stored a single image of the game, after of course I ran through IE.