How do you identify the guild founder

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Xenophon the Prophet 576, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Xenophon the Prophet 576

Xenophon the Prophet 576 Private

Hi, I've only been playing FOE for a couple of months and I am relatively happy with the guild that I have joined. It currently has 80 members and trading is pretty good and I am starting to get to know the others in the guild. The only issue I have is that none of us can advance in the GE beyond level 1 as the guild founder is MIA. I don't think any of us actually know who the founder is even though the question has been asked to all of the guild members in an open discussion several times. As there are a number of us who would like to go beyond level 1 of GE, it seems pointless to donate to a guild when there is no founder to unlock the other levels. I tried private messaging the player with the highest points in our guild thinking perhaps she would know but got no response. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Richard of shaw

Richard of shaw Major

I was in a guild like that when I started and stayed because I didn't know any better. Just change and be done with it.

3. Skott Ravenfyre

Skott Ravenfyre Major

Hello and welcome. :)

If you go to your guild page (and then click the “Members” tab if you’re on PC), you’ll see a list of all the members with symbols to the right of their name.

Anybody with a highlighted crown symbol is a founder of the guild. Anybody with a highlighted star symbol is a leader of the guild. Both of those can unlock GE levels.
    Here’s a list of the symbols and what they mean:
    https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_rights

For example, you can see here that I have all the icons highlighted (brighter) except the founder one. So you can tell I have Leader rights in my guild, but not Founder rights:
    519B5DDB-EDB5-4ECF-908F-73D45732457C.jpeg

When all the founders of a guild are inactive for 30 days, the next highest ranked player in the guild is automatically reassigned as the new founder. And no, Game Support can’t tell you how active or inactive your founders are - privacy policy.

Of course you have a couple of options. Wait around 30 days from now, armed with this new information, and wait to see if a new founder is reassigned (if not then the founder is obviously active and simply ignoring everyone, for whatever reason). Or leave and find a guild that is more active and serious about GE. Personally, I’d leave and find a new guild, or I’d be missing out on a lot of good stuff from GE, like forge points, diamonds and those awesome Terrace Farms.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Vesiger likes this.
  4. Xenophon the Prophet 576

Thank you so much Scott! I went and checked the members and the founder was not who I expected at all. She has been ignoring the guild members even before I had joined a couple of months ago even though she is still active. If this is the case I will take both yours and Richard's advice and find another guild.

renadia likes this.
  5. Zubizarus

Zubizarus Private

Xenophon the Prophet 576 I would advise checking upon the new guild before joining, one way would be to simply contact one of them leaders and ask your questions, check on the GuilD Profile how many crowns they got so far in GE, ask them how important is GE for them etc.

6. Xenophon the Prophet 576

Thanks Zubizarus for your advice. My new guild is so much better. They are active in GE and have swap and trade treads. I am so much happier now that I have changed guilds!

Vesiger likes this.
  7. Skott Ravenfyre

Skott Ravenfyre Major

Glad to hear it. :)
    Stagnant guild not only hurt themselves, but they also hurt the players who are in them.

renadia likes this.
  8. renadia

renadia Private

I experienced the same and found a great new guild and have progressed so mich in a short while, I am now able to go up to level 4

9. Xenophon the Prophet 576

At the moment, my army is not very good (just entered a new age), so can only do up to level 2. But can't wait till I can get up to level 4 though!

10. Skott Ravenfyre

Skott Ravenfyre Major

Attacking level 4 is insanely difficult, even with boosts. You’ll go further if you farm goods to negotiate, using the extra turn boost in the tavern. :)

11. Xenophon the Prophet 576

thanks Scott, but I'm really, really BAD at negotiating! lol

12. Snarko

Snarko Private

Not as much in the early ages. In HMA with 22%/12% boost I can do 10 of the lvl 4 encounters. I usually don't bother, you have to fight slow and methodically and sometimes reset if the map is not favorable. Negotiating is faster but fighting can be done.

I don't remember exactly but I believe I started fighting 63 of the 64 encounters when I had 24%/24% in my second city (also HMA), with no losses.

What it does require is rogues. Rogues, patience, time and experience. Without alcatraz you can't afford to lose (many) rogues, so you have to fight in a way that keeps them alive, which means super careful. That means very long fights, thinking through every step and understanding exactly what the AI will do at any given time.

13. Xenophon the Prophet 576

Thanks Snarko, I only just managed to get my first rogue hideout and don't have an Alcatraz (working towards it though). So at the moment, happy to complete level 2 until my city is better equipped for fighting.