• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How do I cancel a boost?

RogerHolmes

Private
I boosted my supplies in the Friends Tavern for 24 hours. I no longer need this but do need to reduce the rate of the merchants but the game is demanding money(diamonds) to activate 2 boosts at once. I dont have 50 diamonds and am certainly not going to pay out real money to get them. I do not need two boosts at once.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
I boosted my supplies in the Friends Tavern for 24 hours. I no longer need this but do need to reduce the rate of the merchants but the game is demanding money(diamonds) to activate 2 boosts at once. I dont have 50 diamonds and am certainly not going to pay out real money to get them. I do not need two boosts at once.
Two boosts at once?
If this is a challenge, two boosts can be completed within the time requirements a challenge exists. First activate one short boost and then a 24 hour boost to honour that kind of challenge. Or not accept the challenge at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

legend9182

Major-General
Two boosts at once?
If this is a challenge, two boosts can be completed within the time requirements a challenge exists. First activate one short boost and then a 24 hour boost to honour that kind of challenge. Or not accept the challenge at all.

Why not both short

RogerHolmes

Private
Janet and legend9182,

I can select a 60% boost with 24hour duration, or a shorter boost with a smaller boost. I don't think you can get a 60% boost with a shorter duration.

Paliadic te pure,

That is the way to get two boosts at once, which is not what I wanted. I just wanted to relinquish the first boost early, if I am willing to forgo the benefit of the boost why should the game force me to benefit from it when I don't want to. Poor user interface design, like the dialog which is presented after creating an offer to do a trade, there is just one button sayings 'sounds good' but there is no cancel button. WIth only one option the dialog is pointelss, not just that bit if you have made a mistake the only way to cancel it is to go to the list of offers and cancel it there.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
That is the way to get two boosts at once, which is not what I wanted. I just wanted to relinquish the first boost early, if I am willing to forgo the benefit of the boost why should the game force me to benefit from it when I don't want to. Poor user interface design, like the dialog which is presented after creating an offer to do a trade, there is just one button sayings 'sounds good' but there is no cancel button. WIth only one option the dialog is pointelss, not just that bit if you have made a mistake the only way to cancel it is to go to the list of offers and cancel it there.
It is not poor user interface - it is designed to give you an option without allowing you to take advantage of the option. Giving you a 60% boost that you only want for 10 minutes is taking advantage of the design. You can take a lower boost for a lower cost, or take the higher boost for a higher cost - which also entails a higher cost in time. If you want to take advantage of a 'get-rich-quick-scheme' by using the 60% boost for only a few minutes and then switching to something else - then there is a penalty involved - which is the diamond cost. The interface, as it is created, is done in line with most of the rest of the design of the game, which is to take your time. You click on something too quick - that is the fault of the user, not the game or the design. Live and learn.