• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How come one player

DeletedUser

Complained about his new hood and was switched?
Why? Please Inno tell us the rest of the players on this server why this player gets preferential
treatment?

DeletedUser653

Players normally got refrused even when a IA player turns up in a FE hood, so this is special - more details please

DeletedUser100065

Neighbourhoods can be reassigned if they are significantly unbalanced. For example 5 Iron age players in a FE hood. As we all know the system isn't perfect so occasionally steps are taken. It is a measure we don't tend to take unless there is significant imbalance in the neighbourhood but it's not unheard of. Obviously individual cases won't be discussed on the forums but if you feel you warrant a change then please do contact support. https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guide-how-to-contact-support.31480/

DeletedUser109226

Did anybody else ask to be switched?
Yes, I asked to be switched. There are "problems" with the player captnchuck is referring to that have been brought to Inno's attention, and consistently written off as "oh, change your harvest schedule and ignore the bot-like plundering". I asked to be moved out of the neighborhood and was told "no" and that what happened with other players is confidential.

As background, there is a consensus on Noarsil that this player has significant irregularities: bot-like plundering (which has been reported to Inno but "pooh-poohed"), armies multiple levels beyond the city's level, and preferential treatment by Inno. The player related his/her displeasure at being out of the neighborhood (a fact observed by numerous "residents") and the fact that he/she was moved back because of a fault in the re-distribution mechanism.

What am I to think?

DeletedUser

we need more details

It is one of the top players on the server. We are told not to name names so I will not just he is a big bimbo.
He sent Pms to others asking if they would ask for a switch because the way the sorting went he would have to actually
do work himself and could not plunder his way to the top. Others have asked to be moved and have been told no. We have asked
you to look into his irregularities and been told no. I went from #9 on server to outside top 25 due to this jerk and still you cater to him.
Reminds me why I stopped playing the last time. You cater to a select group of players, either the ones who spend money via diamonds or the out
right cheaters who you refuse to acknowledge .

DeletedUser109222

Neighbourhoods can be reassigned if they are significantly unbalanced. For example 5 Iron age players in a FE hood. As we all know the system isn't perfect so occasionally steps are taken. It is a measure we don't tend to take unless there is significant imbalance in the neighbourhood but it's not unheard of. Obviously individual cases won't be discussed on the forums but if you feel you warrant a change then please do contact support. https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guide-how-to-contact-support.31480/
My hoods been ok for the most part until this week when 5 or 6 players showed up that are MILLIONS of points and ages ahead of everybody else. Then the player in question here, after attacking and plundering, complains and gets moved , yet we don't get our goods back. I am glad he is gone but he never should have been in the hood in the first place along with a few more.

DeletedUser

I have a very serious question. this was a new server . How is it that the two top people are so far ahead
of everyone else?There is what you people
at Inno should be looking at. They are double the next closest position. Please explain this to me.

DeletedUser100065

I have a very serious question. this was a new server . How is it that the two top people are so far ahead
of everyone else?There is what you people
at Inno should be looking at. They are double the next closest position. Please explain this to me.

There are ways of speeding up your progress through the tech. I can't and won't discuss individuals but I am sure someone will be kind enough to give you the answer to how someone can get so far ahead on a new server. The issue with the new servers is that some people progress so much faster than others. These faster paced players then can not fit into any neighbourhoods as there's not enough of them to make one balanced neighbourhood. The system then tries to place them in as close a hood as possible, sadly it often doesn't succeed and that's where issues arise.
I may be wrong but it looks at the moment like Korch is starting to level out a bit with the neighbourhoods (excluding a few cases) so any server after that is prone to having some mismatched hoods.

DeletedUser109222

There are ways of speeding up your progress through the tech. I can't and won't discuss individuals but I am sure someone will be kind enough to give you the answer to how someone can get so far ahead on a new server. The issue with the new servers is that some people progress so much faster than others. These faster paced players then can not fit into any neighbourhoods as there's not enough of them to make one balanced neighbourhood. The system then tries to place them in as close a hood as possible, sadly it often doesn't succeed and that's where issues arise.
I may be wrong but it looks at the moment like Korch is starting to level out a bit with the neighbourhoods (excluding a few cases) so any server after that is prone to having some mismatched hoods.

The problem with this player isn't hood placement ( that's not his fault) or high score, per say, (he spends a lot of $$ good for inno and us) but with the plundering. In my case he was only in my hood long enough to attack and plunder. If he hadn't of plundered me I would not of known he was ever there. But from what I've heard from more than one other player it is the robot olike speed at which he attacks in plunders no matter how production schedules are changed.
Also, the way he, and a few others, act like complete bullies when they know that much lower age hoodies can't retaliate.
If he wasn't such an A. hood placement wouldn't be such a big deal. If inno feels the need to include multi MILLION point players in a hood where the majority are less than 1 million points you need to stop the constant plundering. Let's face it the game is played for fun. It is not fun to be bullied by a player that is so far advanced you have no chance at retaliating. Attack and plunder between equally matched players is fine and part of the game. Between players millions of points and ages apart is not. Inno is hurting the game by allowing this to happen. I won't invest $ or time into a game to be bullied.

DeletedUser

Plus fix the exploit they are all using. The stupid 7 rouge and a regular unit attack. any 5 year old could
beat it so the Ai should be able too as well. Been over 5 years I think that is enough time.

DeletedUser

As to retaliation. I have attacked him several times and have sat on his city and I have never been able to plunder one coin from him

DeletedUser108179

At the end, this all amouts to one thing only. Not progress of one particular (or two) players having bought an age of tech with diamonds. Not the "stupid" 1 troop 7 rogues tactic. Not about unable to retaliate. All it is it always zoomes down to the plundering.
If you have a structured town, streamline and synchronise all buildings (coins, supplies, goods, GB's) to one particular time a day - collection is done in a flash of a few seconds. Who can plunder then ? The game gives everyone the possibility to avoid plundering, if players do not make use of it so who is to blame ? I don't think INNO.
No one can tell me that - for example - 20 seconds at breakfast in the morning are not possible.
If nothing to plunder, then complaining and moaning and whining about it isn't happen.
Many forget that this is a fighting game, PvP, GvG, and all is build around that.
Else might well go and play Farmville on a wellknown social media site.

DeletedUser109096

At the end, this all amouts to one thing only. Not progress of one particular (or two) players having bought an age of tech with diamonds. Not the "stupid" 1 troop 7 rogues tactic. Not about unable to retaliate. All it is it always zoomes down to the plundering.
If you have a structured town, streamline and synchronise all buildings (coins, supplies, goods, GB's) to one particular time a day - collection is done in a flash of a few seconds. Who can plunder then ? The game gives everyone the possibility to avoid plundering, if players do not make use of it so who is to blame ? I don't think INNO.
No one can tell me that - for example - 20 seconds at breakfast in the morning are not possible.
If nothing to plunder, then complaining and moaning and whining about it isn't happen.
Many forget that this is a fighting game, PvP, GvG, and all is build around that.
Here we go...other hardcore armchair warrior promoting Farmville :lol: and FoE it's a strategy game!

DeletedUser109222

Those strategies are all fine and sound good in theory but not everyone has a stet schedule and not all building produce at the same rates. And you wouldn't think that a player would be able to plunder as production finishes but I've heard more than 1 complaint about one particular player who seems to be able to plunder within a few minutes of production finishing no matter how it is changed, even plundering as the goods where being collected. I'm all for fighting and plundering if done fairly between equal players, that is all good and fun, but NOT from players ages ahead of you that should not be in your hood. For the most part higher level players do seem to be respectful with the exception of a few bimbos who take advantage of the situation.
At the end of the day this is a game played for fun, it is all fun and good to play between equals, it is not fun to be bullied by super aggressive players, and make no mistake that is what some of these players do. I suspect they get away with it since they spend a lot of $$$ but on the flip side I spend less because of it.