• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How are you doing?

DeletedUser

I just broke the 20,000 score mark. How is everyone else coming along?

DeletedUser

Very nice, I'm not sure how long I've been playing, but also no diamonds. Are you number 1 on your continent?

DeletedUser

Since 2 minutes, I am the number 1 ^^

It's really difficult to stay number 1 when you can win thousand of points thanks to quests.

DeletedUser

Good job :D I have been number one for a while now on mine. The closest person is over 7000 score away from me currently.

I am stuck on my quest at the moment. I built faster than the quest line so now I had to get ANOTHER military unit :(

DeletedUser

I'd just complete the research for Horseback riding. Now i'm trying to conquest a territory protected by iron age troops. Balista are scaring to me ^^ I will try tommorow :p

DeletedUser

ahah ^^ Use the bonus of defense of forest, use your slinger... yeah, that's hard.

DeletedUser

Im stuck to, one legionnaire can kill 2-3 of my SF if im unlucky XD

DeletedUser

Slinger can make huge damage to the legionnaire.

But... the real problem is when you are against 3 balista XD

DeletedUser38

Hehe hello guys, Im already late compared to most of you xD. I just got some horsemans... They are not as good as I expected. Roughly, where are you at?

DeletedUser

Pff,, im still stuck with my heroic spearfighters.
Currently working on starting my lumber production. I need to trade something to gain other goods... and since this is the only thing i can produce atm :P

Slingers seem to be quite strong hmm? Maybe i should build them next?

DeletedUser

They're good against "big bad guys" ^^ But if the opponent has "ballisters", they won't live for a long time...

DeletedUser

They are good as ranged attack, but their defense is quite low.

DeletedUser

I already thought so,
is the following true:

Ranged infantry strong VS Melee infantry
Cavalry strong VS Ranged infantry
Melee infantry strong VS cavalry

Something like that? I understand there are a lot of soldiers i havent seen or even know of, so it for certain isnt spot on.
And do all of you guys do the fights manual? I did one automatic, and got quite good results, if i say so.

DeletedUser

I already thought so,
is the following true:

Ranged infantry strong VS Melee infantry
Cavalry strong VS Ranged infantry
Melee infantry strong VS cavalry

Something like that? I understand there are a lot of soldiers i havent seen or even know of, so it for certain isnt spot on.
And do all of you guys do the fights manual? I did one automatic, and got quite good results, if i say so.

Take a look at these statistics for military: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?170

- Light Melee gets an attack bonus versus Cavalry
- Short Range (slingers, archers) gets an attack bonus versus Heavy Melee
- Cavalry gets an attack bonus versus Short Range
- Heavy Melee gets an attack bonus versus Light Melee
- Long Range (stone throwers, ballistas, etc) get an attack bonus versus Heavy Melee as well

DeletedUser

Thank you!

I already saw that post somewhere, but couldnt find it again.
But now i can look at it again, might be useful.

Awesome!

DeletedUser

I'm getting along, lol.

Rank #9 on my continent. I suck badly so yeah ^^.