• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How are PvP points determined?

DeletedUser

How are PvP points determined?

Eg. You fight against units: 2 BA, 2 IA, 2 EMA.

Another fight is against units: 4 IA, 2EMA.

Let's say I deliver damaging blows, and kill the 2 BA units.

In the 2nd fight I deliver the same number of damaging blows to 2IA units, but they survive.

Which scenario gives the most points.

Or is it down to the damage I sustain, that determines the points?

Has anybody worked out the formula?

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Every unit from every age has a points value attached. Your score after a PvP battle is determined by the total score of all the units you defeated minus points for any damage taken to your units in doing so.

Click Here to see what each unit's point value is.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Every unit from every age has a points value attached. Your score after a PvP battle is determined by the total score of all the units you defeated minus points for any damage taken to your units in doing so.

Click Here to see what each unit's point value is.

That is a very good chart.
I thought 'okay... I understand', and then I calculated the battle I'd just fought.

Perhaps you or another might explain how I won the points, after such a miserable victory (LOL).

I'd fought this person yesterday, and planned my army accordingly, but of course he could have modded the defense....
.... and he had modded his defence.

Enemy:

2B............340 @ 170 - Dead
3MA..........840 @ 280 - Dead
3L.............450 @ 150 - Dead

total........1630

Damage
Dealt.......1630 (I killed them all, so easily understood)

Me:

3B............510 @ 170 - Dead
1MA..........280 @ 280 - Dead
3L.............450 @ 150 - 1 Dead... 1 50% wounds, 1 30% wounds (approx)
1A.............180 @ 180 - Dead

total........1420

Damage
taken........620 (stated by the game)

Total points gained = 1010

According to my 'stated' damage:
1630 - 620 = 1010 points won (nice!)

However, what I don't understand is that...
... my 2L even when fully healthy, are only worth 300 points.

In terms of estimated unit points due to wounding, I reckon my remaining units were only worth around 175 points.
Yet the game awarded me 1010 points.

And... even if 620 is taken from 1420.... it = 800

Again, this is not 1010 (I do understand that it is taken from the defence total.... but)

...... how is this all calculated?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you're enthusiastic you get a bonus to your battle points (I believe its 120%?). So if you enter a battle when you're enthusiastic as opposed to having just enough happiness or not enough happiness you lose points. Also when you win a battle if you hover over the trophy icon it will break down the points you get by showing you
damage dealt
happiness modifier
and damage received (apparently my rogue was worth 104 points per health bar it lost, easy to figure out since it was the only damage I took)

DeletedUser

If you're enthusiastic you get a bonus to your battle points (I believe its 120%?). So if you enter a battle when you're enthusiastic as opposed to having just enough happiness or not enough happiness you lose points. Also when you win a battle if you hover over the trophy icon it will break down the points you get by showing you
damage dealt
happiness modifier
and damage received (apparently my rogue was worth 104 points per health bar it lost, easy to figure out since it was the only damage I took)

Good point (I must remember to check, before battling ;) ).... but as it happens, no enthusiasm was noted on the points report.
My Guild support is good, but sometimes I drop to just being 'happy'.
The battle must have been fought with normal happiness.

So we still haven't explained 1010 points, when I was reduced to 2 wounded L.

Does Guild membership affect the points?

DeletedUser7719

Enemy:

2B............340 @ 170 - Dead
3MA..........840 @ 280 - Dead
3L.............450 @ 150 - Dead

total........1630
This part is correct. If you had a delighted city, you would have gotten an additional 20%*1630 = 326 points regardless of how much damage you have taken.

The damage taken only takes half of the normal points, so
3B............255 @ 170 - Dead (3*170*.5)
1MA..........140 @ 280 - Dead
3L.............135 @ 150 - 1 Dead... 1 50% wounds, 1 30% wounds (approx) = 1.8 total damage (150*1.8*.5)
1A.............90 @ 180 - Dead

And that gets you the 620 :D

DeletedUser

Very nice explanation.
I guess there are few people playing FoE that understand how the points are calculated.

:)

DeletedUser5180

Very nice explanation.
I guess there are few people playing FoE that understand how the points are calculated.

:)

with all the amazing work (especially stats and figures) that Byeordie does on the forum i'm sure Einstein was one of his ancestors :p