• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: How About Stone Age Great Buildings?

DeletedUser100835

It seems the developers of this game are trying to have two Great Buildings per Age. Trouble is, there exists no Great Building for the Stone Age. Why not? Also, the only ways currently to get blueprints for Great Buildings are Polishing, Motivating, or Plundering a building in a neighbors city, buying a section with Diamonds, or assisting in the construction of another player's Great Building, and then the blueprints will always be for same age Great Buildings (ie, don't expect an Iron Age Blueprint from Polishing a Bronze Age building). This leads to another problem with not having a Stone Age Great Building - why would I waste my time Polishing or Motivating a Stone Age structure, if I know in advance I will NEVER get a Blueprint? The 20 coin payoff???? Having a Stone AGE great building would give Stone Age structures importance! You might even see them hanging around late into a city's development - if people wanted to get that blueprint. Maybe it's felt there are no structures known that date from the Stone Age? How about Stonehenge in England or the Moai Statues of Easter Islands for two examples?

DeletedUser4089

People generally don't have Stone Age building that long considering one of the tutorial quests brings the player into Bronze Age and building Bronze Age buildings,.
Most people wouldn't want you to motivate one of their Stone Age buildings(if they have any left) anyway.

As to why there's no Stone Age great buildings:
1. It's not really an age in the game, it's just a starting point to quickly show players how to research into a new era.
2. There are no Stone Age Goods with which to construct a Stone Age Great Building.
3. What recognizable Great Buildings were constructed during the Stone Age?
Stonehenge was around 200BCE which puts it in the Bronze Age
Easter Island is ~1st millenium CE which puts it into Iron Age I believe

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

They would be so underpowered that it just wouldnt be worth getting them if they were made.

DeletedUser1081

Chauvet Cave could be a Stone Age GB used as a tutorial, costing only supplies and 20-or-so FP.
It could require only 3 BPs or something like that, and provide a mild happiness boost with no secondary boost.

I say +1 and move it to the Idea section! :cool:

DeletedUser

Somehow I'm not sure that it's going to be an idea that will be implemented, based on the comments above. Pity, because I did have fleeting images of having a Stonehenge somewhere, but I'll be content with a small stone circle instead.

Moving it to the Ideas section, since it is an idea. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Surge

Brigadier-General
I am afraid that you're not the first one asking. If you make a search, you'll find this thread from a while ago. Rule's say not reposts, but I guess the mods didn't find a link. :/

Stonehenge was around 200BCE which puts it in the Bronze Age
Easter Island is ~1st millenium CE which puts it into Iron Age I believe

I agree with you on the point that SA is just a tutorial age with nothing in it. It only has 1 tech that does nothing. Why expand on nothingness and meaninglessness? There is a problem with your post. The ages of various structures depends on the civilizations that built them. For example, when the conquistadors had started conquering and annihilating the Mayan civilization, the Maya were a Stone Age society, whereas the invading Europeans had steel and gunpowder available to them already.

Also, just as a side not here before someone calls me an ignoramus, Stone Age does not denote intelligence. It simply means that the most sophisticated tools available to the Maya were stone tools.