• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Houndsmoor Happy House Association

• Thread starter DeletedUser13521
  • Start date

DeletedUser13521

Greetings!

I am seeking to form a large network of active players on Houndsmoor, solely for the purpose of making it much easier for everyone to keep our friend lists full, and hopefully more beneficial than ever! This is a large project, and will require the help of many people in order to get started and have the organization functioning correctly. There will be no bias against any guilds, everyone will be welcome that meets the requirements and can follow the rules. Members will no longer need to worry about hunting down all the people on their friend list that have stopped PM'ing!

The minimum requirement will be to maintain a 50% polish/motivate ratio per day, meaning 7 PM's over a 2 week period. This will give added flexibility to members, if you have a busy week and can only PM twice, you can make up for it the week after by doing 5. If you are going away for vacation etc, just give advance notice and you will be fine.

The plan is :

1. Find representatives for 20-30 Guilds who are willing to help out on initial recruitment for members, no further duties will be required after getting started up. If 2-3 people would like to remain on and help with administration that would be great :)

2. Find 5-10 people willing to monitor friend list Polish/Motivate activity 2 times per week, preferably by spreadsheet but other methods can work also. These people will need to remain anonymous so nobody can cheat and simply P/M the record keepers. Once every 2 weeks I will need to know if anyone fails to meet the P/M requirements.

3. AFTER enough people have contacted me for tasks 1 and 2, we can begin forming the group. 150 - 200 people will be needed in order to start up the plan! Since you cannot add guild mates and should not add neighbors to your friend list. I will have all the recruiters send me their list of members and create a master list. The master list will be used to start an in game mail we can use to communicate and coordinate things from there.

4. Members will be divided up into 40 player groups to simplify organization. If we end up with 5 groups, group A will be asked to friend invite players from groups B, C, D (120 players). Group B will invite from C, D, E. etc etc. This should allow everyone to fill up to the maximum allowable friends on list :D.

5. Monitoring will begin at this point. A new message thread will be started once per week to allow for new members to join. Once every 2 weeks everyone will be notified which people have been removed for failing to meet P/M requirements. I will do everything possible to keep administrative messages to a minimum.

6. Kick back and enjoy the fruits of our labour! Things should be running nicely by this point, hopefully everyone's towns will be prospering better than ever :)

If you are interested in helping with parts 1 or 2 please send a message to Ragnarock9 in game on Houndsmoor.

Remember : If you want to help out with monitoring group activity do not post here, you need to remain anonymous :o

DeletedUser12400

+1

Great idea, Ragnarock!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

lol you defo dont want to help out people you will be competing against in guild wars ;)

DeletedUser13521

I hunted for hours a couple days ago and still could not find a single piece of solid information regarding what guild wars is going to be like when it is released ... are you holding back on us blacksmith?! :D

DeletedUser13521

Well! After the overwhelming number of people expressing interest in this idea ... a whopping zero :D Consider this officially scrapped lol.

DeletedUser97939

i agree there ragnarock there is now solidevidnece of this

DeletedUser98682

I think this is a great idea rag - maybe if it was advertised more? perhaps send some mails out to the guild leaders? i would be happy to help with that. Im sure DW would help too !:D
Tracy